OTHER GAMES

“Unlike fairytales evil usually defeats good because they don’t play within the rules. Good wins only when they are very, very, very good.” Robert Heinlein
“Spock, I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is very, very careful."
~ Dr. McCoy (Star Trek / The Omega Glory)

“Spock, I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is very, very careful."
~ Dr. McCoy (Star Trek / The Omega Glory)
I remember that line well and I thought immediately that the Star Trek writers, being heavily influenced by Heinlein, paraphrased him then.

Last edited:
Me, too. Or ever pulled for Ohio State.
I despise both but I’ve lived all over the country and the Ohioans are, and I’m speaking in general terms, the worst people in this great country. Not even a close second place unless you consider Lubbock a state.

I despise both but I’ve lived all over the country and the Ohioans are, and I’m speaking in general terms, the worst people in this great country. Not even a close second place unless you consider Lubbock a state.

What do you suppose is the reason(s) many peeps from Ohio are generally nasty?

What do you suppose is the reason(s) many peeps from Ohio are generally nasty?
First…they feel inferior to the East Coast but consider themselves a close second. So a southerner is the lowest form of life in their opinion.

Second…for a century and a half one the primary means of employment and economic development in Ohio was floating goods down the Ohio River and then the Mississippi River to New Orleans. The Rivermen were paid in New Orleans and lost all their money there..then broke would steal all the way back on the Naches Trace. I found them unscrupulous to this day.

When I lived on Maui an Ohioan stole my surfboard. In Montana I was assaulted by one. And in Sarasota they were everywhere..all my neighbors and bosses over 7 years. They will stab their own relatives in the back without thinking twice.

Third..when the Horns beat them in Columbus they attacked lots of Horn fans leaving the stadium. They all had we hate Texas Tshirts..a sea of white Tshirts.

The reasonable people from Michigan that I’ve known over the years agree about the Ohioans as do the good citizens of Kentucky.

I could go on and on.

Last edited:
I thought that one was really close. I would not use the word "hosed".
The ball was clearly dislodged — visually popping up— by the defender in the field of play. The receiver did not have control of the ball. Once he crossed the goal line – before he gained control — the defender took the ball away. To me, it was a clear-cut interception. I believe that the referees lacked the courage to overturn the call at Michigan.

LSU QB breaks a very long run to inside the 5. That guy is lightning fast. . . . LSU scores and is back to within 3.

The ball was clearly dislodged — visually popping up— by the defender in the field of play. The receiver did not have control of the ball. Once he crossed the goal line – before he gained control — the defender took the ball away. To me, it was a clear-cut interception. I believe that the referees lacked the courage to overturn the call at Michigan.
dude, it was not clear at all. he briefly bobbled it and then had it for 2 steps across the goal line and then dislodged. It was close, but no way in hell they were overturning that call on the field. You need concrete video evidence to overturn a call. Official guy they had said it was very close as well. So did announcers. You're on an island on this one.

Recent Threads

Back