2024 Recruiting - Football

upload_2023-12-13_18-17-8.png

I retract my statement with total respect to all and an apology to those who were offended. If you weren't offended, then the apology is not for you.
Bud, if anyone was offended by your comment, then I feel they belong over at Texas Ags.
What I like here is honest differing opinions.
You made a point about an observation.

Hilarious situation to monitor with the Ags as Robinson is still their interim coach, but he's recruiting for Syracuse since he's their new DC.

I don't know if he's actually negatively recruiting A&M, but they're not happy at all about the arrangement knowing he was a big reason they landed top-tier recruits in recent years and he's leaving after the bowl.

They've realized they potentially let a fox in the hen house by naming him interim coach hoping it would sway him to stay in College Station, but he decided to move on anyway.

Hilarious situation to monitor with the Ags as Robinson is still their interim coach, but he's recruiting for Syracuse since he's their new DC.

I don't know if he's actually negatively recruiting A&M, but they're not happy at all about the arrangement knowing he was a big reason they landed top-tier recruits in recent years and he's leaving after the bowl.

They've realized they potentially let a fox in the hen house by naming him interim coach hoping it would sway him to stay in College Station, but he decided to move on anyway.
Aggy could forfeit their bowl game like they did 2 years ago.

I don't begrudge Murphy for wanting be in a better situation to prove his skills and get experience.
OTH, leaving at this moment when he may find himself quarterbacking in the playoffs is a missed opportunity for one and letting his teammates down for another I don't like at all.
If only the timing could be worked out to satisfy both. Apparently, it could not.
Well let's hope Ewers stays healthy.

I saw him play and saw Arch play this season. Murphy will get better as he gets more reps...and he isn't going to get them on a team with Ewers and Manning.
I agree. I certainly wish him the best. And I don’t blame him one bit. He could be a future nfl qb and he needs game reps. I really hope things work out for him. I hope he and Sark parted ways on a good note.

I don't begrudge Murphy for wanting be in a better situation to prove his skills and get experience.
OTH, leaving at this moment when he may find himself quarterbacking in the playoffs is a missed opportunity for one and letting his teammates down for another I don't like at all.
If only the timing could be worked out to satisfy both. Apparently, it could not.
Well let's hope Ewers stays healthy.
If Ewers gets hurt Arch is/was the only guy on the roster who has any realistic hope of keeping us in the game against Alabama or Michigan. He's a capable and willing runner and a accurate passer.

If Ewers gets hurt Arch is/was the only guy on the roster who has any realistic hope of keeping us in the game against Alabama or Michigan. He's a capable and willing runner and a accurate passer.
yes we know he can run but being an accurate passer is more complicated. Sure he could hit a guy in the chest 20 yards away if he is just standing there. But successful passing depends on the wr being at the right place at the right time. It's a timing thing that the two have to be on the same page. This takes working together which Arch really hasn't had a chance to do. But I am not going to fret. We won conference and made the playoffs, the rest is gravy.

Bud, if anyone was offended by your comment, then I feel they belong over at Texas Ags.
What I like here is honest differing opinions.
You made a point about an observation.

Thank you. Yes, it was an observation. People have different ways about themselves. I wasn't judging. Just wondering.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back