Education (Not Just UT)

Mississippi sucks at everything, other than music, freshwater fishing for bass and catfish, and football offense (for now).

However, their education has gone from always at the bottom, to the lower-middle. This is a huge improvement. Whatever they are doing should be studied and replicated. The crappy education states might elevate themselves up.

I'm skeptical when Hawaii's public primary and secondary education is ever ranked above anyone but Mississippi or New Mexico.

It sucks beyond description. There's some good football talent per capita out there, though.

Top 5 pot-smoking colleges:

1. Colorado
2. Wisconsin
3. Cal-Santa Cruz
4. Hampshire College
5. New College of Florida

Nos. 1, 2, and 4 pictured below:

:cu::wisc:
1726454727891.png

I wonder where Texas would stand if HISD, DISD, Austin ISD, SAISD, FWISD and the failed districts they've assumed were taken out of the equation.

My take:

The upper end - the education for the top 15-20% of students in Texas is as good, or better, than ever. I say this after looking through my kids' advanced chemistry class, etc. Also, the advanced kids are a year ahead in math compared to what the advanced kids were a generation ago. The top math track at the better large public schools in Texas is:

7th grade - Algebra 1
8th grade - Geometry
9th grade - Algebra 2
10th grade - Pre-Calculus a/k/a Trigonometry
11th grade - Calculus
12th grade - Something else, often something easier like Computer Science or Statistics.

This is a year ahead of the top track a generation ago.

The middle is a little bit worse off than in was in the past. The bottom 33% or so is much, much worse off than in the past.

I see the same track with my daughters and in Texas we still provide opportunities for high achievers. My son will probably have AI classes in high school.

I see the same track with my daughters and in Texas we still provide opportunities for high achievers. My son will probably have AI classes in high school.
High intelligence kids with a decent or better work ethic CAN (but not necessarily will) get a better education than they could get in the past.

I worry for the huge middle-of-the-pack though.

There is a "middle of the pack"? Please go tell the egghead elite that run our University. Like I asked Willie Cunningham, how much money do all your foreign students give to the University after they leave? Before you answer that question, disregard your billionaire in Mexico City & your Saudi Prince.

Of course, his answer was, "I don't have that number available". Why the **** not? You are President in charge of kissing their ***.

Answer: Less than $10,000 a year. In the meantime, you're busy rejecting the children and grandchildren of your donors. That's ok, because OU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, SMU, TCU, & Baylor love you.

High intelligence kids with a decent or better work ethic CAN (but not necessarily will) get a better education than they could get in the past.

I worry for the huge middle-of-the-pack though.

I think in Texas they still will. Life will always be what you put into it, too. But kids have to have parents that teach them the big picture. Daniel learned great things in the school of Babylon and our kids can even learn in government corrupted schools but parents have to explain the game to them. The issue isn't level of intelligence but how much there eyes have been opened to what the system is doing and then using the system for their own purposes. Anyone of any position in American today went through a very biased, anti-god, communistic system, but some where along the line they figured it out and took the things of value and left the rotted pieces.

Answer: Less than $10,000 a year. In the meantime, you're busy rejecting the children and grandchildren of your donors.
I stopped giving to UT (not that my donations amounted to anything) the day they rejected my oldest son's application. When he got a full ride to UNT, my answer to the once endless stream of calls and letters was always the same: my money goes where my kids go.

The calls and letters have all but completely dried up, but it took almost 10 years for UT to figure out I meant what I said.

I have refused to donate to the academic side in protest of policies and the parade of unqualified, goofball presidents.

Frank Erwin ran The University with an iron fist and wanted to make it the finest public university in America. That's why he handed George Kozmetsky a blank check to come from MIT. He would not tolerate the liberals attempt to turn The University in a factory turning out Berzerkley eggheads. (three of whom became President of our University)

A very important event in the economic history of the State of Texas.
Frank was a no ******** guy, who loved The University. He was the only one that could/would handle the "transcript debacle", and he handled it quickly because students had job offers waiting depending on his actions. All that while never letting it be public knowledge so the school didn't get the negative publicity. While he really couldn't stand liberals and hippies, he never sought to go after the culprits, but part of that could have been identifying them would have been very difficult.

Frank was a no ******** guy, who loved The University. He was the only one that could/would handle the "transcript debacle", and he handled it quickly because students had job offers waiting depending on his actions. All that while never letting it be public knowledge so the school didn't get the negative publicity. While he really couldn't stand liberals and hippies, he never sought to go after the culprits, but part of that could have been identifying them would have been very difficult.
can you help me understand the transcript debacle? That was before my time.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back