OTHER GAMES

Teams trade FGs. Stafford looked hurt after that last hit. Don't know if he will be back in. . . . He's in.

Last edited:
Lions hold Rams to another FG and still lead by one with 8 minutes to go. Now this is what a playoff game is supposed to look like.

It could be worse. You might have had to watch "Heidi"

I'm old enough (too old) to remember that happening late 1968. Dad and I were watching the Jets and Raiders playoff game... game cut off at a critical time late 4th qtr. Fans and viewers went NUTS on NBC for cutting away for Heidi !!!

Last edited:
I remember hearing about it and thinking, "who the hell watches the AFL". We watched the NFL game, but considered the NFL to be "real football". AFL was for leftovers.

I'm old enough (too old) to remember that happening 1968. Dad and I were watching the Jets and Raiders playoff game... game cut off at a critical time late 4th qtr. Fans and viewers went NUTS on NBC for cutting away for Heidi !!!
I have that same memory. That really sucked!

I remember hearing about it and thinking, "who the hell watches the AFL". We watched the NFL game, but considered the NFL to be "real football". AFL was for leftovers.

Yeah, we were NFL, but watched that game for some reason. Maybe cause George Blanda was 40 year old QB for the Raiders throwing strikes to Fred Bilentikoff and the Jets QB was Broadway Joe Naimaith and several UT alumns... Pete Lammons, John Elliott, George Sauer and Jim Hudson.

Last edited:
I'm old enough (too old) to remember that happening 1968. Dad and I were watching the Jets and Raiders playoff game... game cut off at a critical time late 4th qtr. Fans and viewers went NUTS on NBC for cutting away for Heidi !!!
Same here. It was probably my first real WTF moment if there was ever such a thing back then. Plus I wouldn’t have known what that meant.

Yeah, we were NFL, but watched that game for some reason. Maybe cause George Blanda was 40 year old QB for the Raiders throwing strikes to Fred Bilentikoff and the Jets QB was Broadway Joe Naimaith and several UT alumns... Pete Lammons, John Elliott, George Sauer and Jim Hudson.
I was able to watch the Oilers with George Blanda, Billy Cannon, Charlie Tolar, and visiting players such as Boston QB Babe Parilli and Dallas Texans QB Len Dawson in the early ‘60s at Jeppesen Stadium in Houston. Best I can recall, the crowds were sparse and whatever fans were there liked sitting in the end zone seats seeing how you could keep balls kicked into the stands. That is unless my memory has failed me on the ball part.

Heard on the news this morning that Bills fans have turned out for a call of volunteers to help remove 2 feet of snow from Highmark Stadium. Props to them!

I don’t watch much NFL - hard to enjoy for some reason - but the Boys are my team even though I hardly watch them…but I wonder, since JJ has to have a coach that he can totally control, then that type of coach is probably soft, thus his team is soft (though very good at times). Hence, outcomes like last night. My 2 cents :idk:

419994676_1061634095076935_276413742823467326_n.jpg

Guy,

The nickname does not make them so. Consider the previous "Texans":

Lamar Hunt's Dallas Texans were the closest to the real thing & the only one owned by a true Texan, BUT he couldn't compete with Mr Murchison, Gil Brandt, & Tex Schram, so they were soon off to Kansas City to become the Chiefs, BUT we have that everlasting memory of Abner Haynes being allowed to call the coin toss in OT.

Before Lamar, there was an NFL team called the "Texans" for one year before they ran off to Baltimore to be the Colts. Don't know if Irsay had anything to do with them, but Dallas was better off to not have Irsay around.

While Cal McNair graduated from Texas, they are a South Carolina family.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back