OTHER GAMES

Shadeur slowly shuffles off to the locker room like James Brown (the singer). Over sized towel draped over his head. Something tells me he won't be coming back on the field tonight though.

Losing record now, but at least the bling is safe this week
Shadeur taking another beating. He’s already walking like his Dad. How much more can the kid endure? I’m sure a great number of people believe this is what he gets for his arrogance, but like him or not, this isn’t right. Of course that’s just my 2cents.

From WaPo this morning, in the weekly Winners & Losers column:

People who paid to watch Iowa-Northwestern (losers)

The patrons at Wrigley Field got to see a pair of Big Ten teams post a baseball score, with the Hawkeyes squeaking out a 10-7 victory on Drew Stevens’s 52-yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining.

As for the rest of the game? A combined 339 yards, 14 punts and three red-zone trips for a matchup that was expected to be a low-scoring scrum and arguably exceeded expectations.

From WaPo this morning, in the weekly Winners & Losers column:

People who paid to watch Iowa-Northwestern (losers)

The patrons at Wrigley Field got to see a pair of Big Ten teams post a baseball score, with the Hawkeyes squeaking out a 10-7 victory on Drew Stevens’s 52-yard field goal with 14 seconds remaining.

As for the rest of the game? A combined 339 yards, 14 punts and three red-zone trips for a matchup that was expected to be a low-scoring scrum and arguably exceeded expectations.
Yes I would say 7-3 or 6-3 was the expectation.

Chiefs shut out the Dolphins in the first half this morning in Germany--21-0. Best play was a forced fumble by the Chiefs and then the player that recovered the ball lateraled it to a teammate who took it in for a TD.

Josh Dobbs, who only arrived in Minnesota on Tuesday, and did not take the first team reps in practice, came in when the Vikings' starting QB was knocked out early. He made a couple of mistakes at first, but then played a brilliant second half and led Minn on a final drive that ended with a TD pass to take the lead. Great job. Also, Baker Mayfield led Tampa Bay on a drive for a TD to take the lead with less than a minute left when Tampa Bay scored. But then C.J. Stroud led the Texans on an amazing scoring drive. He ended the game setting the all time rookie passing record with 470 passing yards. (The Texans did not have a kicker the second half, so they had a running back kicking off, and he actually made one FG). Two great games this afternoon.

If Alex Grinch had any self respect he would have disemboweled himself on the field already

Maybe that's a little harsh, a strongly worded resignation would do as well

I think I liked our chances against Blow U better than I do against OSU. That said, my soul requires that I pull against OU. And, predictably the refs were obscenely biased against OU. Some one should have dealt with this B

For anyone interested in former UT players in the NFL, tonight D'Onta Foreman will be starting for the Chicago Bears against Carolina, and Roschon Johnson is second team, coming in mostly on third and long passing downs. Both have been playing well. At the start of the season, D'Onta was third on the depth chart and Roschon was second, but then Chicago's starting running back went down with an injury. Foreman has been playing well enough that they have not missed the starter. I still can't get used to Thursday Night Football switching to Amazon Prime Video.

The announcers did not notice it (too busy fawning over guest Jason Kelce in the booth), but Foreman appeared to be hurt about midway through the second quarter after picking up 39 yards on 10 carries and one pass for about 12 yards. He went into the medical tent, and did not return for the rest of the half. Roschon Johnson is getting more carries now that Foreman has left. . . . Foreman is back in to start the second half, , , after a poor punt sets the Bears up in good field position, Foreman makes three tough runs and then bulls in on a fourth carry from the three to put the Bears ahead.

Last edited:
Quite a few of the short and medium range passes thrown by both these QBs so far are not even close to being on target. . . . but that last one was spot on.

Last edited:
From nfl.com: "Bears RB D'Onta Foreman currently ranks second in the NFL in rushing yards after contact (272) since Week 6. On Thursday, Foreman had 61 of his 80 rushing yards after contact. "

11/11/2023

For Veterans' Day, we'll lead off the predictions with the Military Academies:

Air Force at Hawaii - not a team the Bows can beat. Air Force gets back in the sky after their lone loss.

UAB at Navy - a pretty good matchup. Navy has a chance for the W.

Holy Cross at Army - the Caissons roll all over the New England Catholic school kids who couldn't get into BC, Notre Dame, or Georgetown.

#8 Alabama at Kentucky - a dangerous trap game on the road for the Tide

Indiana at Illinois - booooooorrrrrriiiiinnnngggg

Maryland at Nebraska - yawn

#3 Michigan at #10 Penn State - the headliner game; cheaters vs. molester cover-uppers.

Vanderbilt at South Carolina - SC of the East

Georgia Tech at Clemson - Clemson

Virginia Tech at Boston College - BC

Texas Tech at #16 Kansas - Jayhawks keep stating their case as a force to be reckoned with on the football field, as well as the basketball court. The Tech fans aren't quite restless yet, but if next year is like this year, watch out for McGuire.

Temple at USF

Tulsa at #23 Tulane - Go Tulane

Old Dominion at Liberty - These smaller Virginia schools have gotten good at football (along with JMU)

U Conn at James Madison - I see no ranking number by JMU anymore...

#21 Arizona at Colorado - Arizona has fought their way into relevance after years of wandering in the desert. Another good test for Deon and the Buffs.

NC State at Wake Forest - Pack.

Memphis at Charlotte -- Memphis pulls out the W on the road.

Baylor at #25 Kansas State - Cats bounce back. They're a legit top 25 team

Minnesota at Purdue -- I think some sort of silly trophy goes with this game.

Northwestern at Wisconsin

Rutgers at #22 Iowa - more defense; less points

#13 Tennessee at #14 Missouri - an even matchup

#18 Utah at #5 Washington - a VERY IMPORTANT GAME in the playoff race.

Pitt vs Syracuse (in the South Bronx, NY)

Miami (FL) at #4 Florida State - the rivalry nature of this game makes it a trap game.

#15 Oklahoma State at UCF - Pokes (probably)

Texas State at Coastal Carolina

Auburn at Arkansas - well, I guess somebody has to win

Washington State at California - two sort of dangerous unranked teams.

Stanford at #12 Oregon State

#9 Ole Miss at #2 Georgia - the 2nd headliner game. Lane has a chance to go in between the hedges and off the bulldog.

Cincinnati at Houston

West Virginia at #17 Oklahoma - ?

San Diego State at Colorado State

Florida at #19 LSU

Michigan State at #1 Ohio State

Mississippi State at Texas A&M - battle of two equals

Rice at UTSA

Duke at #24 North Carolina

Arizona State at UCLA

Iowa State at BYU

USC at #6 Oregon - another HUGE GAME with playoff implications. USC can score as much as Oregon, and almost beat Oregon's nemesis Washington last week.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back