2025 Recruiting - Football

Mr. Nike can spend all the money he wants to buy players, but that means nothing in the grand scheme when the quackers don’t gel into a cohesive team and bring him a national championship.
There is a great deal to say for ‘culture’.
Just ask Sark.
For every ATM, there are 2 BAMA’s, LSU’s, USC’s, GA’s. They have been buying super blue chips for years. ATM took anybody who was a super blue chip and did not care about culture.

If Texas wins it all this year, expect rules and regs applied pronto even though Texas isn’t outbidding anyone.
If Texas wins a NC this year, it will be because they have 19 Super Blue chip players on the roster for the first time in 18 years, while Bama and GA are down in the 20’s, previously 30s, like Ohio State is now, for the first time in years. What happens when 9 of those 19 leave for the NFL after this season and another 8 leave next year. Getting constantly outbid isn’t going to make up those 17 super blue chip losses in two recruiting classes. This isn’t about just this year, it’s about program trajectory. The rules and refs are not going to come until it gets way out of hand. You want rules and regs, start paying $4M - $5M for super blue chips players.

I fully believe that the staff was turned off as you are reporting.

I’ll say it again. When a kid brings an entourage of 11 family members, including their wheelchair bound grandmother, that is an extremely strong statement. To me, it speaks to the maturity – or lack thereof — of the recruit, that he went for the $$$ and the sizzle.

Sark has emphasized that he wants players who want to come to Texas, and once that has been established, the NIL situation will take care of itself. He also understands the predictable disruption that will occur by overpaying one or two players, like a Dominic Williams or a Dakorien Moore. If ever there was a case study for the detrimental impact of overpaying for players, it would be TAM in 2022.

We are living through an unprecedented era in college sports. To my knowledge there has never been an organized sport that allows unrestricted free agency from the jump, and the ability for any player to leave any team at essentially any time. This environment is not sustainable, and I predict that it will change in the next couple of years. There has to be and there will be some level of control, and restrictions. Without it, the competitive game that we know and love will transform into something that few true fans really want.
It’s inevitable. The $ are going up like everything else. If universities are willing they cheat by paying to get the top players and risk serious sanctions, why would they not be willing to just pay them more money legally? The football generated revenue is too big to let your program struggle when you have the money to keep that from happening.

Deep Dive: Texas Roster Budget, Positions of Highest Value, CFB Salary Cap.

Really good discussion. It’s worth watching the whole thing, but if you don’t have the patience, start at the 12:30 mark…

Thats not what was said on local radio. I haven't heard our final offer but we matched then Oregon made their best offer of $1.25 mil and we refused to go there.

It was reported by Orangebloods that Texas went north of a million but if it'd been further reported Oregon still offered more then I don't doubt that.

I don't have a subscription to Rivals, but always was able to get some interesting info (such as the team rankings), but the website seems severely restricted now. Do you think they clamped down on freeloaders like me? :)

OTF mentioned that Texas Baseball is a factor here. In fact, they opined that he may never play football, opting for baseball instead. Likely a high baseball draft choice.

Yup I noted the MLB angle months ago when he looked all aggie. Would be nice to snag him.

Last edited:
Looks like Myron Charles may be back in play.
Some buzz that there are more flips coming.
Huge! Never count Sark out…

Bet Lanning and the O fans are on edge. Just a guess that the Dakorien Moore may be back in play, if we want him. I say that because if Moore were to flip back, that could change the mindset of Lockett and fFrench. Maybe Moore is not a cultural fit…

IMG_2539.jpeg

WR Kalik Lockett will announce on Wednesday at 1 p.m.

DJ Sanders to announcec on Thursday via social media during the evening/night

Recent Threads

Back