2025 Softball Season

I’m just glad it’s not OU honestly. I assume with Canady TTU is a region host. The only thing I don’t love about it is if they don’t host a region. That means they’re coming to us (yes could go to OU or A&M) which I would hate. Probably moot though cause I bet they host.

Or Girl, Cambria Salmon, is playing in the PGF All-American game broadcast today on ESPNU I believe at 2pm central time.
Look forward to seeing how she performs!

Attachments

• IMG_4956.jpeg
    IMG_4956.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 23
Or Girl, Cambria Salmon, is playing in the PGF All-American game broadcast today on ESPNU I believe at 2pm central time.
Look forward to seeing how she performs!

Well Cam did not fare very well. She lasted 1-2/3 inning and left with the bases loaded and a 3-0 lead. She got through the first inning giving up only one hit in facing 4 batters. They hit her hard in the 2nd and she lost the strike zone as she walked in the 3rd run! To be fair these teams are full of elite players all committed to big time D-1 schools! She’ll be fine after Coach White works with her and is calling her pitches!

Well Cam did not fare very well. She lasted 1-2/3 inning and left with the bases loaded and a 3-0 lead. She got through the first inning giving up only one hit in facing 4 batters. They hit her hard in the 2nd and she lost the strike zone as she walked in the 3rd run! To be fair these teams are full of elite players all committed to big time D-1 schools! She’ll be fine after Coach White works with her and is calling her pitches!
This was kind of the same at that all-star game in Colorado earlier mentioned. She had a long 2nd inning. Of course she was pitching against "elite" players. She starts strong and begins to miss those strike zone corners. When that happens, she pitches in the zone and then batters start teeing off her pitches. I guess we will all see how she does in the fall. I think our coaching staff will be a big help and correct that.

This was kind of the same at that all-star game in Colorado earlier mentioned. She had a long 2nd inning. Of course she was pitching against "elite" players. She starts strong and begins to miss those strike zone corners. When that happens, she pitches in the zone and then batters start teeing off her pitches. I guess we will all see how she does in the fall. I think our coaching staff will be a big help and correct that.
You described it exactly as it happened! In the second When she didn’t get the inside pitch call for a third strike, and it definitely was a strike, she seemed to lose it! She has great velocity though. The catcher had to jump to the ball when it was out of the zone. She just needs some TLC from our coaching staff.

Heard she has a potential NIL deal with Adidas and the Mahomes Brand, plus the #2 recruiting class this year along with #1 portal class. And she's from Topeka Kansas - Lubbock will seem like home. It'd be hard for anyone to turn a deal down like that. Good luck to her.

Lubbock is probably a lot more Kansas than Palo Alto to be fair. Didn't think about that. Less tents too.

Most likely behind a paywall. Sometimes they let you read a few articles for free. About Canady's recruitment: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/56...anady-texas-tech-nil-million-dollar-contract/

Less than 48 hours later, they got the answer they were hoping for. Canady announced on social media Wednesday afternoon that she was committing to Texas Tech, and Matador Club announced it had signed Canady to an NIL agreement soon after. The contract is for one year and $1,050,024, as The Athletic previously reported. It’s believed to be the highest-ever NIL contract for a softball player — by a wide margin.

The $24 is for Canady’s jersey number. The $50,000 is for living expenses. And the $1 million is for Canady.

Most likely behind a paywall. Sometimes they let you read a few articles for free. About Canady's recruitment: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/56...anady-texas-tech-nil-million-dollar-contract/

Less than 48 hours later, they got the answer they were hoping for. Canady announced on social media Wednesday afternoon that she was committing to Texas Tech, and Matador Club announced it had signed Canady to an NIL agreement soon after. The contract is for one year and $1,050,024, as The Athletic previously reported. It’s believed to be the highest-ever NIL contract for a softball player — by a wide margin.

The $24 is for Canady’s jersey number. The $50,000 is for living expenses. And the $1 million is for Canady.
My brother (a Tceh insider) said that 1 of tceh's billionaires & former OL is married to a former tceh softball player. She advocated for her sport & alma mater in the most feminine of ways. Realizing the old adage, "Happy wife - happy life" is absolutely true, hubby plunked down the huge check to get Canady to lubuttock, thus ensuring the continued blissful benefits of the marital chamber.

My brother (a Tceh insider) said that 1 of tceh's billionaires & former OL is married to a former tceh softball player. She advocated for her sport & alma mater in the most feminine of ways. Realizing the old adage, "Happy wife - happy life" is absolutely true, hubby plunked down the huge check to get Canady to lubuttock, thus ensuring the continued blissful benefits of the marital chamber.
The youngest person at the table that night, Canady held all the power. But she also had a tough decision ahead, still wary of leaving Stanford behind. Texas Tech softball isn’t on the same level as Stanford, and cowers in comparison to a blue blood like Oklahoma, but the Sellers could offer a distinct perspective. John played football for the Red Raiders under Mike Leach. Tracy played softball at Tech and was on the search committee for newly hired softball manager Gerry Glasco, whom Tech lured from Louisiana after five Sun Belt Conference titles and a .773 winning percentage in seven seasons.

