OTHER GAMES

What does the Alabama Georgia game mean for us? Are they both really that good, or are their pass defenses suspect?

I watched the first 20 minutes, shut it down, then turned it back on late in the fourth quarter when a buddy texted me. Most of the time while I watched, Beck was terrible. The int at the end was also terrible, given the time Georgia had left. There was no point in making that throw unless it was wide open.

But again, I have to wonder how our pass defense and edge rushers compare to what we saw tonight.

When you have super studs all over the field , plays wilm be made. It means we need to up our game. And keep it that way week after week. Both those teams have super studs all over their lineups. We're not there yet.

As I posted on our game thred, this is rarefied air for us.
To be fair we havent faced an " elte" offense yet Coming in to the season my biggest concern was our secondary. And they have yet to be tested.
Both Milroe and Beck would test us to our limits. Both teams have elite wr's and arent afraid to push it downfield.
It will come down to our play calling and execution.
Milroe is not the same qb we saw ladt year and Beck is a proven winner so Im burning his first half tape.

Duke beat UNC tonight after coming back from an early deficit. Murphy seemingly improving with each game.

CFB is funny. Georgia was lucky to escape Kentucky. Bama kinda struggled against USF (I think) and we struggled 1st half vs State. My point is….i don’t know what my point is, but we’re still more than capable of winning it all.

CFB is funny. Georgia was lucky to escape Kentucky. Bama kinda struggled against USF (I think) and we struggled 1st half vs State. My point is….i don’t know what my point is, but we’re still more than capable of winning it all.
Each game is independent and stands alone. You are still dealing with 17-22 year olds (except for Bowman and Rising who are older than many nfl qb’s). Transitive properties don’t work well in college sports.

Both those teams have super studs all over their lineups. We're not there yet.
cnb, I’m going to respectfully disagree. If our roster isn’t the equal of Alabama and Georgia, the difference is minute.

With this level of talent — and depth, it comes down to coaching, belief, development, hunger, and culture. I can’t get over the fact that two years ago in Austin, and one year ago in Tuscaloosa, we faced a team with considerably more talent, and essentially won both battles. I will also take Quinn Ewers (and maybe even Arch Manning) over both of the quarterbacks we saw last night, although each is outstanding.

I might be drinking the orange colored Kool-Aid, but I don’t think so. We will know soon enough.

Ole Miss still at 6? Is there a contractual obligation to have at least 5 SEC! teams in the top 10 of their stupid ranking?
I agree, but I personally think that after Georgia at 4, there’s quite a bit of uncertainty, and probably a drop off. So there might not be much not much difference between # 5 and # 10.

Texas, Alabama, and Georgia have been tested. (I do include the Michigan game as a test, given the circumstances, venue, and our dominance.) The other teams have not.

For years we've heard nothing but how great sec defenses are and how we in the little 12 never had to face such a defense. The Georgia-Alabama game?
~1060 yards mostly through the air.
Yeah, I saw the post above elite players all over the field and I agree with that. But maybe the sec shills need to tone down the "great defenses" rhetoric.

For years we've heard nothing but how great sec defenses are and how we in the little 12 never had to face such a defense. The Georgia-Alabama game?
~1060 yards mostly through the air.
Yeah, I saw the post above elite players all over the field and I agree with that. But maybe the sec shills need to tone down the "great defenses" rhetoric.
It's been a BS brainwashing and marketing job by ESPN for a decade. Congrats to them for convincing small-minded dolts all over the country.

Somebody that knows "Amanda" or who she is, please remind her that DKR had a 30 game winning streak during which we covered 29 times. The one time being Baylor at Floyd Casey, a game we maybe should have lost, but the Bears "owned" us in the first half, but couldn't put the ball in the endzone.

7-0 at the half, and perhaps DKR's shortest ever halftime words, but he got the point across.

Last edited:
It's been a BS brainwashing and marketing job by ESPN for a decade. Congrats to them for convincing small-minded dolts all over the country.
I agree about the BS brainwashing, with this additional observation:

It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. In other words, the recruits have been brainwashed as well, and a majority of the best players want to play in the SEC. That includes many of our studs. So ESPN’s shameless and disingenuous marketing ploy for eyeballs stated a chain reaction that has resulted in a majority of the best players selecting the SEC…

After watching several $EC games over the past two weeks, it is apparent that the $EC officials have an agenda. We always thought the Big XII officials were bad, but it is becoming evident that the Big XII officials were just incompetent. Meanwhile, the $EC officials are doing their best to follow orders.

Dukesteer, I think you nailed it - the differences require a microscope. And Sark and staff have the trend heading upward.
It’s because of the portal. Though Bama and Ga have had higher recruitment rankings, when you add the portals that Sark has brought in, it seems like Texas has been #1 or #2 for the last 3 years.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back