2024 GOP Primary

It was noted that this poll outfit had Biden winning these states in 2020:

Harris will lose 2 pts minimum after the debate, which according to the polls below, she loses every swing state except maybe MN.

That poll was before the DNC. It would be great to see polls with some Sept dates in them.

This is a more contemporary poll. Harris loses the election with these numbers.

Note Nate Silver is no longer with 538, now owned by ABC. While Nate at his new outfit over samples biased polls, 538 is taking it to extreme levels.

Ha mc. Just you wait. Kammie will do a great interview with her support mansplainer by her side
And then do brilliantly at debate offering succinct well thought out positions to save our country.
Just ask the media.

I suspect after the debate Trump will have regained the lead over Biden that he had pre-Biden debate, meaning Trump leads all the battleground states (except MN). Appears Trump is today safely ahead in NC, GA, AZ, and NV. He needs 2+ pts in PA to be safely ahead there, and to win close in MI and WI. Thus, I wonder if Dems go back to lawfare to save their ***.

To win the debate, obviously Trump absolutely can't be a name calling, interrupting jerk.
There are so many facts on his side, and with every problem we are facing, all he needs to do is stay calm and ask why she didn't do the things she was asked, or, come up with ideas to help fix things over the past years, as we all know.
The issue is, I just can't see Trump doing that. And bellowing at a female is a bad look. I have a feeling things could devolve in to attacks against each other, instead of attacks on policy.
And this may be his one shot to truly expose her ineptitude.

Also, they must allow NO notes. None. She was a prosecutor at one time, she campaigned for President. She should be able to make her case without them.
If she needs notes for a debate that she has been holed up and studying for, Trump needs to point out that she won't have notes while dealing with the leaders of other countries.

I don't understand why in these debates the Dems get to call all the shots. Trump needs to put the hammer down and get his way on a few things.
The thing that worries me is that Trump has been acting kind of crazy with some of his speeches, saying some strange things and talking for hours.
He must go back to "Biden debate Trump".
Republicans must win this Presidency, and it's sad that we have only had 3 months of silence, probably only one debate, and a double team interview for people to realize how inept Kamala and her weirdo VP pick are.

A few things. I believe it has been agreed to use the same rules as before: no notes and no interruptions. Harris wanted to do away with this but eventually conceded. Thus Trump is already winning before he opens his mouth. Second, about campaigning, Trump is doing a mix of rallies, commercials, and web podcasts. He needs to be more focused on his attacks on Harris for sure but it’s a good overall strategy I believe.

Note Fox is like the worst pollster out there. Add 5 points to Trump based on their 2020 accuracy:

This race could be over 15 minutes into the debate. Just need 2% points.

She was a prosecutor at one time

Uh oh. Hope I don't look dumb, but I used notes in the courtroom. I didn't read anything verbatim and certainly improvised and disregarded my notes at times, but I did have written lists of questions for witnesses and a written outline of keypoints to make when addressing both juries and judges.

Ha Ha! Nope.
I know lawyers use notes, but not in an opening statement or closing argument.
At my job I often gave presentations to large crowds, sometimes up to 1500 people, and I never used notes.

I didn't really practice that much. It comes naturally, and, I wasn't on the hot seat! I'm better at what my old manager called, "sawmill language". I knew what I wanted to get across, and I sound fake if I read notes. That's why I can't tell a joke to save my life. It has to be spontaneous.

So, much easier than remembering little details in a court case, then having to wait to ask about them, or, ask about them right then. Or, having a witness change their story or be combative.
I feel like Kamala should be able to predict and memorize the questions she knows are coming without notes, and Walz to hold her hand.
I couldn't tear myself away from his pulse pounding discussion about the importance of gutters!
I'm already incredibly tired of "homespun Tim" and how America loves him.

I would have loved to see you in a courtroom! Most of my friends are lawyers, and a few judges.
I would bet a lot of money that you won much more than your fair share of cases.

Ha Ha! Nope.
I know lawyers use notes, but not in an opening statement or closing argument.
At my job I often gave presentations to large crowds, sometimes up to 1500 people, and I never used notes.

I didn't really practice that much. It comes naturally, and, I wasn't on the hot seat! I'm better at what my old manager called, "sawmill language". I knew what I wanted to get across, and I sound fake if I read notes. That's why I can't tell a joke to save my life. It has to be spontaneous.

So, much easier than remembering little details in a court case, then having to wait to ask about them, or, ask about them right then. Or, having a witness change their story or be combative.
I feel like Kamala should be able to predict and memorize the questions she knows are coming without notes, and Walz to hold her hand.
I couldn't tear myself away from his pulse pounding discussion about the importance of gutters!
I'm already incredibly tired of "homespun Tim" and how America loves him.

I would have loved to see you in a courtroom! Most of my friends are lawyers, and a few judges.
I would bet a lot of money that you won much more than your fair share of cases.

I didn't use notes during opening and closing. It wasn't improvised. I did prepare and did write down what I planned to say, but it was more an exercise to help me remember it than notes to use while actually doing it. Since I wasn't working for the devil (lol), I also got I give a rebuttal argument. Though I can anticipate defense arguments, I could never know exactly how they'd frame every issue, so I did take some scribbled notes during their argument. I tried not to have to refer back to them, but if the other side spit out a lot of garbage to correct, I sometimes had to. Juries didn't seem to mind the occasional glance at the notes so long as I wasn't clearly reading to them.

I'll bet you are a good speaker and could handle the courtroom just fine if you had gone that way.

And you're right. It's pathetic that Harris can't handle debating without notes or even take questions without her running mate holding her hand. But even more pathetic is how little outrage or criticism it gets from our press. They're a joke.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back