2025 Recruiting - Football

In addition to the NIL $ being thrown around, Kirby Smart is presiding over a slow rolling train wreck of off-field problems. Don’t be surprised if recruits (and their parents) want to cash in on NIL $ but also want to develop NFL-ready talent in a stable program.

I can only think of a couple of reasons:

1) $$$
2) outplacement
3) $$$$
Can someone just tell me if he is within Sark's budget for DT. From what I have read on this board the only reason we miss out on the 5-stars is Sark has a set budget for each position. If not for the budget, we would have the top 5-star at each position, right?

I assume that holds true with 4-stars as well.

Can someone just tell me if he is within Sark's budget for DT. From what I have read on this board the only reason we miss out on the 5-stars is Sark has a set budget for each position. If not for the budget, we would have the top 5-star at each position, right?

I assume that holds true with 4-stars as well.
I think this has been discussed before: the miss rate at DT is higher than any other position, thus the potential to waste money that could have been spent on QB, WR, OL, DB, etc.

I think this has been discussed before: the miss rate at DT is higher than any other position, thus the potential to waste money that could have been spent on QB, WR, OL, DB, etc.
Dont quite understand this. Dont we promise a nil before we give it. They have to sign. Then its money well spent

It could be true Dion (but I suspect you know this already) and that would be consistent with Sark’s history of closing well.

Dont quite understand this. Dont we promise a nil before we give it. They have to sign. Then its money well spent
I meant the performance of DT on the field is not highly correlated with recruiting stars relative to other positions. In other words you can spend a lot of money on DT and get a poor return on investment.

I meant the performance of DT on the field is not highly correlated with recruiting stars relative to other positions. In other words you can spend a lot of money on DT and get a poor return on investment.
TEs on the other hand...

How have the aggy DTs that they bought fared so far, btw? They should be juniors now, right?

TEs on the other hand...

How have the aggy DTs that they bought fared so far, btw? They should be juniors now, right?
Some have transferred - oof!

Also, who did they NOT get because they spent too much on the DT position?

I'm curious to know how many highly ranked recruits classified as ATH go on to become starters or substantial contributors. Seems like an awfully vague category.
At what position does Terry project?
The word has been that Terry wants a shot at WR but that his best position is probably at safety if I’m not mistaken.

I apologize if this has been asked/answered and if it's on the wrong thread:

Any chance of a running back coming in from the portal?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back