2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Interesting take
23aecFaW.png

Rasmussen embraces Stalin to encourage Pence to swing the election for Trump. :lmao:

I'd be shocked and horrified if Pence tries this. Rasmussen can call it "plenary and unappealable," but lawsuits would immediately start flying if he tried it. Would SCOTUS really read the Constitution to give the VP absolute power on this? I can't imagine that. As nutty as the Texas lawsuit was, this would be even nuttier.

I'd be shocked and horrified if Pence tries this. Rasmussen can call it "plenary and unappealable," but lawsuits would immediately start flying if he tried it. Would SCOTUS really read the Constitution to give the VP absolute power on this? I can't imagine that. As nutty as the Texas lawsuit was, this would be even nuttier.

It's all crazy. I'm not surprised at any of the ideas anymore. Just so thankful that Mr. "I like to lie to the FBI and support Martial Law" Michael Flynn never became Director of National Security and that as crazy as some were within the Trump Admin, there were even more insane supporters on the outside (Guiliani, Powell, Lin Wood).

It's all crazy. I'm not surprised at any of the ideas anymore. Just so thankful that Mr. "I like to lie to the FBI and support Martial Law" Michael Flynn never became Director of National Security and that as crazy as some were within the Trump Admin, there were even more insane supporters on the outside (Guiliani, Powell, Lin Wood).

What bugs me is that when these idiots come up with these goofy ideas, they up the ante and encourage "hold-my-beering" on being stupid and anyone who doesn't go along will be labeled a disloyal "cuck." What if Pence decides to just carry out his duty like a normal VP would? After all, even a VP who suspects fraud likely wouldn't view it as his place to be the sole judge of the issue. Now that Rasmussen has thrown this out there, if Pence doesn't do it, at least some Trump people will crap on him.

Before anyone endorses this, what if Al Gore had pulled this in 2000? He lost Florida by 537 votes with plenty of ballots cast with ambiguous intentions. If anyone had a case for tossing out a state's electoral votes, it would have been him. But we would have justifiability crapped our pants if he had. Nixon had more basis than Trump does, but he didn't consider this on the menu.

MrD
I know you are not comparing one state's vote in question in 2000 to all the state's votes in question now.
You don't think Trump has basis? Have you been paying attention?

MrD
I know you are not comparing one state's vote in question in 2000 to all the state's votes in question now.
You don't think Trump has basis? Have you been paying attention?

Well, there is no comparison. In 2000, we were talking about fewer than 600 votes in one state with many ballots with ambiguous intentions. That was decisive. There was far more reason to doubt the accuracy of that result.

MrD
for instance have you looked at the video from state farm arena?
No one as explained why suitcases of ballots were brought out after everone was sent home and why ballots from those suitcases were counted over and over/
has there been any explanation for all those states halting counted with Trump ahead with big numbers only to resume middle of the night counting with NO observsers and Biden got 98% of those votes?
did you look at the evidence and testimony offered by respected attorneys before the Ga Senate Committiee?
So Dominion says the election machines can't be linked to internet yet someone on camera in front of the Ga commitee did it. An expert Colbeck saw them on line in Wayne County on election day.

Did you look at Pa? Mich? Az?
Hundreds of thousands of votes in contention.
It would be a great loss for our country if all the crap was allowed to stand.
It is sad when TDS colors one's thinking

She didn't motivate anyone in the primaries. Not sure I can run with the above

A few things to keep in mind. First, the primaries took place before the George Floyd protests. I'm not saying Harris would have won had they not, but would she have been more able to play the race card and certainly do better? Absolutely.

Second, I think you can motivate the base and still do poorly in a primary. Doing poorly in a primary only means that voters preferred some other choice for some reason, not that they thought badly of you. I think primary voters first and foremost wanted a candidate who would take back the swing states. That's why Biden won, despite the fact that he didn't particularly motivate the base.