The Sellers could offer distinct resources, too. John co-founded Double Eagle Energy, a multi-billion-dollar upstream oil-and-gas company that operates in the nearby Permian Basin region of West Texas. He also co-founded Matador Club, which he oversees with business partner and fellow Red Raiders alum Cody Campbell. The collective aims to sign every athlete on campus to an NIL deal – achieving it in football, men’s and women’s basketball, softball, baseball, track and golf, including $25,000 each for football players and $10,000 each for softball. In 2022, the Sellers gifted Texas Tech athletics $11 million, with $1 million going toward facility upgrades to Rocky Johnson Field, Tech’s softball stadium.

The youngest person at the table that night, Canady held all the power. But she also had a tough decision ahead, still wary of leaving Stanford behind. Texas Tech softball isn’t on the same level as Stanford, and cowers in comparison to a blue blood like Oklahoma, but the Sellers could offer a distinct perspective. John played football for the Red Raiders under Mike Leach. Tracy played softball at Tech and was on the search committee for newly hired softball manager Gerry Glasco, whom Tech lured from Louisiana after five Sun Belt Conference titles and a .773 winning percentage in seven seasons.

The Sellers could offer distinct resources, too. John co-founded Double Eagle Energy, a multi-billion-dollar upstream oil-and-gas company that operates in the nearby Permian Basin region of West Texas. He also co-founded Matador Club, which he oversees with business partner and fellow Red Raiders alum Cody Campbell. The collective aims to sign every athlete on campus to an NIL deal – achieving it in football, men’s and women’s basketball, softball, baseball, track and golf, including $25,000 each for football players and $10,000 each for softball. In 2022, the Sellers gifted Texas Tech athletics $11 million, with $1 million going toward facility upgrades to Rocky Johnson Field, Tech’s softball stadium.
Yep, that's exactly what my brother said.

Wondering if this was all about the instant $$. Can't imagine her NIL opportunities to be very high in Lubbock. Maybe a local car dealership .
Certainly nothing nationally.
Possibly some softball-related $$ from manufacturers of bats, equipment, at trade shows, etc. - promotions we wouldn’t usually see or know about. Nike and Gatorade had deals with Caitlin Clark, but didn’t put her in ads until she turned pro. Adidas has a basketball ad with Haley Van Lith, who will be at TCU this year.

Starting to happen

I'd tell that coach to go F themself and go looking for another scholarship even if I had to go juco somewhere else on my own. Any coach who offers you a scholarship then yanks it at the last minute because he got a better deal is a piece of **** and would have no issues of not honoring the juco deal when you're finished there. I wouldn't want to play for them anyway.

Good stuff RacerX,
I wonder if these team budgets can influence "any" softball coach leaving for a higher team budget?
Afterall, McCombs stadium no longer has that premier status.
Even though a coach's salary may be higher than others, now with NIL in the picture, having a bigger budget can make a difference recruiting.
Coach White is doing a proven fantastic job. Just to compare, we had overpaid football, baseball and basketball coaches in the past
without producing winning records. Like it or not, the next softball transfer portal will increase with NIL now in the picture.
Any thoughts? :hookem:

Good stuff RacerX,
I wonder if these team budgets can influence "any" softball coach leaving for a higher team budget?
Afterall, McCombs stadium no longer has that premier status.
Even though a coach's salary may be higher than others, now with NIL in the picture, having a bigger budget can make a difference recruiting.
Coach White is doing a proven fantastic job. Just to compare, we had overpaid football, baseball and basketball coaches in the past
without producing winning records. Like it or not, the next softball transfer portal will increase with NIL now in the picture.
Any thoughts? :hookem:
I was thinking about that. Softball team's budget may (?) not equate to the NIL pool to pay, errrrr, entice the players to consider your school.

I was surprised at OSU had a higher budget than us.

Ugh, OU will never go away until Patty retires.

Kind of surprised... I personally think if the Longhorns had won at least game 2, then maybe I would be on the Way to Early Ranking side. But losing game 2 the way we did... I'd have to give the winner the spoils. On a separate note, TT got a big boost with a new coach and arguably the most sought after pitcher. :hookem:

Not sure Tech is a top 10 program just yet.
I never root for Tech. But look at what a new coach and star pitcher with some added hitting transfers did for Texas in the first year. I think KennyG is in for a battle.

But I also think Canady's arm is going to fall off 3/4 of the way into the season.

Last edited:
I love that Softball is trying out some of the other Women’s sports! How cool is that?? Teagan looks like a player!

Last edited:
Fall roster is up:

All 19 on board and accounted for! Glad to see the 2 freshmen in place! Softball is not very good at keeping their fans updated on player arrivals at school.
6 seniors! 5 excellent pitchers. This should be our year! Seasoned juniors and seniors that have been to 2 national championship finals! Sure hope we bring it home this year! Playing in the SEC is going to be grueling! Bring it on!!

I was looking over the roster and I got confused.....Shylien Brister? Okay, Brister sounds familiar, by Shylien? Oh, duh. Shylien is Lien Brister. Okay, gotcha. And I'd forgotten about the single transfer in of Kaydee Bennett from ACU.

Did you note that under the veteran's names there was a dollar sign? And if you click the dollar sign, lo-and-behold, the ability to get your custom NIL purchase directly with the player!

For Ashton Maloney:

Screen Shot 2024-08-31 at 5.53.23 AM.png

Recent Threads

Back