OTHER GAMES

IMG_0831.jpeg

Stuzman

Just saw your thread. I was there today wearing my Oilers Earl Campbell shirt. 136 former Oilers honored, throughout the game played Oiler highlights, band played “Oilers Fight Song” and team wore Oiler jerseys. Awesome by the Titans Organization.:hookem:

Last edited:
Sorry, but I don't believe a team that moves AND rebrands should be permitted to use the predecessors identity...
Apparently they plan to wear Oilers jerseys when they play the Texans later this season. Don’t shoot the messenger.

As a Titans season ticket holder, I cannot disagree with that sentiment. But the Adams family, who I really dislike, owns the Oilers brand so I guess they can do what they want to do. I tried to be a Texans fan, but when they refused to draft Vince, they lost me. When I moved to Nashville 10 years ago, I still did not like the Titans. Only a couple of years ago when Derrick Henry surfaced did I join up as a fan. Simply because he reminds me how Earl ran.

ii,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had disappointing experiences with the Adams family. I have never dealt with them but found Bud Adams to be a great person. He was unfortunately hated by most in Houston, none of whom had ever met him. He was a wealthy (mostly inherited) businessman who shunned the "society limelight". He did, unfortunately, turn management of many of his businesses over to people that were nowhere near his level of class. (start with Scott Appleton's cattle all the way through Earl's Lincoln).

Living in a city with multiple professional teams with a series of less than desirable owners (who has the most, Astros or Rockets) can taint my view. With Crain et al, I can finally become an Astros fan. Few are aware that a group had a verbal agreement to buy the Penguins and bring NHL to Houston but Rockets would not allow them to use the Toyota Center. Sure Cleveland has the Haslem, and the Bidwells & Irsays are still around, but Houston fans thought Drayton (see also Baylor football) and Charlie Thomas (just typing that name makes me want to throw up) were "great" and Bud Adams was horrible.

Adams was offered a much larger financial deal by Los Angeles to move the Oilers there but didn't want to fight the "politics" in Cali-prune-ya. It is my opinion that he wanted "football fans" not provide a bunch of phonies who didn't know a touchdown from a touchback a place to be seen.

I like you disliked Bud Adams until I had the opportunity to deal with him one on one. FWIW, we didn't talk much about college ball because the big fight between KU and Mizzou involving him and recruiting soured him forever.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-MS STATE *
Sat, Sep 28 • 2:30 (or 3:15) PM on ABC/ESPN/SECN

Back