2023-2024 Season

Oh, I agree you guys do a lot of leg work tracking down what certain athletic teenagers are doing, thinking, and saying. And you're kind to share the info here and elsewhere. And I know 100% that y'all are totally above board, but come on. There comes a point where the ick factor kicks in, and that goes for all college sports, on both the men and women's side of things.

Oh, I agree you guys do a lot of leg work tracking down what certain athletic teenagers are doing, thinking, and saying. And you're kind to share the info here and elsewhere. And I know 100% that y'all are totally above board, but come on. There comes a point where the ick factor kicks in, and that goes for all college sports, on both the men and women's side of things.
You’re on a message board. That’s exactly what happens on these platforms. Most of us are giving info that others aren’t able to because like I said coverage is non existent for our team. I honestly don’t know what to tell you. If it’s such an “ick factor” you don’t have to be on here. Nobody is forcing you to come on here and read the pages. I promise you we wouldn’t notice if you left. I hate to get so negative but your so called “jabs” are so uncalled for and not needed. Take that somewhere else. You sure don’t complain when you get helpful information pertaining to the team.

My main complaint about social media sleuths right now is they seem to be on summer vacation! My best guess about Blair’s posts is that the people she means to know “know.” Now for you sleuths, I have not seen one thing to tell me where the coaches have been and who they are watching.

She looked really good until she went down awkwardly (foot/ankle) with 1:34 left in the 3rd quarter and didn’t re-enter. Hopefully they were just being cautious with her.
More worrying? She was in a boot during warmups (no crutches) and hasn’t gotten into today’s game against Germany at all.:(

It sucks because you don’t want to take away the experience for her but if I’m Vic I’m telling her to shut it down no matter the significance of the injury. If it requires a boot then it has some level of significance. We absolutely don’t want a Sedona pt.2 especially when team USA is going to blow out everyone they play. Not worth the risk at all.

It sucks because you don’t want to take away the experience for her but if I’m Vic I’m telling her to shut it down no matter the significance of the injury. If it requires a boot then it has some level of significance. We absolutely don’t want a Sedona pt.2 especially when team USA is going to blow out everyone they play. Not worth the risk at all.
Agreed. She needs to be done playing for USA for the time being. Glad she's not on crutches at least.

Agreed. She needs to be done playing for USA for the time being. Glad she's not on crutches at least.
Looks like Booked played 3+ minutes today. Hopefully that was just a light test run to see if she'll be available in later games, and not indicative of further injury.

Looks like Booked played 3+ minutes today. Hopefully that was just a light test run to see if she'll be available in later games, and not indicative of further injury.
She came in with about 6 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and was moving really well, very active but came down awkwardly again on the same ankle about 3 minutes later. :mad:

She came in with about 6 minutes to go in the 1st quarter and was moving really well, very active but came down awkwardly again on the same ankle about 3 minutes later. :mad:

Gotdammit that's why she doesn't need to be playing anymore in this event! She is going to be heavily depended on in her freshman season.

Interesting that none of the new entrants to the conference get home-and-home with UT.
I wouldn't have expected them to. Surprised we didn't get sent to Ames, IA one last time.

On the men's side, new entrant UofH gets Texas twice; that surprises me as TCU only plays us once.

Noticed from Blair's IG story earlier this week that Vic and wife are hanging out in Spain watching Madi. Now this confirms it:

I feel better knowing he's there and can see the situation first hand. Madi played today's game and had 14 pts 6 reb and 4 ast in 16+ minutes.

Last edited:
Can't wait to hear coach's first off-season summer presser. There has been a lot less chatter as compared to last season. Last season he was kinda talking about transitioning from being a top 20/25 program to a top 5/10 program. I wonder if in pre-season rankings they will be a top 15 program.

Some of the main questions I wonder are what are his expectations for this team and in particular Rori, and the transfers that came in last year. Taylor Jones was a bit up and down but she averaged 2.3 blocks a game and was second on the team in rebounding when playing less than 20 minutes a game. I was thinking there are not a lot of physical bigs in basketball, but ironically the conference has a couple of really good ones in Ayoka Lee and Jackson at Kansas. What is the next step for Jones?

Similalrly Shaylee started the season slow, because of a variety of reasons but then at times played really well. She probably has pro aspirations, whether it be in the W or overseas. What does Schaefer need from her next season.

Then I worry about the teams lack of outside shooting. Though, it appears that some of the first year players are very good offensively. Additionally, I think Amina and Jak fought for playing time last year, and it would be great if both good opportunities. That's the big question I have for the team, and even as a fan, what should everyone's role be. I think it was kinda confusing last year.

Can't wait to hear coach's first off-season summer presser. There has been a lot less chatter as compared to last season. Last season he was kinda talking about transitioning from being a top 20/25 program to a top 5/10 program. I wonder if in pre-season rankings they will be a top 15 program.

Some of the main questions I wonder are what are his expectations for this team and in particular Rori, and the transfers that came in last year. Taylor Jones was a bit up and down but she averaged 2.3 blocks a game and was second on the team in rebounding when playing less than 20 minutes a game. I was thinking there are not a lot of physical bigs in basketball, but ironically the conference has a couple of really good ones in Ayoka Lee and Jackson at Kansas. What is the next step for Jones?

Similalrly Shaylee started the season slow, because of a variety of reasons but then at times played really well. She probably has pro aspirations, whether it be in the W or overseas. What does Schaefer need from her next season.

Then I worry about the teams lack of outside shooting. Though, it appears that some of the first year players are very good offensively. Additionally, I think Amina and Jak fought for playing time last year, and it would be great if both good opportunities. That's the big question I have for the team, and even as a fan, what should everyone's role be. I think it was kinda confusing last year.
I’ve seen them ranked anywhere from 18 to not ranked in a couple different publications. Like you stated, they will need to shoot the ball well outside to be good. I imagine good teams will clog the paint on them. Really excited to see Booker play. Feel she’s got the talent to be FOY nationally.

Really excited to see Booker play. Feel she’s got the talent to be FOY nationally.
I'm told (by a UConn megafan) word on the street in Storrs is that Madison Booker was at the very top of Geno's wishlist for the class of 2023.
Glad we got her... check these two highlight clips out!

I think Booker has a great chance of being named a starter at the beginning of the season. Her physique and natural strength will really help her; but, she is going to have to be aware of being too physical and getting called for offensive fouls.

She looks to have a great mid-range shooting touch; we need that skill as we all know we will be facing countless zone defenses all season long.

A quote from Vic about Madi from the AAS today:

"She's a great team basketball player," Schaefer said. "I think that's probably one of the reasons why USA Basketball likes her so much, because she does play that way. She's not a person that needs to take 10, 12 shots a game."

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back