OTHER GAMES

Wow. That was the craziest ending I've seen in a long time. Two 50+ yd TD passes in the last 12 seconds of the game.

Last edited:
Not scary, not disciplined, just playing a less disciplined team.

Two TDs on kick returns, 2-3 PIs not called, Holgerson's coaching, They have a couple of competitors that never gave up, but without that WY QB antics at the end, the hail marry falls at the 15.

Only thing I fear at Third Ward is drive Bys, stolen cars, muggings & robberies.

Nash,

We know how. It starts by putting one of your two tallest receivers, with the highest vertical of any Longhorn ever on the bench. For that matter, you have a 6'7" TE and 6'5" TE sitting on the bench. We have no midgets like Tony Jones.

We have no midgets like Tony Jones.

That dude made what, IMO, is the 2nd greatest reception (behind Peschel) in the history of UT football at ARK in 1987. It pleases me greatly that they included that play in the pregame highlights reel before each game.

The uh receiver actually jumped to try and make the initial catch on the hail mary, unlike our receivers who seemed to have their feet encased in cement keeping them on the ground as spectators to the spiking of the ball by the dirt burglars.

Not that it really matters if everything falls into place, but here's to root for this weekend:

ISU @ Cincy - We play them
KU @ OK State - We beat them
BYU @ TCU - Toss up, but I picked BYU by the merit of playing them sooner (could sneak their way into the polls) and with TCU's QB absence, it makes sense for them to be down this year.
KSU @ Tech - Toss up, but I picked Tech because of the potential for our T+1 matchup. They're getting a lot of positive spin for "almost" beating Oregon, while the word on KSU is relatively quiet.

Not scary, not disciplined, just playing a less disciplined team.

Two TDs on kick returns, 2-3 PIs not called, Holgerson's coaching, They have a couple of competitors that never gave up, but without that WY QB antics at the end, the hail marry falls at the 15.

Only thing I fear at Third Ward is drive Bys, stolen cars, muggings & robberies.
Scares me, how many times has this team played down? We ought to mudhole them, but there have been a lot of 'ought to's' down through the years.

That dude made what, IMO, is the 2nd greatest reception (behind Peschel) in the history of UT football at ARK in 1987. It pleases me greatly that they included that play in the pregame highlights reel before each game.

Can't argue with those two catches. For me it's Eddie Phillips to Cotton Speyrer vs UCLA in 1970 with 12 seconds left to pull out a 20-17 win and keep what became a 30 game win streak in tact.

I included Tony because at 5'5" he could stand flat footed under a basket, go straight up and dunk a basketball with either hand.

Also best point guard on campus, as seen when a team of football players mudholed Weltlich's varsity by over 50 points in an unauthorized game

Also best point guard on campus, as seen when a team of football players mudholed Weltlich's varsity by over 50 points in an unauthorized game
Well, not to take away from the football team's accomplishment, but the Lamar Jr High Scotties 7th grade B team whipped Weltlich's bunch by about 15 points, as I recall it.

Ok I understand Sabre but then why didn’t we do that. I thought our effort was rather puny and does matter that Sanders was hurt there are other ‘jumpers on the team. Hence my comment we should learn from the UH game.

Stopped watching at half. Watched the highlights this morning, what an incredible ending. QB Greene got a personal foul on their last TD to set up the Houston hail mary. Surpassed Cristobal as dumbest dumb f*^% so far this season.

So there might be a Dumb and Dumber 2023 on the horizon?

Stanford at Colorado is coming up. Another test for the Buffs, coming off their win over ASU. Stanford is not very good this year.
:stanford::cu:

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back