2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

it's almost hilarious all these QBs swapping teams. I wonder if each QB is just trying to get more NIL money either by getting more money from another team or getting more money from the same team by threatening to leave.
They have to be careful though the team they have been playing for may not renew their scholarship if they change their mind and want to stay.
Isn't that what coaches do? And I'm not making a judgement on either...just a comparison...

Surely you jest. Do you have a list of coaches believed to have or are rumored to have done that?

I'll check back with you next Monday to see if you are through typing.

by
Good questions. Going to be an interesting off season.
Think the NCAA will try to define and set limits on the Portal?

I have a feeling they will be heavily lobbied to limit the transfers, if not already. But a free market is a free market. The NIL arrangements should have some teeth to them, but as soon as a player gets sued for violating the agreement, then the players enablers will scream bloody murder. There will be cries of abuse or [fill in the blank].

Duke:arrow-up:
That is from July 23 so it is pretty current. And seems pretty comprehensive although I think I see some inconsistencies.
Hopefully they will bring it back up. It is a start and will likely have some changes

Speaking of NIL, here’s a crazy idea…or not.

What would happen if Texas, Ohio state, and perhaps Alabama — or let’s exclude Texas — got together and figured out a way through some “compliant approach” to offer each Louisville player $10,000 via some type of NIL arrangement that, arbitrarily, “may or may not kick in until after December 2nd.”

Nuts? Are there any existing rules to prevent this from happening? Talk about testing the rules and exposing the hypocrisy.

IT reporting Sark is supposed to start doing exit interviews on Monday, and he'll likely meet with those thinking of transferring first.

A source listed a number of guys who should end up leaving, but don't expect them to hit the portal until later on if Texas makes the playoff.

Sure a lot of teams going to be hurting in their bowl games. Bowl season losing any luster even before the 12 team playoff next year.

As a college QB, you have to think about playing time and exposure to NFL scouts. Whatever decision these men make, I will support. While I hope they stay at UT, I will support their decision.

Many of us in business have had to make that decision. For me, "Is Microsoft the way to go?", I left. Still love the company, just was not a good fit. Company was "woke" before I ever heard the term.
25 years with Cummins and the policy changes were the same.i entered the portal Nov 8, 2022. Miss the few teammates that stayed, don't miss the organization.

Folks-
Enough.
Lets start a new thread that lists the college QUARTERBACKS only that are staying with their team.
It will be a greatly reduced scroll.

I know I’m going to get the number wrong but someone said that players left stranded in the portal is something like 60-70%.
foot-caught-in-revolving-door-ouch.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back