2024 GOP Primary

Mona?
Since there are many Americans living out of USA but are still citizens I don't understand what you are saying.

They are all being taxed as if they lived inside of the US. That is my point.

Every other country on the planet does not tax you if you move to another country and retain citizen ship in the "old country".

Plenty of expats live happily outside the USA, still collect SS, and maintain citizenship. I'm not sure what Monahorns is referencing either.

Yes. That doesn't contradict what I said. In fact the one place an American can move to and not be taxed is Puerto Rico. You can remain a US citizenship, move to a Caribbean Island and not pay federal tax.

However that is not the case if you move anywhere else, maybe there is one or two more exceptions to that rule.

If you try to escape taxation by renouncing your US citizen you will be taxed one last time to extract as much wealth as they can from you. I don't know the details but have heard it is expensive.

They are all being taxed as if they lived inside of the US. That is my point.

Every other country on the planet does not tax you if you move to another country and retain citizen ship in the "old country".
They're not being taxed as though they "live" in the US, they are being taxed as though their income is being derived in the US....which it likely is/was. That seems right/correct/valid to me. There are vastly superior opportunities in the US to earn and then protect your money, rights, property etc. That system gives great benefit to US citizens. In my opinion, it is just/fair that they pay ongoing income tax in the place that they are earning that income. Although less obvious, (and warrants nuance) I think it is also fair that the wealth created over a lifetime of living/working in the US be treated as though it is still in the US.

If Mrs. Sangre and I can go live in Ecuador (and I have looked into it), and we can live pretty comfortably on $25K per year, and can live VERY comfortably on $45K per year... with all things considered the notion of paying taxes on our retirement account withdrawals (which have grown tax-free, mind you, on the agreement that taxes would be paid upon withdrawal) and our SS income is not a notion about which I am going to get all worked up.

They're not being taxed as though they "live" in the US, they are being taxed as though their income is being derived in the US....which it likely is/was. That seems right/correct/valid to me. There are vastly superior opportunities in the US to earn and then protect your money, rights, property etc. That system gives great benefit to US citizens. In my opinion, it is just/fair that they pay ongoing income tax in the place that they are earning that income. Although less obvious, (and warrants nuance) I think it is also fair that the wealth created over a lifetime of living/working in the US be treated as though it is still in the US.

But that isn't what I am talking about. It doesn't matter who is paying you, you pay the US government in taxes.

You give good reasons to stay in the US, but those are immaterial to what I am saying. The reality is that the US government has a much more dragonian tax policy than other countries regarding those who live outside the geographical borders.

If Mrs. Sangre and I can go live in Ecuador (and I have looked into it), and we can live pretty comfortably on $25K per year, and can live VERY comfortably on $45K per year... with all things considered the notion of paying taxes on our retirement account withdrawals (which have grown tax-free, mind you, on the agreement that taxes would be paid upon withdrawal) and our SS income is not a notion about which I am going to get all worked up.

This is why I can't ever be a normal conservative. Taxes are theft and should be treated as such. We have to live in the real world where taxes aren't going away, and make our decisions accordingly. However, that doesn't mean taxes are ethical or morally legitimate. They are illegitimate in that they are taken by force and we subjects don't get the chance to agree to the amount.

That case is bs. Trump claimed his properties were wrth xxxx. The lenders have an obligation to verify. Or they could decide the value was xx. And then loan him the money. That is not fraud but customary business practice

and I detest Bonespurs. But this case is bs

I wonder if quitclaims are a Thang in NY?

Djt could have quit claimed the properties to a trusted person(s), then after he wins appeal quit claim them back.

Had to be done prior to trial I'm sure.

I wonder if quitclaims are a Thang in NY?

Djt could have quit claimed the properties to a trusted person(s), then after he wins appeal quit claim them back.

Had to be done prior to trial I'm sure.
That is called a fraudulent transfer and is easily cured by the party with a judgment

Trafalgar has Trump +3 in 5-way race. This race is over unless the CIA kills Trump. If Dems cheat, it will be too obvious. Trump dying would be less obvious.

One thing I learned from the Cleveland Indians/Washington Redskins controversy is that minorites don't decide what's racist. White liberals do.

Remember when FedEx, the company with the naming rights to the stadium, said they would drop their name from the stadium and payments to the NFL if Washington didn't drop the Redskins name? Well, they opted out early anyways! Just $15M in revenue to look for now. I'm sure those Commanders shirts are selling like hot cakes.

FedEx Field No More: Commanders Home Stadium to Be Renamed - Washingtonian

Then more bizarre, either MLB or the Cleveland baseball team is blocking the usage of the name Indians in historical contexts. Here's an article I read yesterday:

"The Astros became the seventh franchise in MLB history to have at least three consecutive seasons with a no-hitter, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. The Giants (2012-15) and Dodgers (1962-65) each did so in four straight years, while the Astros tied the Angels (1973-75), Orioles (1967-69), Red Sox (1916-18) and Cleveland (1946-48) by doing it thrice consecutively."

Nice list of team names then Cleveland. This isn't the first time I've noticed it like that or incorrectly referring to a Cleveland baseball team as the Guardians in a season before the name change.

9 fun facts about Ronel Blanco's no-hitter

Trump +13 over Biden in FL. Biden campaign would be brain dead to spend one day there.

Back