Bryan Regional - we’re done. Cajuns roast Bouef.

The issues tonight are exactly the same issues this team has exuded for two straight years.

LBJ, Gage and Dup all pitched well enough to win this in regulation, the defense let us down to allow the Aggies to tie then pitching let us down with the wild pitches to let the aggies take the lead.

On a positive note, while this Aggie team is good, I don't think they have the pieces to go deep in Omaha.

LHABSOB,

Some of us are old enough to remember when the Aggies played exactly like this. We never worried because we knew sooner or later they would "Aggie lt". We let them hang around while we did our best Tom Chandler impersonation.

Speaking of whom, somewhere old Tom is laughing his *** off.

Last edited:
We don't have enough pitching to win this regional now. We may have enough to beat Louisiana but we will have zero left to face the aggies again and get our butts handed to us.

What an absolute “choke job” by our short stop!

That dude will go down as the Gideon that dropped the interception vs Texas Tech!

not once but twice!!!!!

Shogun,

I was very happy and surprised at how well this team played most of the night in a very hostile environment, BUT if you are suggesting we might have room for improvement fundamentally, I sure as hell won't argue with you.

Last edited:
The good news is I am a Longhorn and when I wake up in the morning I will not be an aggie. They might try to be like me but I will never be like them.

What an absolute “choke job” by our short stop!
Those were very uncharacteristic errors by Flores. A more interesting question is whether those errors would have occurred (or if the game would have been this close) if we were hosting this regional at the Disch. Having to play this regional in Collie Station was the result of a number of errors that accumulated over the course of the season and I put the blame there on Pierce.

Last edited:
So very frustrating, but all year long it has been one thing or another that has left me saying this game or that game was so very frustrating. The team showed up in an incredibly hostile environment but the little things that have killed them all year did so again last night. Not dead yet but the life support machine is definitely half unplugged.

I am afraid, boys, this was our chance to win this regional, and we blew it. This was such a huge game for us to win the regional and we did not get it done. I went to bed just heartbroken and did not sleep well.

I agree we do not have the pitching to win 3 more games.

Those were very uncharacteristic errors by Flores. A more interesting question is whether those errors would have occurred (or if the game would have been this close) if we were hosting this regional at the Disch. Having to play this regional in Collie Station was the result of a number of errors that accumulated over the course of the season and I put the blame there on Pierce.
agree about playing at home - that should be the minimum expectation - this is now the second consecutive year with out playing a regional at home much less upholding the Omaha standard....

Had to watch this one on-demand long after it ended.

Well, our pitching really came through.

Errors cost us the game, and they were made by some of our best fielders: Flores and Powell. Gotta dance with the one(s) that brought you. Bad timing on our SS and 3B though.

I figure we'll beat U. La. today. The next 2 games against aTm will obviously be tough, due to our pitching depth. Our quality pitching depth this year has been like the wading pool, not like the deep end.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back