Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

Trump’s US delegate to the UN would have vetoed it.

Shoot, Trump even moved our embassy to Jerusalem. Something every other President before him was supposed to do, but they were all too chicken to do it.

Abstaining is a cowardly move. You’re either for it or against it.

Maybe Israel needs to hear a message that while most Hornfans posters are AOK with what they are doing, a few.billion souls not yet won over may see things differently.

The blame America first crowd has morphed into the.................

Blame the Jews first, then blame America crowd.

There is no logical way to deal with name calling, so I'll leave that alone. Israel as a nation of 10 million people needs to understand that 99 percent of the people outside the US and Israel are less sympathetic to their treatment of Palestinians than Monhans and I. Israel relies on US money and weapons for survival, so hatred of Israel is damaging to the US.

The US ineffectually opposed the West Bank settlements for 50 years. The Netanyahu bunch have effectively ignored the US and the rest of the world, aided by dupes like Bonespurs. Hamas is born in that Petri dish

Bismarck said of the Balkans that they were not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier. I have similar feelings about the Middle East. We should have brought all the European Jews here after the holocaust. Think of what they could have done with Oklahoma or Arkansas

They still have hostages. You must hate Americans and jews....

My support for an end of bombing directly helps the Israeli hostages. If there are American hostages, then our own arming of Israel is putting those lives at risk.

The only way to get them out is to negotiate a ceasefire and then start to aggressively negotiate a release of hostages.

If that is hate for anybody, I have a completely different definition of hate than you.

Apparently the UN measure calls for the immediate release of all the hostages by Hamas. Does anybody think that will happen? I suppose “immediate” has already expired, but our ally can give them a few days I suppose……..

Last edited:
My support for an end of bombing directly helps the Israeli hostages. If there are American hostages, then our own arming of Israel is putting those lives at risk.

The only way to get them out is to negotiate a ceasefire and then start to aggressively negotiate a release of hostages.

The only way out? F that. Just release them. Your proposal just rewards hamas for instigating a war

Apparently the UN measure calls for the immediate release of all the hostages by Hamas. Does anybody think that will happen? I suppose “immediate” has already expired, but we can give them a few days I suppose……..

That is what is necessary for a negotiation. I don't think they will. They will want something in return if the ceasefire itself isn't enough. Probably they will want Israel to release some prisoners. That is usually what has happened.

The only way out? F that. Just release them. Your proposal just rewards hamas for instigating a war

Your response ignores the facts on the ground if you really want hostages released.

Do you actually want hostages released? Obviously, bombing Gaza hasn't resulted in hostage releases, so if you really want them released it will take something else. Real world issues require real world solutions, not just platitudes.

Also, what types of actions do you consider instigation? Do you consider turning off electricity and water, surrounding an area with a wall, setting up cameras all over that wall, severely limiting access out of that wall, shooting anyone who gets too close to that wall, bull dozing homes, burning orchards, taking homesteads away from owners by force instigation? Because Hamas for all their evil isn't doing any of those things on a continual basis.

Your response ignores the facts on the ground if you really want hostages released.

Do you actually want hostages released? Obviously, bombing Gaza hasn't resulted in hostage releases, so if you really want them released it will take something else. Real world issues require real world solutions, not just platitudes.

Also, what types of actions do you consider instigation? Do you consider turning off electricity and water, surrounding an area with a wall, setting up cameras all over that wall, severely limiting access out of that wall, shooting anyone who gets too close to that wall, bull dozing homes, burning orchards, taking homesteads away from owners by force instigation? Because Hamas for all their evil isn't doing any of those things on a continual basis.

Eliminate hamas.

No future hostages. Hamas isn't guaranteeing current hostages are still alive and neither can you

If I hadn't read it here I would have never thought anyone on here could post something like this.
"Because Hamas for all their evil isn't doing any of those things on a continual basis."
Mona
read what you posted .

Eliminate hamas.

No future hostages. Hamas isn't guaranteeing current hostages are still alive and neither can you

Good luck. How much of your money are you willing to send to Israel either by government hand outs or inflation, in order to eliminate them? How much of your pension are willing to give up?

Israel has stated that all the bombing so far hasn't significantly harmed Hamas' capabilities. It will probably help enrollment from people outside of Gaza and the West Bank. So the current action most likely won't end the existence of Hamas.

If I hadn't read it here I would have never thought anyone on here could post something like this.
"Because Hamas for all their evil isn't doing any of those things on a continual basis."
Mona
read what you posted .

I stand by it. Israel has been doing all those things to those living in Gaza and the West Bank for decades. Huisache more or less said it above when he said that Israel has ignored US pressure to stop Jewish settlement expansion in the West Bank.

Wake up, y'all. Conservative Inc media purposefully doesn't mention this.

Mona
Is that footage shot from the Israeli drone?

I did read today that the video footage was from an Israeli drone, so I was wrong about the source of the video. But the content of the video still stands. Those killed were confirmed to be unarmed too.

Let's get some historical context here, folks:

61YJFzpcRzL._AC_SL1242_.jpg

The real problem is this; what makes a country? The consent of the world or force? There will be people who will always believe that Israel stole that land and they don't care about 2,000 year old claims, especially when the apparent title to the land is a book written by the Jews. It's one of the greatest conflicts of interest in history. So they believe the only claims that matter are the owners of the land in 1948. We hear (or know?) that nobody owned the land after the Ottoman Empire was defeated in WWI. Is that true? It was just unincorporated land, managed by the British? Could it be argued that anyone who lived there was a squatter with a just claim? How many years must pass before a "taking" becomes legal? The Argentinians are still pissed about the Falkland Islands (Las Malvinas). China wants Taiwan back. It seems there is only one law. The nerve to use force to take it back or the nerve to use force to keep it. And the rest of the world be damned. In the end, is it the moral obligation of the United States to defend Israel?

Here is a very interesting scene from the movie Exodus which explains the Irgun's position at the time (1948):

Let's get some historical context here, folks:

61YJFzpcRzL._AC_SL1242_.jpg
What people are calling the "West Bank" is in the territory of Manasseh, Ephraim, Benjamin and Isachar. But, of course, there are countless atheists who will scoff at the idea of a Deity distributing land to Tribes.

Back