Random Season News

Some buzz in oki land regarding Jackson Arnold hitting the portal.
Something to keep an eye onin the next few weeks.

Anybody who purchases now is a moron.

Just wait until the coaster leaves the track and the last echoes of "FUUURRRRK" 2024 have stopped echoing across the Brazos valley. Tickets will be far more reasonable then.
i hope you are right! I’m buying 4 for the family and trying to get timing right.

Leach's only year at OU was a testimony to the overwhelming stupidity of John Blake. After we won that game, I told people sitting in the Tower Building food court immediately after the game "next year, Stoops & Leach will run us out of Fair Park".

The following year, people I didn't know asked me how I knew that a year in advance. It wasn't rocket science. Stoops and Leach had NO/ZERO WRs. They had a truckload of RBs they were trying to convert to WRs; running the wrong routes and with stone hands. I also knew Mack Brown & Greg Davis.

Well, Leach left for Tech and Mangino was brought in; enter a few WRs and that equaled one of the most embarrassing performances in Texas history. As if the scoreboard wasn't enough of an embarrassment, we had players shoving coaches (even knocking them down) on the sideline - storming to the bench and throwing helmets. Make no mistake, Mack NEVER missed clapping his hands. In the meanwhile, OU went on to win the National Championship.

Only positive of that day was I got to meet Bob Stoops, shake his hand, and congratulate him. As the man who introduced me to him after the game said, "Coach, there is no man on earth is hurts more to be here than this guy".

As a football fanatic, it was a thing of surgical precision the way Mangino dissected our defense and his defense (along with Mack's player selection) stifled our offense. As a Longhorn, it was one of the longest, worst games I've ever endured, & yes, I stayed to the bitter end.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back