Coronavirus

Great find LC.
Clean, cannot speak to that specific ie, ‘turbo cancer’ but if you take all the outstanding damaging (health) cases it is well within statistical relevance. It simply is not making the news cast.

1200px-InNOut_2021_logo.svg.png

Here's a new one. Masks not allowed.

In-N-Out Burger is now banning their employees in most states (including Texas) from wearing masks. The only exception is if the employee has a medical note from a doctor stating that the employee must wear a mask. Failure to comply may result in termination of employment.

In-N-Out wants its employees to smile at customers, and customers to see the smiling employees.

In-N-Out Burger bars employees in 5 states from wearing masks to emphasize their 'smiles and other facial features'

CA was actually pretty conservative 70 years ago, and the Snyder's certainly were. I'm not a big fan of their burgers, but I certainly respect the company as they support organizations that combat human trafficking and child abuse.

But I have to add this policy does not apply to the CA stores. Probably because Newsom would find a way to shut them down if the policy applied in CA.

CA was actually pretty conservative 70 years ago
Some folks would say that Southern California was reactionary up until recent decades. LA police would (illegally) post at the Arizona border and prohibit Dust Bowl refugees from entering their state. And the segregation in LA in the past would shock even the Dallas of the same era. I think it got sooooooooooo big and diverse out there that it pretty much had to move to an "anything goes" attitude.

Today's California does seem to be especially wary of the virus.

1200px-InNOut_2021_logo.svg.png

Here's a new one. Masks not allowed.

In-N-Out Burger is now banning their employees in most states (including Texas) from wearing masks. The only exception is if the employee has a medical note from a doctor stating that the employee must wear a mask. Failure to comply may result in termination of employment.

In-N-Out wants its employees to smile at customers, and customers to see the smiling employees.

In-N-Out Burger bars employees in 5 states from wearing masks to emphasize their 'smiles and other facial features'

If their food didn't suck so much I might go there more frequently as a result of this mandate. However, I refuse to pay for garbage.

Inn and Out in process of relocating headquarters to Tennessee. Hopefully they start inundating the area with stores as Whataburger has done.:hookem:

If their food didn't suck so much I might go there more frequently as a result of this mandate. However, I refuse to pay for garbage.

I don't think it's garbage. It just isn't as good as Californians think it is. If you compare it to McDonald's or Booger-King, it's pretty decent. If you compare it to Whataburger or especially to an old school burger place, it not even in the same ballpark.

I don't think it's garbage. It just isn't as good as Californians think it is. If you compare it to McDonald's or Booger-King, it's pretty decent. If you compare it to Whataburger or especially to an old school burger place, it not even in the same ballpark.

I don't know, I'd take a freshly made quarter pounder over in & out.

There is an In& Out near me. Haven't been. Sounds like I don't need to go. 5 Guys is just ok.

My problem with 5 guys is you pay almost $40 for two people to eat a burger and fries with a drink. It's ground beef and potatoes with carbonated water. Of course restaurant prices are going insanely high everywhere, but for fast food I won't pay that.

My problem with 5 guys is you pay almost $40 for two people to eat a burger and fries with a drink. It's ground beef and potatoes with carbonated water. Of course restaurant prices are going insanely high everywhere, but for fast food I won't pay that.
5 dudes prices are ridiculous. I'm amazed some of the burger places want to sell a burger for more than Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. There's plenty of independent bar & grills I can go to and get an 8oz burger with fries that's really good for a lot less than some of these places. Habit Burger is my favorite place for value, but there aren't any in Texas.

The food is good. It was one of the only restaurants in DC I would go to. They were mainly garbage across the board here. Moved back to Austin and went to the 5 Guys in the Arboretum for a while. But too many other options in this great nation of ours, Texas.

Back to Covid - in a NYT article today it had this gem:

Para 17

The official number is probably an exaggeration because it includes some people who had virus when they died even though it was not the underlying cause of death. Other C.D.C. data suggests that almost one-third (NVSS - Provisional Death Counts for COVID-19 - Executive Summary) of official recent Covid deaths have fallen into this category. A study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases came to
similar conclusions (Maintaining the Utility of COVID-19 Pandemic Severity Surveillance: Evaluation of Trends in Attributable Deaths and Development and Validation of a Measurement Tool).

So now we know 1/3 Covid deaths were fake. Recall I said here many many times that up to 50-60% of Covid deaths were going to be dead within 6 months regardless since that many were already sick enough to be in nursing homes? For context, the average lifespan in a nursing home is 5.5 months.

Back to Covid - in a NYT article today it had this gem:

Para 17

The official number is probably an exaggeration because it includes some people who had virus when they died even though it was not the underlying cause of death. Other C.D.C. data suggests that almost one-third (NVSS - Provisional Death Counts for COVID-19 - Executive Summary) of official recent Covid deaths have fallen into this category. A study published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases came to
similar conclusions (Maintaining the Utility of COVID-19 Pandemic Severity Surveillance: Evaluation of Trends in Attributable Deaths and Development and Validation of a Measurement Tool).

So now we know 1/3 Covid deaths were fake. Recall I said here many many times that up to 50-60% of Covid deaths were going to be dead within 6 months regardless since that many were already sick enough to be in nursing homes? For context, the average lifespan in a nursing home is 5.5 months.

I would go a bit further. One analysis I read was that 1/2 of covid deaths were actually from pneumonia. I am convinced because of my experience and many others I know.

I believe a majority of deaths were exacerbated by Covid in the form of obese, COPD, and other chronic diseases that could not overcome the symptoms of Covid.

The only unknown in COVID is whether the release from the lab was intentional or not. We do know that after the release the Chinese decided to let it run to see how the weapon would spread and what type of reaction would be from the rest of the world. It spread with the results being the weak in health died, and the remainder of the world went into hysteria.

I don't know, I'd take a freshly made quarter pounder over in & out.

Well, of course. If I'm using my Weber Performer Premium grilling over charcoal and hickory and seasoning my burgers with Big Cock Ranch ******** seasoning, I'll put all of these places to shame.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-UTSA *
Sat, Sep 14 • 6:00 PM on ESPN

Recent Threads

Back