Second, by "motivate the base," I don't mean ethnic minorites. I mean white liberals who (again, especially after the Floyd protests) wanted a way to signal their solidarity and sorta atone. I'm talking about the people who buy Robin D'Angelo's book. It's going to motivate them a lot to superficially look at a candidate's skin color and vote for a black woman.

I think Biden's promise to choose a black female running mate was designed largely for that purpose as well as to blunt Trump's outreach to black voters (though I think Harris did little on that front). What were his options among Democratic political figures? Most black women Democratic officeholders are in the Congressional Black Caucus. Well, they're a bunch of crackpots who routinely say goofy things and have terrible voting records. No way would the party put any of them on the ticket.

But who's left? Susan Rice? She got caught repeatedly lying about Benghazi. That won't look good. A few big city mayors like Keisha Bottoms or Lori Lightfoot? Like CBC members, they say nutty things (though less so) but also attract controversy on local issues like crime and corruption and often lack a national profile. That leaves Stacy Abrams and Willie Brown's ex-mistress.

Well this may seem harsh, but Abrams is far less attractive and is more combative. Would Willie Brown have nailed Abrams? Hell no. Harris is relatively attractive and more likeable, and remember what Biden thinks of black politicians. He thinks they should be (his words) "clean, articulate, and nice-looking." Harris fits that much more than Abrams and frankly more than other black female candidates.

I think it's also important to put things into perspective. The person who really motivated the progressive base wasn't Biden or Harris. It was Trump.

MrD
for instance have you looked at the video from state farm arena?
No one as explained why suitcases of ballots were brought out after everone was sent home and why ballots from those suitcases were counted over and over/
has there been any explanation for all those states halting counted with Trump ahead with big numbers only to resume middle of the night counting with NO observsers and Biden got 98% of those votes?
did you look at the evidence and testimony offered by respected attorneys before the Ga Senate Committiee?
So Dominion says the election machines can't be linked to internet yet someone on camera in front of the Ga commitee did it. An expert Colbeck saw them on line in Wayne County on election day.

Did you look at Pa? Mich? Az?
Hundreds of thousands of votes in contention.
It would be a great loss for our country if all the crap was allowed to stand.
It is sad when TDS colors one's thinking

I've seen pretty much everything you've cited explained including the State Farm Arena counting. Again, if this stuff is so nefarious, why aren't Republican officials in these states (which are many) pursuing anything? Why isn't DoJ (which Trump and his AG can order) pursuing anything?

And of course, this effort has zero chance of succeeding. Congress isn't going to reject anybody's electoral votes. The most likely impact (if any) will be Jeremiah Wright and Beto, Jr. getting elected to the Senate and Chuck Schumer becoming the Majority Leader.

I guess Tom Cotton is a sellout now. Link. He only fought terrorists in a Iraq. Only guys who try to get Congress to toss out electoral votes to please Trump have real courage.

Last edited:
I think with the attack on Cotton, his bullying hour long call to the Georgia Secretary of state followed by a lie filled tweet may have given Trump his Joe McCarthy moment.

I think some day in the future, Dominion Machines are just going to start electing whoever they want. Maybe a robot in the Senate

But I guess you can argue elected Dems are already robots, so nothing would actually change

Fun Fact: Trump did better in areas using Dominion Voting Machines than other places.
Fun Fact: Trump would have done even better in those places had actual votes been counted instead of calculated by an algorithm. Another Fun Fact: Several Dominion Voting Machines did not give the same number for the election, recount, and 2nd recount. How can that be?

I think with the attack on Cotton, his bullying hour long call to the Georgia Secretary of state followed by a lie filled tweet may have given Trump his Joe McCarthy moment.

I'm pleasantly surprised with Cotton. I really didn't think he'd one to break with Trump after four years of largely being on his side. He either (1) actually cares about state control of elections, (2) fears setting a terrible precedent that Republicans would regret in about 5 minutes, or (3) knows how to count and therefore knows that Democrats control the House and won't vote to toss out Biden electors no matter what. Maybe all three.

Either way, it's really fuckin' stupid to risk control of the US Senate on this.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back