2024 MLB Draft--Thomas Round 2; LBJ Round 5; Witt Round 14

Zane Morehouse is drafted in the 14th Round by Cleveland. 428th pick overall.

Congrats to Morehouse.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

As a guy who throws North of 95 mph with a really good drop on his breaking ball, Cleveland may have gotten a real bargain.

Guillemette - to the Houston Astros!

Last pick of the 15th Round.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now he has a decision to make...

Tanner Witt gets picked by Baltimore in the 18th round. #541 pick overall. He was projected to go #76. Either he's going to be the highest paid 18th round draft pick we've ever seen, or he'll be back.

Tanner Witt gets picked by Baltimore in the 18th round. #541 pick overall. He was projected to go #76. Either he's going to be the highest paid 18th round draft pick we've ever seen, or he'll be back.
I am sorry, but there was no way Witt was going 276, much less 76. Hopefully he takes the hint and pitches Texas to Omaha in 2024.

I am sorry, but there was no way Witt was going 276, much less 76. Hopefully he takes the hint and pitches Texas to Omaha in 2024.
Internet rumors are that a team (Chi Sox maybe) was talking with Witt, saying they'd offer $2 million if they drafted him in the early rounds, and he wasn't interested. So he'll be back.

MLB teams have seen this story before. A superstar pitcher goes down with TJ surgery. It's a slow recovery, but after several years, he's a star pitcher again. He'll throw a couple of years in the minor leagues anyway, so some teams are willing to take the risk, and patiently work him up slowly through their farm system.

Tanner Witt once had "IT", and there's a good chance he'll get IT back. And pitchers who have IT are rarer than good seafood in Amarillo.

The game changes if Tanner Witt was a lifelong fan of, say the Tampa Bay Rays :lmao:. Then maybe he'd take a lot less $$$ to play for his beloved Rays.

(some guys do feel this way about the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, etc.)

Erik Kennedy. Congratulations and good luck!!

Congrats! Good news for EK!

It's a long way to the top, if you want to rock in the Major Leagues, but Kennedy's ridiculous speed and range in the OF give him a fighting chance to make it.

Lucas "Geno" Gordon to the White Sox!

I'd say that Geno has done more for our program than anyone, during the time when he was here. He had a great 2-year run starting on the mound. Big 12 pitcher of the year!

The commentator says he's likely heading to the White Sox's bullpen. I can't argue with that. I see him as a solid middle reliever in the Bigs. Although, if he reaches the peak of his ability, he could end up another Smoltz. Chicago Sox may have gotten themselves a bargain.

He seems like a guy that can go one time through the batting order effectively at the mlb level. Good for 2 innings every series. Valuable asset

The longer we go without hearing from Sthele and Morehouse, the more I begin to think they are going to do whatever they can to go on to the MLB. Wouldn't surprise me with Sthele but Morehouse seemed 50/50 we could get him back. Morehouse could come back and be a very high pick and make a lot of money for himself.

The longer we go without hearing from Sthele and Morehouse, the more I begin to think they are going to do whatever they can to go on to the MLB. Wouldn't surprise me with Sthele but Morehouse seemed 50/50 we could get him back. Morehouse could come back and be a very high pick and make a lot of money for himself.
KXAN reported Gordon and Sthele both signed

figured this was going to happen

Zane has a pretty fair shot at working his way up to the big leagues. High 90s fastball and a plus slider with a big drop.

During the OSU series, announcer Tom Holliday, was gushing on about how Morehouse had Major League stuff. Holliday played in the Major Leagues, coached pitching at various colleges, including UT, and now coaches Chatham in Cape Cod for his retirement gig. He was amazed at what he was seeing from Zane. He’s got a real shot to make it to the Bigs. The Indians may have gotten a real bargain.

I’ve always thought Zane had what it takes but was hoping he would come back one more year and fine tune it.

and he made it. Figured he would but of course I was here with popcorn just in case. Congratulations to DC for signing. And I think that’s everyone drafted. We know who we are getting back, now just need to see who makes it on campus from the freshman.

Recent Threads

Back