Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; their neighboring states are unsavory and un-trustworthy

Both sides have their arguments. It is a fight that I don't think we should be involved in. From the latest casualty comparison I think it is- Israel has killed 20,000- Gaza 1,000. But who knows if that is accurate.
Not sure what the casualty comparison is for the century though? That would be good to know.

The comparison for the century will be much greater imbalance on Israel's side. Plus all the property destruction and theft. Of that 20,000 about half are children about 10% are men.

I think Sasha Baron-Cohen (Borat) hit the nail on the head. This seems to be about how most Middle Eastern countries view their problems:

I think Sasha Baron-Cohen (Borat) hit the nail on the head. This seems to be about how most Middle Eastern countries view their problems:

When you have failed, but you see that someone else has succeeded, there are different ways to look at the situation:

1. Try to figure out why you failed, and why the other guy succeeded. See if you can improve yourself, and learn something from the winner's success. Emulate some of his methods and techniques. Strive to do better going forward.

2. Blame the successful guy for your failures. Build up envy inside you. Lash out at the winner. Take victimhood as your identity.

Much of the losing world countries have chosen option 2. Those who choose option 1, might improve themselves and start winning--at least some of the time.

Most winners (people and nations) have lost plenty of times. They just learn from it and improve. They don't wallow in internalized victimhood, while attacking the more-successful.

Both sides have their arguments. It is a fight that I don't think we should be involved in. From the latest casualty comparison I think it is- Israel has killed 20,000- Gaza 1,000. But who knows if that is accurate.
Not sure what the casualty comparison is for the century though? That would be good to know.

American hostages are still held captive. We're involved whether we like it or not

Last edited:
If your allies are attacked you are suppose to be involved automatically.Plus,we have American hostages that the administration appears to be doing nothing about.

Who gives a flying **** what the balance is between Israel and Gaza in death count? Every death in Gaza is on Hamas' hands, not Israel. Every death in Germany and Japan during WWII was their government's fault, not the Allies. Why is this so hard to understand? Israel has listened to the world community with this PC nonsense for years and where has it gotten them?

As the world events get scarier it is comforting to know our leadership is in capable hands. I am ashamed.

Who gives a flying f**k what the balance is between Israel and Gaza in death count? Every death in Gaza is on Hamas' hands, not Israel. Every death in Germany and Japan during WWII was their government's fault, not the Allies. Why is this so hard to understand? Israel has listened to the world community with this PC nonsense for years and where has it gotten them?
It’s called deflection. It’s what one side does when they lost the argument.

Who gives a flying f**k what the balance is between Israel and Gaza in death count? Every death in Gaza is on Hamas' hands, not Israel. Every death in Germany and Japan during WWII was their government's fault, not the Allies. Why is this so hard to understand? Israel has listened to the world community with this PC nonsense for years and where has it gotten them?

I am neutral.
However, I was under the assumption that:

1. Israel is on Arab land? The Jews were a Mideast tribe that got.beat by the Romans (twice?) and it cost them land. Maybe they deserve land?
If the UN gave , say Texas, to any group to move in and live there and take over property , I believe Texas folks might be pissed.
2. Whatever Biden does, doesn’t mean I should be killed for it. By supporting Ukraine to the extent, he could have started WW3.
3. Numbers always need to be taken into consideration in war decisions. Otherwise Nukes are the best answer.
4. Both sides seemed to be supporting genocide to some extent.

I am neutral.

1. Israel is on Arab land? The Jews were a Mideast tribe that got.beat by the Romans (twice?) and it cost them land. Maybe they deserve land?
If the UN gave , say Texas, to any group to move in and live there and take over property , I believe Texas folks might be pissed.
2. Whatever Biden does, doesn’t mean I should be killed for it. By supporting Ukraine to the extent, he could have started WW3.
3. Numbers always need to be taken into consideration in war decisions. Otherwise Nukes are the best answer.

Was the USgulity of genocide in ww2?

Creek,I am not going to take the time to give you a history lesson but the Jews ownership of the land goes back much farther than roman times. It also was granted to them by the original owner(you can look that up). Also the Palestinians' are not considered Arabs.

You bring much clarity.

:clap:

Creek,I am not going to take the time to give you a history lesson but the Jews ownership of the land goes back much farther than roman times. It also was granted to them by the original owner(you can look that up). Also the Palestinians' are not considered Arabs.
Agree with all except your last sentence.

Where is this novel idea coming from that the "Palestinians" are not considered Arabs? That's far outside the mainstream of Anthropology.

They consider themselves Arabs. The Jews consider them Arabs. The other Arabs and nations of the Near East consider them Arabs. Academics and historians consider them Arabs. Many were Arabs who moved West from Jordan after the fall of the Ottoman Empire.

If you're looking for the remnant of the Phoenicians and other Sea Peoples of the Ancient Levant (including the Ancient Gazans from 3,000 years ago), look to Lebanon--the DNA even backs it up. What's left of Phillistine DNA -- it's part of the Lebanese.

https://www.quora.com/Are-Lebanese-... Phoenicians.,definitely our place in history.

Last edited:
Was the USgulity of genocide in ww2?

In the Libertarian book, the West is always wrong. If we just left everything alone, the rest of the world would live in peace and harmony, and free trade sold thrive. Nobody would fight over land, natural resources, religion, race, etc. It's the John Lennon/Imagine mindset.

Let's see, you support Coach PK, right?

Yep. When I said that in the Oklahoma game that an injured secondary contributed to the loss I got a lot of disagrees. I don't see how I'm wrong when we lost two starters in the secondary in that game.

Yep. When I said that in the Oklahoma game that an injured secondary contributed to the loss I got a lot of disagrees. I don't see how I'm wrong when we lost two starters in the secondary in that game.
Then you clearly bring much clarity to the football boards as well!

:beertoast:

In the Libertarian book, the West is always wrong.
Those simpletons are almost as bad as the woke crowd (notice, I say "almost"). To both of their ilk, the West is always at fault, especially the US. If these 2 sets of dipsh!ts would realize for one moment that 95% of the rest of the world would either kill, beat, shun, excessively tax, or impoverish them, they might be a bit more thankful of where they were fortunate enough to be born.

And if the US wasn't protecting them, they'd soon end up in a colony of Red China.
3da5146a7f0222e161f9a10a39e349203a84e50f_00.jpg

(doesn't look so bad, huh...? :confused::confused::confused:)
(looks like at least they get to listen to accordion music... :thumbup:)

Last edited:

This is the opposite of rationality. "Every death in Gaza is on Hama's hands, not Israel". That is serious cognitive dissonance. Even though the bombs and bullets came from Israel, Hamas is to blame?

It is hard to understand because it completely and utterly wrong. Those who do the action are responsible for the action. This is how justice is described. This is a description of injustice and a justification for murder.

I am neutral.

This is a very logical and moral way to think about it all. The Neocons (i.e. Trotskyist Zionists) will not let it go.

The Abrahamic covenant which promises the land to the Jewish people does not justify murder and theft. The Jews of the 20th and 21st centuries have been given no instruction by God to take land by force.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back