2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Per 247, multiple members of the staff are expected to visit with Houston WR Matthew Golden at some point today while they're on the road recruiting.

Several schools are pushing for him, and while he's expected to visit Louisville this weekend, there is some talk that Texas may be able to keep him from doing so.

Guess I’m disappointed that he won’t be with the team. I sort of get it, but not really. If a major program wants him — and certainly many will — I would like to think that they would’ve waited until potentially January 9th.

His decision is almost certainly with Sark’s blessings. What happens next will be fun to watch. He’s going to have a healthy payday.

We lost a QB the last time we competed for the trophy. Sure wish we had two backups available…

Yikes. I hope Quinn stays healthy. Also if Quinn has a great playoff run and decides to turn pro then we are all in on Arch.

My hunch is there is more going on than just Murphy leaving, Ewers stays for better draft positioning and another year to grow his game.

I hate this. Maalik is and always will be a Longhorn But he also has to do what is best for him.
Best of Luck Maalik.:hookem: Any school will be lucky to have you.

Guess I’m disappointed that he won’t be with the team. I sort of get it, but not really. If a major program wants him — and certainly many will — I would like to think that they would’ve waited until potentially January 9th.

His decision is almost certainly with Sark’s blessings. What happens next will be fun to watch. He’s going to have a healthy payday.

We lost a QB the last time we competed for the trophy. Sure wish we had two backups available…

Sounds like he already has a new team picked out, and the new team wants to get him involved ASAP.

OU has no players left from their projected starting offensive line for next season.

All 5 of their starters are gone. Portal, graduation and early to the league. Plus the lost to the portal a hughly rated freshman.

Last edited:
The replacements have all off season to perfect their holding technique.
Those replacements might be the little sisters of the nun covenant at this rate of loss. lol

On another note, best of luck to Maalik. I was really proud of how he handled his time on the forty acres.
My guess is he is headed to the couch burners.

Nolen is chasing money so it's hard for me to believe he cares that much about fans knowing where he visits.

Texas makes a ton of sense for him, but not sure that's his priority.
All of these guys are chasing money, which is why Maalik is bailing on the team during the playoffs. Ewers is sort of fragile, which has been proven every season. So we really needed Maalik - as much as anyone on the team really - to ensure that we could possibly continue to win if Ewers goes down. What bothers me the most though, is the nonsense about the work they’ve put together as a team and hating to leave that. If you hate leaving so much then just wait four weeks. Ohio State will wait for you.

Recent Threads

Back