2025 Recruiting - Football

Interestiiing report from Bobby this morning.

He says behind the scenes, things are red-hot for the Longhorns. Due to Texas' big start to the season and the momentum we have, there are "elite" recruits who are calling Texas. Some, he said, have never been on the radar with us.

And those we've been iin contact with, we're now making real progress with. We're setting up officials and unofficials.

Here's a snippet:
"The conversations with previously targeted elite prospects, those committed elsewhere, are becoming longer and more productive. Visits, official and unofficial, are being set.

And it’s not just in the class of 2025."

^^^ This is the positive consequence of producing results. The gift that keeps on giving. Gotta love what CDC, Sark, and the entire coaching staff is doing.

Last edited:
Interestiiing report from Bobby this morning.

He says behind the scenes, things are red-hot for the Longhorns. Due to Texas' big start to the season and the momentum we have, there are "elite" recruits who are calling Texas. Some, he said, have never been on the radar with us.

And those we've been iin contact with, we're now making real progress with. We're setting up officials and unofficials.

Here's a snippet:
"The conversations with previously targeted elite prospects, those committed elsewhere, are becoming longer and more productive. Visits, official and unofficial, are being set.

And it’s not just in the class of 2025."
This is certainly inspiring but lets hold celebration until we see the difference makers at DT. I believe the LB we have from DFW is a game changer like Anthony Hill. We seem pretty solid on everything we have. Never turn down a 5 star that fits.

We may getting a committment tomorrow folks. A name I have not read before. Apparently, we've been recruiting him. 4-star safety Zelus Hicks (6'2, 185). out of Georgia.

Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia and Clemson are the finalist for him. Gerry places our percentage at 75% to get him.

He announces tomorrow.

We may getting a committment tomorrow folks. A name I have not read before. Apparently, we've been recruiting him. 4-star safety Zelus Hicks (6'2, 185). out of Georgia.

Texas, Tennessee, Auburn, Georgia and Clemson are the finalist for him. Gerry places our percentage at 75% to get him.

He announces tomorrow.

Is he reclassifying to 2025?

Hope he's able to reclassify to '25. Apparently he was held back at some point and his birthday was early September such that he is already 18 and would actually in line age wise with the '25 recruits.

This could be huge. Hilson on one side and Simmons on the other. The horror for opposing offensive lines and qb's
The two edges already committed to this class are considered outstanding, with major upside.

Are we moving to becoming “Edge-U,” the next tOSU at that position? Quite possibly…

I think that when all is said and done, ours will be the # 2 class. Regardless, it’s already outstanding.

The two edges already committed to this class are considered outstanding, with major upside.

Are we moving to becoming “Edge-U,” the next tOSU at that position? Quite possibly…

I think that when all is said and done, ours will be the # 2 class. Regardless, it’s already outstanding.

As I posted earlier. We're hearing from kids that were not on the radar. There's a bushel of 5* in there.
We'll see how it all plays out but if some of these hit. Lets just say we'll be the lead dog on the sled team

I just don't like seeing that Alabama's top two recruits are from Texas. But I guess taking one back from AL helps my butthurtness.
Can't get them all. We have KJ Lacey committed from Alabama. Top players in Texas that don't sign with us will increasingly go to other $ec schools (not counting blow u because that has always happened), Ohio St., UM, Oregon and a few others. In state options are the college station cult or playing in the conference of unwanted teams.

doesn't mean i have TO LIKE IT!

tom hanks alabama GIF

With all my speed, Sark can send me out on first down to take in the play for third down. It'll take me that long to get to the huddle. Pfizer took care of my "fat"

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back