2024 MLB Draft--Thomas Round 2; LBJ Round 5; Witt Round 14

Just read this. With the Astros selecting Walker Janek in the first round, Sam Houston State the only D1 school in Texas with more than one 1st round MLB draft pick in the last four years.

Just read this. With the Astros selecting Walker Janek in the first round, Sam Houston State the only D1 school in Texas with more than one 1st round MLB draft pick in the last four years.
They have had some pretty good baseball teams off and on over the decades, even when not D1. I think I recall back in the 70s UT had 4 losses or so one year and 2 were to Sam.

Kyle DeGroat - Kansas City Royals - Round 14 Pick 407

He's got the decision to make. He'd probably go a lot higher and sign for a lot more $$$$ if he did 2-3 years in college.

A guy I work with is Peyton Powell's uncle through his wife and he just sent me this picture.

Guess he was picked up by the Blue Jay's.

1000006616.jpg

A guy I work with is Peyton Powell's uncle through his wife and he just sent me this picture.

Guess he was picked up by the Blue Jay's.

View attachment 10166

So happy for Peyton! My wife and his grandma became friends through this past season. She told us Peyton wasn't going to pursue pro baseball for personal reasons. My wife had passed along a couple friends contact info for job opportunities after graduation. So happy he's getting a chance to play on. They are such a nice family.

Recent Threads

Back