OTHER GAMES

TCU can’t rush the passer the way they used to.

Murphy will camp out in the pocket and pass for 300 on the Frogs.

Tech’s defensive team speed and pursuit by their fast LBs and Safeties looked pretty good. Tech also made some really good open field tackles. We can push them around up front though.

The Texas Tech Football Tradition That You Don't Know About.

"It's been a whack few years for Texas Tech and there have been several attempts to adopt some sort of motivational symbol for the team. Going back just a little bit there was the pumpjack when Sonny Cumbie filled in as coach (and, sorry, he should be our coach now). Then Tech fans adopted a cactus after someone made a comment about the team being in the desert.

So now we're at a tire, short for "putting your foot in the tire", which is basically taken from the movie Creed II, where as part of his training he trades blows with another fighter while keeping his foot inside the tire. It's supposed to be a symbol of giving and getting pain, standing tall, and not giving up."

Perhaps they're trying to mimic the aggies.

Traditions:

- Dead horse
- Yosemite Sam
- Dude jerking off ringing a big bell behind the endzone
- Tortilla throwing
- Carrying a tire around on the sidelines
- A possum (possibly to be run over by the tire...)

waco-texas-usa-7th-oct-2023-texas-tech-red-raiders-offensive-lineman-nick-fattig-60-carries-a-tire-on-the-field-before-the-1st-half-of-the-ncaa-football-game-between-the-texas-tech-red-raiders-and-baylor-bears-at-mclane-stadium-in-waco-texas-matthew-lynchcsmalamy-live-news-2T0M6HT.jpg

attachment-tire4.jpg

Well, maybe not when playing the Longhorns:

170321-bullfighter-romero-mexico-feature.jpg

oHwhEh8.jpg
I really have to cheer for the bull on this one. If you stuck a bunch of swords in my back, then taunted me, I'd probably want some payback too.

Oh, and the only good thing to come out of Tech was the band of middle school goalpost hoodlums.

I really have to cheer for the bull on this one. If you stuck a bunch of swords in my back, then taunted me, I'd probably want some payback too.

Oh, and the only good thing to come out of Tech was the band of middle school goalpost hoodlums.
Like they say:

"You mess with the Bull, you get the horns."

I'd support bull fighting if it was an uninjured "fresh" bull versus an uninjured "fresh" matador.

They rig it, such that the bull is almost already dead by the time the matador fights him with cape and sword.

11/4/2023

This is a good college football Saturday with some pretty good looking matchups:

BIG 12

BYU at West Virginia - WV's pass rush may put the hurt on Slovis.

Houston at Baylor - Ahhhhhh, there's just so much to admire about these two programs... It's hard to find anything unlikeable about either one.

#21Kansas at Iowa State - Abolitionists keep on rolling. They're for real.

#9 Oklahoma at #22 Oklahoma State -- UPSET ALERT - Pokes

UCF at Cincinnati

SEC

#14 LSU at #8 Alabama - the headliner game. Somebody once told me these two teams, fan-bases, and states don't care much for each other...

Arkansas at Florida - Gators at the Swamp

Auburn at Vanderbilt

Jacksonville State at South Carolina

Kentucky at Mississippi State - Cats scratch dogs

#12 Missouri at #2 Georgia - more cats vs dogs. Danger for the dogs if Mizzou shows up to play. Don't expect a cake walk.

Texas A&M at #10 Ole Miss - Lane torches the ags

UConn at #17 Tennessee - this would be a good basketball matchup...

B1G / BIG 10

Nebraska at Michigan State - N may beat team turmoil and end up with a winning record this year.

#1 Ohio State at Rutgers

Illinois at Minnesota - couple of average teams

Iowa vs Northwestern(in Chicago, IL) - low-scoring ugly game. Hopefully it's foggy too. That would fit.

#11 Penn State at Maryland - Maryland cares a lot about this game. They don't have the talent to match them though.

Purdue at #3 Michigan - Purdue switches up their signs and has a chance...

Wisconsin at Indiana - more boring Big 10 stuff. The Big 10 is boredom central this year...

PAC 12

#5 Washington at #20 USC - UPSET ALERT - this could be where the #5 dogs get sent to the pound. Look for a high scoring shoot out. Last team with the ball may win this one. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Arizona State at #18 Utah - not a cake walk. Utah is tougher and more sound. ASU can light it up when they're on though...

California at #6 Oregon

#16 Oregon State at Colorado - a test as to whether CU can beat a solid ranked team now.

Stanford at Washington State

#19 UCLA at Arizona - UCLA appears legit. Arizona is tough to figure out this year.

ACC

#4Florida State at Pitt - no cake walk. Too bad it's not a few weeks later and snowing hard.

#15 Notre Dame at Clemson - at the start of the year everybody thought this would be a great matchup.

Georgia Tech at Virginia

Miami (FL) at NC State

Virginia Tech at #13 Louisville - not sure just how good Louisville is. I'd like them to take out FSU.

MILITARY

Army vs #25 Air Force (in Denver, CO) - The Falcons will need to play better than they played against Navy.

Navy at Temple - Navy pads its record a bit. Call it target practice at Temple.

OTHERS

Charlotte at Tulsa

Campbell at North Carolina - Mack gets a break

SMU at Rice - Rice=not the usual pushover this year.

#24 Tulane at East Carolina

USF at Memphis

Georgia Southern at Texas State -

Boise State at Fresno State

Hawaii at Nevada - another game the Bows can win; of course "can win" doesn't mean "will win".

UNLV at New Mexico

UTSA at North Texas

Louisiana Tech at Liberty

Merrimack at UMass - Merrimack? Is this a Civil War naval battle or something...?

Middle Tennessee at New Mexico State - aggies

Kennesaw State at Sam Houston

"#14 LSU at #8 Alabama - the headliner game. Somebody once told me these two teams, fan-bases, and states don't care much for each other..."
:lmao:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 3:15 PM on SEC Network

Back