2024 GOP Primary

Gee I remember most of those being exactly his focus which of course also included border control and oil/gas. If you listened to any of his campaign speeches he mentioned the day to day stuff of ordinary Americans
And to stop USA from getting screwed by even our allies.
When voters consider the state of their lives, food gas housing basic living from Trump years to now maybe THEIR day to day lives will mean more to them than his mean tweets

Folks, Trump is winning. All the smart folks know it. This whole Harris campaign is to energize the cat ladies so down ticket Dems don’t get blown out. Pelosi stepped in for Pelosi, not to save the White House.

Insider Advantage which apparently was the most accurate poller in 2020 has Trump +1 PA. Curious if Harris gets a bump this week. If not, not sure what Harris campaign will do between now and the debate. If I was her, I would prep 12 hours a day for 3 weeks.

Gee I remember most of those being exactly his focus which of course also included border control and oil/gas. If you listened to any of his campaign speeches he mentioned the day to day stuff of ordinary Americans
And to stop USA from getting screwed by even our allies.
When voters consider the state of their lives, food gas housing basic living from Trump years to now maybe THEIR day to day lives will mean more to them than his mean tweets

I remember border control and oil and gas. I also remember praising Switzerland's healthcare system. I remember telling people he was actually going to raise taxes on top earners. I also remember him being opposed to any kind of entitlement reform and embracing a protectionist trade policy. I remember spending levels going through the roof before and during Covid. Basically, our fiscal conservatism became a mockery and probably caused the inflation we now complain about. Yes, Biden made it worse, but by any fair assessment, we started the fire.

So commend the good things that happened on his watch, but let's not pretend he was some model of consistency or good, economically conservative governance. He wasn't, and a lot of the good came as a result of things others did, like the tax relief.

In short, Trump is flawed, like all politicians, and all men for that matter.

But he is obviously less flawed than the air-headed bimbo the Democrats are running against him.

Mr D
I admit you got me. I did not remember Trump saying he would raise taxes on top earners or praising Switzerland's health care. I remember him being against cutting SS or Medicare
Did his trade policy help American businesses?

Sangre explained it very well. Trump is flawed but life was better for very nearly all under his administration.

Last edited:
You may have noted that RFK, jr now hurts Trump more than he helps him in 5 way polling (typically 1% pt, but can be as high as 2% pts). This is because a lot of anti-Biden supporters who went to RFK, jr have now returned to Harris. This could be the difference in the election. Thus,

Trump within 3 points in VA. I suspect Harris will lose 2-3 points at least before Election Day. Going to be interesting.

Apparently this refers to FL primary, NOT the general election. Bizarre. Maybe their primary is today???

Mr D
I admit you got me. I did not remember Trump saying he would raise taxes on top earners or praising Switzerland's health care. I remember him being against cutting SS or Medicare
Did his trade policy help American businesses?

Sangre explained it very well. Trump is flawed but life was better for very nearly all under his administration.

I understand all that, and yes, things were better under him than under Biden. However, I don't want his presidency to become the long term model of Republican economic policy. We can't spend like we did even before COVID and can't continue kicking the can down the road on entitlements. They are already running deficits, and there are no signs of that getting anything but worse.

The reckoning is coming soon. It's just a matter of how we deal with it. Democrats will propose lifting the income cap on FICA, which would constitute an enormous tax hike, and of course, even that will only delay the collapse. It won't fix the long term problem. If the GOP follows the Trump model, we'll have nothing to offer, and Democrats will probably get their way simply by default. We need to have a real plan that addresses the program's long term problems, and we need smart advocates who can start building the case for it years in advance. People like MTG, Gaetz, or Boebert aren't gonna cut it. They're too dumb. Think what you will about guys like Jack Kemp or Paul Ryan. They were and are right about this, and we piss on them at our own peril.

I understand all that, and yes, things were better under him than under Biden. However, I don't want his presidency to become the long term model of Republican economic policy. We can't spend like we did even before COVID and can't continue kicking the can down the road on entitlements. They are already running deficits, and there are no signs of that getting anything but worse.

The reckoning is coming soon. It's just a matter of how we deal with it. Democrats will propose lifting the income cap on FICA, which would constitute an enormous tax hike, and of course, even that will only delay the collapse. It won't fix the long term problem. If the GOP follows the Trump model, we'll have nothing to offer, and Democrats will probably get their way simply by default. We need to have a real plan that addresses the program's long term problems, and we need smart advocates who can start building the case for it years in advance. People like MTG, Gaetz, or Boebert aren't gonna cut it. They're too dumb. Think what you will about guys like Jack Kemp or Paul Ryan. They were and are right about this, and we piss on them at our own peril.

Mr D
I understand and agree with much but for now we have to make sure Trump is elected. Period. Too bad the haters seem to hate Trump more than they like our country

Trump is a one of a kind. Not sure about JD yet but can hope he is more DeSantis like.

Come on D you gotta like mc vid in post 2118. That is something you would do.

Last edited:
This is a betting market. Of no importance except it has switched back to Trump as favorite. This was obvious development a week ago to anyone paying attention to the polls.

mc
Do you think all the different Demx cheating angles have been stopped enough? I don't. They are so open about much of it what are they hiding?

Do you think all the different Demx cheating angles have been stopped enough? I don't.
6721, I will not underestimate the ability of the Democrats to cheat - and to find new ways to do so. They are the political counterpart to ou football - they can always create new ways to cheat.

Again this is betting market:

I wonder if folks realize it’s all down hill after the DNC.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back