OTHER GAMES

You won't have to because I do not intend to step foot inside the stadium. I've never been. I went to quite a few games in Texas Stadium when I lived up there including the game when the Eagles delivered an 11 sack beating of Troy Aikman. That's when I knew he was a man. I believe the Eagles had Reggie White, Jerome Brown (RIP), Clyde Simmons and Seth Joyner.

But I'll take that beer at Scholtz's!
I doubt I could afford a round of beer at Jerry World

Only time I'll go is for State Championships in December. Parking is $10, and three championship games for $25.
You're one up on me, Sabre. When construction was completed on the Boss Hog Bowl, there was an "Open House" for Arlington residents. I went to the Open House, did the tour - and have never returned.

UNLV is an implosion waiting to happen...QB walked on a claimed non-payment of NIL funds. Owner of Circa says he will give the money ( school is 3-0). School says no and, reportedly, has already told QB to clean out his locker.

Hope QB2 is ready to step up...

Someone remind me again. Why is it that we're supposed to hate Notre Dame?
I can't speak for anybody else, but I personally dislike them because, for the longest time, they got special treatment--e.g. getting their own TV channel (NBC) and not having to join any conference. I also often dislike their coaches (e.g., Weis and Kelly)

I can't speak for anybody else, but I personally dislike them because, for the longest time, they got special treatment--e.g. getting their own TV channel (NBC) and not having to join any conference. I also often dislike their coaches (e.g., Weis and Kelly)
Growing up I resented that, when everyone else played 10 games + a Bowl, they only played 9 (7-8 scrimmages against the likes of Bucknel, Wm & Mary, etc. + 1-2 real games & no Bowl), could lose 2 of those games & were still ranked top 5, frequently #1.

TOUCHDOWN VT!

34-24! :yippee::yippee::yippee:

I hate these announcers.. Tech has been winning most of the game but the announcers just said "Tech has just been hanging around.....". No they haven't, Miami has been hanging around.

Looks to me like the reversal at the end of the VT-Miami game — with no clear evidence to overturn — was a business decision by the conference. They want a team in the playoffs.

Welcome to the bandwagon. I've been riding it since about 1995 or so.
I've been anti cowboy since I first heard Jerry's voice and his uncanny ability to make any question he gets all about him.

He's looking rough these days. Maybe he should get some maintenance done on the facelift.

Duke,

You could not be more correct. The kid had the ball in the field of play. The kid got not one, but both feet down. The theft of the ball involved a defender who was out of bounds. Wasn't his butt on the ground before the ball came out?

They don't play anyone else, and the odds are against my wishes, but I hope FSU can learn to play football, and them and/or Loserville beats the crap out of the convicts.

I've been anti cowboy since I first heard Jerry's voice and his uncanny ability to make any question he gets all about him.

He's looking rough these days. Maybe he should get some maintenance done on the facelift.

You need to buy and read Jimmy Johnson's book: "Swagger"

It is fascinating about Jerrah, Jimmy, Super Bowl wins and why the Cowboys have been in the wilderness since then.

Never forget at the end of the day, it's all about glory for Jerrah!!

Saturday 9/28/2024

A pretty good slate of games this week. Georgia/Alabama and Illinois/Penn St could be barn burners.

Kentucky at No. 6 Ole Miss | 12 p.m. | ABC/ESPN+
Lane teaches offense to Kentucky

Minnesota at No. 12 Michigan | 12 p.m. | FOX
Big Blue keeps inching back up after we beat them. I think the winner of this ancient rivalry gets some sort of jug, axe, frying pan or something. This one really meant something back in the days of Bronco Nagurski.

No. 20 Oklahoma State at No. 23 Kansas State | 12 p.m. | ESPN
Good matchup of pretty good well-coached teams. Cats at home.

No. 22 BYU at Baylor | 12 p.m. | FS1
Another holy war of sorts.

Nebraska at Purdue | 12 p.m. | Peacock
? They're both sub-par.

Northern Illinois at NC State | 12 p.m. | The CW Network
Pack

Maryland at Indiana | 12 p.m. | Big Ten Network
?
Buffalo at UConn | 12 p.m. | CBSSN
Buffy

Western Kentucky at Boston College | 12 p.m. | ACC Network
BC. Not a bad team.

Holy Cross at Syracuse | 12 p.m. | ESPN+/ACC Extra
Cuse.

Navy at UAB | 12 p.m. | ESPN2
Decent matchup. The Middies continue their surprising good start to what looks like a good year.

South Florida at Tulane | 12 p.m. | ESPNU
Wave.

Emory & Henry at Limestone | 12 p.m. | FloSports
??????? Who TF are these guys?

Texas State at Sam Houston | 3 p.m. | ESPN+
Interesting matchup among the Tier 2 Texas schools

Wisconsin at No. 13 USC | 3:30 p.m. | CBS
Trojans take out their frustrations on the cheese.

No. 15 Louisville at No. 16 Notre Dame | 3:30 p.m. | Peacock
I asked why everybody seems to hate Notre Dame. I'll root for them here.

No. 21 Oklahoma at Auburn | 3:30 p.m. | ABC/ESPN+
Here's one OU can take.

Arkansas at No. 24 Texas A&M | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN
Ags have been dominating pigs for quite a while. Who knows how this wlll turn out.

TCU at Kansas | 3:30 p.m. | ESPN+
Both really need this win to keep the season alive.

Colorado at UCF | 3:30 p.m. | FOX
Another one Deion can win.

Louisiana at Wake Forest | 3:30 p.m. | ACC Network
Wake

Fresno State at UNLV | 3:30 p.m. | FS1
?

North Carolina at Duke | 4 p.m. | ESPN2
Mack attacks, gets back on track, talkin' smack with no slack hangin' on the rack, Duke's a hack that ain't got jack.

UTSA at East Carolina | 4 p.m. | ESPN+
Roadrunners

Mars Hill at Wingate | 6 p.m. | FloSports
I'm shocked this didn't make the ESPN Gameday game of the week.

Stanford at No. 17 Clemson | 7 p.m. | ESPN
Tigers

No. 18 Iowa State at Houston | 7 p.m. | FS1
Coach Campbell teaches the Coogs a thing or two about fundamentals.

No. 2 Georgia at No. 4 Alabama | 7:30 p.m. | ABC/ESPN+
BIG BIG BIG. The headliner game. Colossal matchup between 2 of the Nation's top teams.

No. 3 Ohio State at Michigan State | 7:30 p.m. | Peacock
Bucks. MSU ain't what they used to be.

No. 19 Illinois at No. 9 Penn State | 7:30 p.m. | NBC
Possible trap game. Bielema's U of I has been performing quite well this year. His Defense is very solid.

South Alabama at No. 14 LSU | 7:45 p.m. | SEC Network
Bengals.

Florida State at SMU | 8 p.m. | ACC Network
Never thought I'd pick SMU over Florida State, but I'm doing so here.

Cincinnati at Texas Tech | 8 p.m. | ESPN2
Tech in a night game on the HIgh Plains.

New Mexico at New Mexico State | 8 p.m. | ESPN+
little brother state game

Air Force at Wyoming | 8 p.m. | CBSSN
Wyo

Abilene Christian at Utah Tech | 9 p.m. | ESPN+
ACU

Washington State at No. 25 Boise State | 10 p.m. | FS1
?

Arizona at No. 10 Utah | 10:15 p.m. | ESPN
Utah's too strong up front.

No. 8 Oregon at UCLA | 11 p.m. | FOX
Oregon lights up the scoreboard.