2025 Softball Season

Yup. It's going to be the logic of YouTube blocking the distribution of it due to perceived copyrights. In theory, you could do something as wacky as download a VPN program, start up the VPN program to make YouTube think you live in England or Japan and then when you select the recording, it says, "Oh, hey you're from England. No copyright issues with Longhorn stuff from Europe. Here you go."

In theory, I've never done it.

Mia batted and I think she played 3rd later in the game.
This would explain why some of last seasons games, some videos were from a user "overseas". Teagan nor Sophia played this game.
Cambria started the first 3 innings. Then Gutierrez pitched the next 3 innings. Mac pitched the 7th and 8th inning.
Two runs came in the 3rd inning. A base hit up the middle to CF. Then a bunt to 3b (Mitchell) and the throw not in time. So runners at 1b & 2b.
Next Bobcat batter hit a dinky grounder to 3b again and the throw not in time. Bases loaded. Next batter hit to 2b (Brister) and she threw to home plate for the force out. Two out now.
Still bases loaded. Next batter a short fly to left center and two runs scored. Runners at 2b and 3b. Then a line drive to 3b for the third out.
2-0 Bobcats.
Bottom of the 3rd. Longhorns at bat.
Wallace- grounder to 3b. Out.
Maloney- grounder to Lf. Safe at 1b. Then Maloney stole 2b.
Martinez- short ground to CF and Maloney scored. Martinez at 2b after they tried to throw home but late.
Atwood- Line drive and hit the Right Center field fence. Martinez scored and Atwood at 2b.
2-2.
Stewart- 2-run Home run! She hit straight up Left CF. It was one of those, you knew it right off the bat.
4-2 Longhorns.
Mitchell- grounder to deep SS. Safe at 1b.
Cimusz- fly out to CF.

Then in the 7th, one Bobcat home run was off Mac.
The final score was like 16-3, Longhorns. Stewart had two homeruns back to back with runners on base. Martinez had a home run too.

Mia batted and I think she played 3rd later in the game.
About halfway in the game, Mike put in a new rotation where Goode took over for Brister at second and Scott was out in LF. Then later after that he moved Mitchell from third to first and put Mia onto third.

And then Mia did her typical Mia thing. A chop hit bouncing past the pitcher, Mia swoops in from third to snag the ball and then promptly throws the ball to the feet of Mitchell trying to reach the ball and still keep her foot on the bag.

A senior, sigh.

Give it a try. It's still being reviewed by YouTube AI and might be blocked later.

Thanks Racer! Really really enjoyed watching that. Cam looked good in her 3 innings. She is not a strike out pitcher but has good velocity. She missed most of her change-up pitches but Coach White will get that under control before the season! Leighann Goode is such a great infielder but she has got to get better at the plate. Surprised she hasn’t made a change in her swing and how she chokes up on the bat, or something. We need her this year to improve at the plate!!

Thanks Racer! Really really enjoyed watching that. Cam looked good in her 3 innings. She is not a strike out pitcher but has good velocity. She missed most of her change-up pitches but Coach White will get that under control before the season! Leighann Goode is such a great infielder but she has got to get better at the plate. Surprised she hasn’t made a change in her swing and how she chokes up on the bat, or something. We need her this year to improve at the plate!!
i’m surprised she’s didn’t get a lot of strikeouts considering she was known for getting a good amount of them before coming here .

i’m surprised she’s didn’t get a lot of strikeouts considering she was known for getting a good amount of them before coming here .
There was an interesting thing that occurred during Salmon's last inning (3rd) pitched. I'll insert the start of the top of the 3rd here:

1. First batter hits the ball in the gap, on first
2. Second batter bunts and Mitchell is waiting on it to roll out, does not and batter makes it to first - runners on first and second
3. Third batter (#9 according to announcer) bunts a slow ball up towards the pitcher, BUT Texas protests
4. Texas rightly says that #9 was out of the batter's box when she bunted. And the replay shows her left foot was out of the box
5. Ump calls an out. I remember seeing a "1 Out" on the scoreboard
6. And then it gets confusing. The "1" is wiped out and replaced with a "0" and the same batter goes up and bunts up the middle again!

I think what Mike White was doing was training the ump as well as seeing how Salmon handles the pressure of no outs, bases loaded. Up to that point, she'd been walking at least one player an inning and I think he wanted to see if she had the mental fortitude to not walk a player in for a run. She gave up a double instead.

That's what Fall ball is for!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back