2023-2024 Season

I think Booker has a great chance of being named a starter at the beginning of the season. Her physique and natural strength will really help her; but, she is going to have to be aware of being too physical and getting called for offensive fouls.

She looks to have a great mid-range shooting touch; we need that skill as we all know we will be facing countless zone defenses all season long.
I agree but at Texas I want her to take 10-12 shots a game! Especially in big 12 play. Her jumper is so smooth and what Texas needed last year was someone who could knock down the baseline and free throw line jumper like Warren did for us. Booker will be that person and it’s going to give us so much more to work with against a zone.

I agree but at Texas I want her to take 10-12 shots a game! Especially in big 12 play. Her jumper is so smooth and what Texas needed last year was someone who could knock down the baseline and free throw line jumper like Warren did for us. Booker will be that person and it’s going to give us so much more to work with against a zone.
Add Booker's floor vision and passing abilities to that equation and she makes us MUCH better from the perimeter. And that's not even mentioning her ability to attack off the bounce. Can't wait for the season to start!

It's good to see Moore and Codio participating in so many strength and conditioning drills this summer.

Moore had her surgery in January. So, I don't expect her to play until December at the earliest. But, maybe she'll surprise and be cleared earlier. With our home game against UConn scheduled for December 3rd, fingers crossed that she'll be able to play, even if her minutes are limited.

Can't get a feel for where Codio stands with her rehab; seems like she's had multiple injuries. Her long-time health might preclude from playing this season, or perhaps not until Big 12 play is underway. I have had high hopes for her as I think she could give us more outside shooting. Guess we'll see.

Last edited:
I’m up can’t sleep so I decided to fill my brain with wbb to relax so I can sleep. The Big IS NOT GOING TO BE A CAKE WALK. Baylor is back along with Kansas returned 4of 5 starters . Yes Kstate and ISU are ????’s but can be formidable. Okie state she signed a whole rotation out of the portal to go along with the best shooter in the conf in Garzon, like a whole 9 good solid players. TCU as well has flipped the bad into something you cannot pencil in a win and his style of play is fast he was responsible for the offense when Oregon had Sabrina and Sabally etc… Last BYU always is a solid group and U of H is another he went and got pieces that fit his in your face defensive style from the portal and his 2 best players both used they super senior year. If I’m up I know Vic is up looking and scheming cause yea it’s going to be a show this year in the big 12 mark my words. The conference as whole will not be down as it was. O and WVU new coach from sFA is no joke he made SFA better after Schneider left for Kansas so now we had the last 2 sFA coaches in our conference. I’m shook a lil to be honest we could end up anywhere from 1st- 5th seed in big12 tourney.

I’m up can’t sleep so I decided to fill my brain with wbb to relax so I can sleep. The Big IS NOT GOING TO BE A CAKE WALK. Baylor is back along with Kansas returned 4of 5 starters . Yes Kstate and ISU are ????’s but can be formidable. Okie state she signed a whole rotation out of the portal to go along with the best shooter in the conf in Garzon, like a whole 9 good solid players. TCU as well has flipped the bad into something you cannot pencil in a win and his style of play is fast he was responsible for the offense when Oregon had Sabrina and Sabally etc… Last BYU always is a solid group and U of H is another he went and got pieces that fit his in your face defensive style from the portal and his 2 best players both used they super senior year. If I’m up I know Vic is up looking and scheming cause yea it’s going to be a show this year in the big 12 mark my words. The conference as whole will not be down as it was. O and WVU new coach from sFA is no joke he made SFA better after Schneider left for Kansas so now we had the last 2 sFA coaches in our conference. I’m shook a lil to be honest we could end up anywhere from 1st- 5th seed in big12 tourney.
You make good points, but I still say the race for the Big 12 title will take place up and down that 99.7 miles of road along I-35.

I like your analysis, but I can't help thinking that predictive things like this are contemplated every single preseason, and every single year injuries happen (sadly) and are factors in fouling up every prediction. Nobody considers injuries because no fan wants to think about one of their favorite players being out for the season with an ACL or an Achilles, etc., let alone incorporating that kind of a gruesome prediction into their season projections. How does one theoretically factor in that kind of thing? Look at last season alone.

Where is Texas if Rori, Taylor, and AMo aren't hurt? I'd say at least three more wins and a few seeds higher in the tourney. Better seeding, and we probably hit the Elite 8 again, or better.

What about Iowa State? How much different would they have been with a healthy Soares? And KSU with Lee?

I could go on, but those three examples serve to bolster my point. Yes, we could be 1st - 5th seed in the conference tourney. If the injury bug bites again, we could be even lower. If it moves on to other programs, pencil us in for the higher end of your range.

Let's all hope we get a nation-wide miracle season, and every single player on every team suffers no more than expected bumps and bruises. It ain't gonna' happen, but it's the best thing a fan of the game can wish for.

You make good points, but I still say the race for the Big 12 title will take place up and down that 99.7 miles of road along I-35.
To expound a bit, I am not one to overlook any opponent ever! There are some hella coaches in the B12 that's for sure... I've said that repeatedly over the years. My prediction is based on my trust in Vic's ability to get the most out of his players, and for that to tip the scales favorably for us. Of course, as @Sangre Naranjada mentioned, everything is also dependent on maintaining a healthy roster.

Not a lot respect for the Horns going into the 23-24 season! Ranked #20 is a little bit of a surprise but we didn’t make it out of the round of 32 last year! We have a lot to prove and Baylor is going to be tough this year!
With all the returning players, that's a really low rank. Some of that is due to striking out in the portal. But I guess I'd rather start at 20 and finish in the top 10, than start in the top 5 and finish like we did last year.

Vic Schaefer is the most classy Coach in the Business! He knows how to sell his program!! Sure glad he is OUR Coach!!

First season presser is early this year. Probably meant to coincide with the UCONN announcement to make sure its well promoted and attended.

Went to buy my parking pass and there was a pop-up that said, "In order to park at the Manor garage, you need to contribute $200 to the Women's Basketball fund". Hmmmm, wait. I already increased my Foundation contribution this year. So I go ahead and ignore it and try to buy a parking pass. And then it says my final bill will be $200 (donation) + $125 (parking) = $325 for the right to park next door to Moody.

I sent a complaint to CDC. He called me. We had a short talk, he started going into the whole "Well, unfortunately, I don't own parking...." and then when I pointed out the fact that Manor turns away those who don't have a parking pass, even though people are willing to pay on game day, he got confused and said he'd get back to me...which he forgot to.

Oh well, now I'll have to figure out parking each game day.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back