AUGUST DFW TAILGATE -PHOTOS!!

Check if Frontier has flights from Marathon or Alpine to DFW! ;)

Honestly Glycomer, if you want to meet up with our highly enlightened, entertaining and esteemed posters, at Frank X. Tolberts, you may have to get serious and see if you can book: Frontier / HIC or Bob's Cheap Commuter Airlines to DFW.

From El Paso, San Angelo or Midland to the HF Tailgate Ground Zero!!

Last edited:
Honestly, if you want to meet up with our highly enlightened, informed and esteemed posters at Frank X Tolberts in Grapevine TX, you may have to get serious and see if you can get , from Frontier / HIC or Bob's Cheap Commuter Airlines. This to get you from El Paso, San Angelo or Midland to the HF Tailgate Ground Zero!!!
I’m very much looking forward to the day that I pop-in on one of y’all’s get-togethers. I’ll be at my gal’s place in Santa Fe. Can we seriously consider moving it up there? Numerous Taco Buenos from which to choose….sadly, however, no other good Mexican whatsoever. :puke:

I gotta split Marathon for a few months.There’s bad drought here, north of Big Bend. Rainy season starts mid summer.…it’s so dry the Rio’s catfish carry canteens and ticks!

In general, one should never come to the Backyard of Texas, this time of year…when it’s the windiest, hottest and driest…wait until the rainy season starts in July. Or come in fall or winter.

Unless,and of course, there’s some big- breasted blonds involved, in which case you might earnestly consider coming out any time they wish.

Last edited:
Hey Gly, wife and I are just leaving Santa Fe on our first return since Covid shut everything down in N Mex. Weather - Food - Everything was great except for higher prices and the darn road construction. Amazing how many local people we met with Houston/Katy connections.

Hey Gly, wife and I are just leaving Santa Fe on our first return since Covid shut everything down in N Mex. Weather - Food - Everything was great except for higher prices and the darn road construction. Amazing how many local people we met with Houston/Katy connections.
I was joking about the food…it’s very good but not the Tex/Mex! Next time you’re up DM me. I’m there mostly summer, early fall…leaving Texas today. Tragically I discovered a whole pack of Lubbock jackasses, my hometown. Their central hive is Malouf’s on the square but their tentacles stretch widely.

Last edited:
I was there in mid March for spring break. Same observation but folks from Tomball/Cypress area.

I was there in mid March for spring break. Same observation but folks from Tomball/Cypress area.
Let’s admit it, but only to ourselves, we (Texans) own the place.

Saw a geezer Aggie coming out of Laughing Leaf Dispensary in Cloudcroft just now. I asked him if he knew about the jar and a kicker named Justin Tucker. He couldn’t remember.

Last edited:
Let’s admit it, but only to ourselves, we (Texans) own the place.

Saw a geezer Aggie coming out of Laughing Leaf Dispensary in Cloudcroft just now. I asked him if he knew about the jar and a kicker named Justin Tucker. He couldn’t remember.
You crossed over to Cloudcroft instead of driving north via Roswell and Vaughn’s Corner?

Ugh, humidity upon arrival in Hobby nearly killed us. Oh how I miss the Santa Fe/Taos weather (and the red chile). This is making me focus on how pissed I was last year about CDC allowing the 2:30 game to start the season last year only to do it again this year. It is the one thing for which I’ll never forgive him. Oh and yes, I do understand the revenue considerations, I just overweight them with the human health issues. And do not bother me or yourselves with the “I can always stay home” because I’ve only got so many games left in me. Ha, just had the thought that with the heat on these times, they may even be fewer.

Ugh, humidity upon arrival in Hobby nearly killed us. Oh how I miss the Santa Fe/Taos weather (and the red chile). This is making me focus on how pissed I was last year about CDC allowing the 2:30 game to start the season last year only to do it again this year. It is the one thing for which I’ll never forgive him. Oh and yes, I do understand the revenue considerations, I just overweight them with the human health issues. And do not bother me or yourselves with the “I can always stay home” because I’ve only got so many games left in me. Ha, just had the thought that with the heat on these times, they may even be fewer.
Favorite restaurants in Sante Fe/Taos?

Used to be the green chile stew at Blue Corn but it’s gone. Did not get to the Coyote cafe this time and had several folks steer me away from Gabriel’s which we also used to like. Believe it or not best meal this time was at Buffalo Thunder - omelette smothered in incredible red chile and the green chile stew at the turquoise grill. Good and hot. I’m low class at Taos and liked the Guadalajara Grill. But honestly just give me some Indian fry bread or a sopapilla with good green and or red chile will make me a happy man. Got some good stuff at the Taos Pueblo which always sends me into a transcendental state anyway.

Used to be the green chile stew at Blue Corn but it’s gone. Did not get to the Coyote cafe this time and had several folks steer me away from Gabriel’s which we also used to like. Believe it or not best meal this time was at Buffalo Thunder - omelette smothered in incredible red chile and the green chile stew at the turquoise grill. Good and hot. I’m low class at Taos and liked the Guadalajara Grill. But honestly just give me some Indian fry bread or a sopapilla with good green and or red chile will make me a happy man. Got some good stuff at the Taos Pueblo which always sends me into a transcendental state anyway.
Cafe Pasqual’s..always a line..go early.

We are going to have a good crowd for the tailgate. ALL are welcome. Who else can join us!?

Fellow passionate and friendly Horns, good conversation on Horns sports, good TEXAS cuisine and beverages, good band if you decide to stay late!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back