Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

I had this discussion with a liberal friend last night at dinner. Could I defeat Hamas with my AR-15? Nope but some of them would die trying to harm my family.

Every bomb shelter in Israel should have weapons to defend themselves. Hamas wouldn’t try the same tactics if they knew they would face bullets if when they entered a home.

I had this discussion with a liberal friend last night at dinner. Could I defeat Hamas with my AR-15? Nope but some of them would die trying to harm my family.

Every bomb shelter in Israel should have weapons to defend themselves. Hamas wouldn’t try the same tactics if they knew they would face bullets if when they entered a home.

Yep. The fact that Israel has such strict gun control laws when their country is surrounded by hostiles is ludicrous.

Just watched on CNN, which is reporting on Israel at war.
A Israeli son spoke of his 75 yo mother whose location is now not known. She was at a Kibbuttz and let him know she has made it to a shelter.No communication after that
Here is the insane part. These "safe places" in the kibbuttz were designed to protect against rockets and HAD NO LOCKS. wtf????? His Mother texted him all in shelter were trying to hold door shut.
So If there were weapons in a kibbuttz they were locked up in one location
And there were "safe houses"???? but with No locks.
These poor Israeli civilians were screwed over by an amazingly clueless Israeli Gov't
Where was common sense?

Just watched on CNN, which is reporting on Israel at war.
A Israeli son spoke of his 75 yo mother whose location is now not known. She was at a Kibbuttz and let him know she has made it to a shelter.No communication after that
Here is the insane part. These "safe places" in the kibbuttz were designed to protect against rockets and HAD NO LOCKS. wtf????? His Mother texted him all in shelter were trying to hold door shut.
So If there were weapons in a kibbuttz they were locked up in one location
And there were "safe houses"???? but with No locks.
These poor Israeli civilians were screwed over by an amazingly clueless Israeli Gov't
Where was common sense?
I can only surmise that if the residents had guns, then the Israeli left would say that the presence of guns would make the residents a target of Hamas. Of course this assumes Hamas wouldn’t attack civilians. Stupid assumption obviously.

I can only surmise that if the residents had guns, then the Israeli left would say that the presence of guns would make the residents a target of Hamas. Of course this assumes Hamas wouldn’t attack civilians. Stupid assumption obviously.

Israel should require every adult without a criminal record or mental health condition to own a gun.

Israel should require every adult without a criminal record or mental health condition to own a gun.
You would think given their history if their government had a clue they would be teaching how to use a gun in middle school and would be issuing guns to everyone of sound mind when they turn 18.

I had gun use and safety in middle school, no reason why Israeli's can't.

There is a reason the doors at the kibbutz do not have locks. I read an article that said every new home is required to have, and now most homes, are equipped with a "safe room". The children often sleep in them in case of a bombing during the night. Can you imagine?
Many of the Israelis went in to their safe rooms, but Hamas burned the homes.
There are no locks on the doors of anything but the safe rooms so firemen may enter the home to rescue anyone locked in their safe room in case of fire, by torch or by bomb.

The article said that many Israelis keep their service weapon from the time when they did their two year stint in the military. There is one story making the rounds of a very attractive Israeli man and his wife, who locked their twins in the safe room, and used their weapons to kill 7 Hamas terrorists before they were killed.
Their twins survived. Their parent's died a heroes death defending them.

Today, Tuesday, millions of Catholics around the world are dedicating and uniting in fasting and prayer for peace, hostages freed, and innocent people be not made victims of this conflict, end of blood shed. Please consider joining us.

According to reports I read including CNN safe rooms do not by law have locks.
Safe rooms were supposed to keep you safe from bombs .
There are many stories of people physically holding the safe room doors closed for hours. One mother used a vacuum cleaner to secure door.

Something I find interesting is that if the US or any Western country has the slightest skepticism about any group of refugees or any number of refugees, they're called massive racists and evil. However, Jordan can tell refugees from a neighboring nation to completely eff-off, and it's totally ok.

20231017_153819.jpg

Something I find interesting is that if the US or any Western country has the slightest skepticism about any group of refugees or any number of refugees, they're called massive racists and evil. However, Jordan can tell refugees from a neighboring nation to completely eff-off, and it's totally ok.

Because the crazy left sees everything though this filter: colonizers and the oppressed.

Yeah. In fact one of the significant factors that have led to this bloody situation was the refusal of Egypt and Jordan to take any of the Palestinians from the get go. Some on the left will scream at others who suggest the Palestinians should emigrate to other Arab countries. But to me that remains a very plausible way of removing the whole issue. You can still criticize Israel when they over step with the settlements, but simply taking them as refugees would end the Palestinian suffering and put their families on to a hopeful track.

Nobody else likes the Palestinians. Other Arab nations use them as foils when they want to rag on Israel, but they won't ever do anything to actually help the Palestinian people.

Israel has improved ties with multiple ME states over the last 5 years. I think they have signed treaties or another type of agreement with Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and UAE. That is probably one of the motivations of Hamas to attack Israel, to cause a reaction from Israel bad enough to cause those Muslims to back away from Israel. But those Muslim countries could short circuit the whole thing. If they agreed to disfavor Hamas and allow some immigration of Palestinians. It could be a resolution.

Now Hamas is accusing Israel of bombing a hospital in Gaza City killing 500 people. Israel is saying they would never target a hospital. I believe that
Israel is saying they are investigating. It could have been a defective rocket
Or a defective Hamas rocket
Either way a tragedy.

I am an isolationist and historian. War really sucks but we can’t let this drift into WW3. Let them duke it out.
Iran has already been given the nuke keys by Hussein and Biden gave them back Bonus Bucks they lost for bombing a military barracks. Two very bad moves.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back