Controversial opinions

The Olympics should get rid of 3/4 of their sports. Ditch all the stuff like trampoline jumping, break dancing, artistic swimming, etc.

A panel of 10 linguists and writers should have the final say so in what is correct and proper English. They will meet quarterly at Temple Court in London and publish any proclamations, revisions, or rulings. All English teachers worldwide will teach grammar, and other English things based on their proclamations. The breakdown of the 10 person panel is below. Their word is final and definitive as to what is correct English.

England - 3
USA - 2
India - 1
Scotland - 1
Canada -1
Australia - 1
Africa - 1

A panel of 10 linguists and writers should have the final say so in what is correct and proper English. They will meet quarterly at Temple Court in London and publish any proclamations, revisions, or rulings. All English teachers worldwide will teach grammar, and other English things based on their proclamations. The breakdown of the 10 person panel is below. Their word is final and definitive as to what is correct English.

England - 3
USA - 2
India - 1
Scotland - 1
Canada -1
Australia - 1
Africa - 1
They’ve ruled in favor of the Oxford comma.

No school of any size or any level, middle school to medical or law school, should drop football UNLESS they are CAUGHT cheating.

“Sense of Entitlement” is a phrase usually uttered defensively by a person who has somehow screwed over a subordinate, underling, youngster, or person on a lower rung of the economic or social ladder.

“Sense of Entitlement” is a phrase usually uttered defensively by a person who has somehow screwed over a subordinate, underling, youngster, or person on a lower rung of the economic or social ladder.

I work for a company who throws money at employees like it's monopoly money. Unexpected little bonuses, out of cycle pay increases, one off pay increases for those who go above and beyond in an industry with a 2% net profit margin. The #1 complaint is that they aren't compensated well enough when there is not one person in the establishment making below $17 for unskilled labor. The average hourly rate for the 550 employees is about $23.50.

Every quarter we cook for them for appreciation days. We celebrate employees in our leadership meetings every single week. We give gift cards for "out of the ordinary" service. Insurance is supplemented so employees only pay roughly 50% of the overall cost. There's employee ownership stocks given to them every year even though it's a privately owned company. Then they throw these complaints out there flippantly like there's some bottomless money barrel and they deserve more.

THAT is a "sense of entitlement".

I work for a company who throws money at employees like it's monopoly money. Unexpected little bonuses, out of cycle pay increases, one off pay increases for those who go above and beyond in an industry with a 2% net profit margin. The #1 complaint is that they aren't compensated well enough when there is not one person in the establishment making below $17 for unskilled labor. The average hourly rate for the 550 employees is about $23.50.

Every quarter we cook for them for appreciation days. We celebrate employees in our leadership meetings every single week. We give gift cards for "out of the ordinary" service. Insurance is supplemented so employees only pay roughly 50% of the overall cost. There's employee ownership stocks given to them every year even though it's a privately owned company. Then they throw these complaints out there flippantly like there's some bottomless money barrel and they deserve more.

My sense is that most of the underlings would prefer more $ over bells and whistles such as "Employee of the Month" awards, quarterly lunch buffets, and above all "forced fun" with their work buddies and bosses.

Also, you've got to look at their compensation in comparison to other companies for similar positions.

Also, you've got to look at their compensation in comparison to other companies for similar positions.

Head and shoulders above any other similar employer PLUS the added benefits I mentioned no one else comes close. People think they should be paid like an engineer to do unskilled work. That's a sense of entitlement.

My sense is that most of the underlings would prefer more $ over bells and whistles such as "Employee of the Month" awards, quarterly lunch buffets, and above all "forced fun" with their work buddies and bosses.

Monday - suits and ties with white dress shirts (classic IBM style)
Tuesday - "business casual" (whatever that means...)
Wednesday - Western Wear Wednesday (yee-haw!)
Thursday - pajamas day
Friday - Hawaiian shirt day

If you're not Johnny Cash or an Orthodox Priest, don't go around wearing all black every day.

Pat McAfee is a massive douche and Paul Finebaum should be selling insurance or something appropriate to his “personality” I mean how do these dolts get high profile jobs

Why don't you just sign Finebaum up for welfare now. That guy couldn't give away ice water to people in hell much less sell anything.

McAfee is auditioning for the part of class clown if Corso retires. Difference is Corso is a really good guy, particularly when you get him off camera. Classic example when we were sitting in Coach Rick's office, and he asked me what I thought about a particular head coach. I told him there were many if any I held in lower esteem. His response, "Dumbest son of a ***** to ever walk a sideline".

Guy is hilarious

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back