Random Season News

Because they were willing to take money that otherwise would have gone to Aggie NIL, thus leaving all our NIL money untouched.

Cotton's business is really built on quality of work, response time, and industry, not being an Aggie or a Longhorn. I know the guy that had all the WalMart, Target, and Federated stores (they're called something else now), as well as most of the Simon's properties, got out of the business, but Cotton has a lot more industrial.

I liken them to ambulance drivers but on airplanes. Some idiot tampers with a fire extinguisher in WalMart in Davenport, Iowa, and the store is shut down until they can get there, contain the contamination, and remediate it. Think more industrial, like Neches Butane (or whatever they call that tender box now)

I liken them to ambulance drivers but on airplanes. Some idiot tampers with a fire extinguisher in WalMart in Davenport, Iowa, and the store is shut down until they can get there, contain the contamination, and remediate it. Think more industrial, like Neches Butane (or whatever they call that tender box now)
TPC Group

Correct. I can never imagine TPG being associated with Neches Butane. (OK, in 80 years it's changed its name forty dozen times or at least after every time it blows up, but to locals it will always be "Neches Butane". I believe at one time Harvard Endowment put money in it and putting one of their board members as President.

Best story about that facility is from the early 50s a guy whose parents owned THE grocery store in Port Neches was working at Neches Butane and studying engineering at Lamar. One day he walked into the president's office at work and handed him a stack of papers. Guy asked him what it was, and replied, "those are modernizations and improvements to this plant that will triple your income and make you a hero". Guy was fired on the spot. Fast forward a couple of years and guy graduates at top of his class at Lamar, is accepted to Stanford Grad school, where he also graduates #1. When I was in HS and for a decade following, PNG would play a football game in Pasadena or at home and there would be a white DC9 parked on the tarmac at Ellington or Nederland. Plane had a small "S" on the tail - Standard Oil of New Jersey. Bob would always come watch his Indians once a year. The plant from which he was fired was three blocks from The Reservation.

Check out the Football schedule on Texas Sports. No TV is shown for the Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky games. Not even a TV: TBD notation.

Welcome to the $EC.

Those three along with UGa are "flex games", meaning kickoff and network are open to desirability of game versus what else is available. Multiple networks versus multiple games. If we are winning, should be primetime on big network, if not, make sure you have SEC Network.

Those three along with UGa are "flex games", meaning kickoff and network are open to desirability of game versus what else is available. Multiple networks versus multiple games. If we are winning, should be primetime on big network, if not, make sure you have SEC Network.
In past years they have shown TBD for the Flex games. The GA game had better flex to 11am as there will be no hotels within 50 -75 miles due to the F1 Race. I don't want a choice of stopping in Waco after midnight or driving on home.

Looks like all of the soccer games are on ESPN+ or SEC Network+.

Is that race Saturday or Sunday afternoon?

That's going to be an up and back for me. I'm not paying $1,000+ for a hotel room and then face I-10 Sunday afternoon. Please tell me the football game and the race won't be filling 71 at the same time

That's going to be an up and back for me. I'm not paying $1,000+ for a hotel room and then face I-10 Sunday afternoon. Please tell me the football game and the race won't be filling 71 at the same time.
Practice and qualifying Saturday afternoon followed by an Eminem concert; race Sunday afternoon.

If you don't know who/what Eminem is consult with the HornFans musical experts WorsterMan or HIC.

That's going to be an up and back for me. I'm not paying $1,000+ for a hotel room and then face I-10 Sunday afternoon. Please tell me the football game and the race won't be filling 71 at the same time
Okay, I won't tell you.

F1 qualifying on Saturday, race on Sunday...

Rice, NTSU, SFA, Sam, or Houston Christian are more financially stable than UConn. Other than basketball, what do they bring, other than the crudest fans in all sports?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back