2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Wow. I'm really blown away at these transfers. It has to be the money. Maybe they're wanting to grab it before someone takes it away (legislation or whatever). Or maybe, Day and/or Venables have lost their luster?

hmmm, every good program will have a good QB due to either recruiting or the transfer portal.
Many QBs from lesser programs who have good stats and experience will want to get to better programs with better NIL money. So in the end it should be harder to beat opponents. What happened to FSU down to a QB, with not much talent, will be more of a rarity. (or perhaps he just needed more experience)
I have always been a big proponent of getting the 2nd string QB quality game experience, somehow. We all know that injuries happen, especially when the starting QB is doing his best to make a play. It's an on-going issue not easily solved. (go CFP horns!)

Last edited:
Would it be easier to list who is NOT in the portal

Portal + NIL = death of college football

You want out?

1) Give back ALL NIL benefits

2) No new NIL benefits for first year after portal

3) No return to original school

OK, so who cares if Kilgore JC wins the P5 National Championship? They did it on other people's money.

Would it be easier to list who is NOT in the portal

Portal + NIL = death of college football

You want out?

1) Give back ALL NIL benefits

2) No new NIL benefits for first year after portal

3) No return to original school

OK, so who cares if Kilgore JC wins the P5 National Championship? They did it on other people's money.
I'm not sure I agree, but at a minimum I would except out students who earn a degree with eligibility left and want to go elsewhere for a graduate degree.

Below are the A&M players that Hamilton at IT says he's watching:

Shemar Stewart
Fadil Diggs (NFL possible)
Evan Stewart
Jacoby Matthews
Noah Thomas
Tyreek Chappell
Moose Muhammad II
Le'veon Moss

With those already bolted and de commits it really would gut this team.
Gotta feel sorry for em......meh not really.

In my tiny mind this looks ridiculous. I suspect our surprise (s) are coming but some of these can only be explained with $$ motives. Well unless there’s some background noise of which we are ignorant this is crazy.

Only issue with this is that there are some grumblings that he may follow Lebby.
I think it's more to do with the fact that Lebby isn't at OU rather than where Lebby is going. Mississippi State is, if we're being honest, a step down from OU. I doubt Gabriel is going there; they couldn't put up the NIL $ that he would command.

This is, of course, nothing but pure speculation on my part.

[And I just noticed you may have been talking about Jackson Arnold following Lebby - not Gabriel. In any event, I think my analysis above is sound given that its purely speculative.]

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back