Coach PK & the mighty Texas D + the Return of DBU!!!!!!!!

If you consider allowing the other team to continuously drive down the field at 4-6 yards a pop and keep the ball out of Manning's hands then yes the D played good. TOP in the first half was ridiculous.

Miss St laid down the plan for how to beat Texas. We know blowu sucks at passing this year so we know what they will do.

I agree with Sabre's first point on the very questionable play of our defensive tackles. Five games into the season and this is the glaring question mark which in the end could derail our hopes of winning a natty. I'm hoping that PK has been holding back on certain schemes and we'll see a much improved group the second half of the season, but for now I have not been impressed.

I agree with Sabre's first point on the very questionable play of our defensive tackles. Five games into the season and this is the glaring question mark which in the end could derail our hopes of winning a natty. I'm hoping that PK has been holding back on certain schemes and we'll see a much improved group the second half of the season, but for now I have not been impressed.
We all knew that last year's DT play was extraordinary. This year it seems above average, but nobody fears us at that position. It's the edge pressure that is our D-line's calling card this year.

How Pete schemes around the runs right up the gut will be crucial going forward.

If you consider allowing the other team to continuously drive down the field at 4-6 yards a pop and keep the ball out of Manning's hands then yes the D played good. TOP in the first half was ridiculous.

Miss St laid down the plan for how to beat Texas. We know blowu sucks at passing this year so we know what they will do.
TOP doesn't win games.

Points on the board wins games.

We're only giving up an average of 7 points per game. Ohio State's defense is the ONLY team ahead of us with 6.75 points per game.

TOP doesn't win games.

Points on the board wins games.

We're only giving up an average of 7 points per game. Ohio State's defense is the ONLY team ahead of us with 6.75 points per game.
Miss. St. has 5 new starters on the OL. I don't think any remaining team on the schedule will have this. How will the rush D do against the remaining schedule?

Miss. St. has 5 new starters on the OL. I don't think any remaining team on the schedule will have this. How will the rush D do against the remaining schedule?
Our starting D-front:

Collins - new starter
Broughton - new starter
Simmons - new starter
Sorrell - returner

3 out of 4 new starters, and we won the battle.

Big #15 looks like he improves every week. Norton. We may also start to see Bryant some if run stuffing becomes the primary concern.

Mississippi State averages 27.4 points per game (and we drove that average down from around 30 ppg). We held them to 13 points.

We held MSU to LESS THAN HALF of their normal scoring.

To make it even more impressive, the O and special teams kept leaving our D with our backs to the wall, behind the 8 ball with turnovers and a crappy punt. Our D pulled through and got us through a mostly lackluster O performance until later in the game.

We should limit OU to 20 or fewer points (maybe a lot fewer), and Steve should hang half a hundred on them on O. This is a good year to really smash the Sooners into oblivion.
Show the SEC that they got one champion :ut: , and one dud :ou: .

Our DTs did a heck of a job against the best running team we’ve faced - Michigan. State was able to make progress between the 20s but that’s where it ended. Yesterday’s game, hard as it was to watch at times, was something of an outlier even tho we only allowed 150 yds rushing and 294 total. PK and crew are without a doubt doing an outstanding job.

ou, Georgia, Kentucky and aggy.

tOSU sure has impressed me with its suffocating defense against offensive powerhouses Akron, W. Michigan, Marshall, and Mich. State.
True comment but other than a weaker than usual Michigan who have we played you would seriously call a powerhouse? We need to put OU sux away quickly and prepare for our first genuine powerhouse.

True comment but other than a weaker than usual Michigan who have we played you would seriously call a powerhouse? We need to put OU sux away quickly and prepare for our first genuine powerhouse.
No one. That’s the point of the touting of our defense to this point being suspect.

Georgia's history is on their side, but Georgia is not the same as the last 5 or so years. Their defense is garbage and that "heisman" quarterback is not that great either. They are vulnerable for sure and I wouldn't call them a powerhouse.

Vol,

I would consider them a "powerhouse" if only because of the stockpile of talent. Can Kirby's staff translate that to a great team? That's another matter.

Recent Threads

Back