2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

From the Orlando Sentinel: We apologize for endorsing U.S. Rep. Michael Waltz, who wants to overturn the election | Editorial

We had no idea, had no way of knowing at the time, that Waltz was not committed to democracy.

During our endorsement interview with the incumbent congressman, we didn’t think to ask, “Would you support an effort to throw out the votes of tens of millions of Americans in four states in order to overturn a presidential election and hand it to the person who lost, Donald Trump?” Our bad.

LMAO! Emphasis is mine.

Texas GOP chairman - "Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution.”

Eo_tom6W8AApprG

Texas probably should leave, but not because of this procedural ruling. If Texas did vote to leave, I would stay with Texas

GOP lost the lawsuits before the election due to Dem judges. WSJ says the only mechanism to stop this from happening again is for the state legislature to impeach the state judges.

Last edited:
I don't know what happened really.

But the decisions by the courts up to the Supreme Court seems like when referees in basketball or football allow a gross foul or penalty at the end of the game because they don't want to be seen as deciding the game.

Of course they are responsible by deciding not to make a ruling. Not making a ruling is making a ruling.

I was going fishing, but think I’ll go to the range instead tomorrow. Still trying to get my new 6.5 Creedmoor dialed in. 300 yard range, then later I’ll go for 600.

I don't know what happened really.

But the decisions by the courts up to the Supreme Court seems like when referees in basketball or football allow a gross foul or penalty at the end of the game because they don't want to be seen as deciding the game.

Of course they are responsible by deciding not to make a ruling. Not making a ruling is making a ruling.

That's the equivalent of being down 57-2 and complaining the refs didn't call Defensive PI on your hail mary attempt on the final play of the game.

"The refs were so 1-sided, they didn't give us a chance" when your defense gave up 500yds rushing and and your offense only crossed midfield once.

Last edited:
It's done. Texas doesn't have standing per SCOTUS.

From the order:

Sometimes you have to be saved from your own stupidity. That's what the Supreme Court did here. They had a small child trying to drink radiator fluid, and they had to slap the cup out of his hand before he took a drink.

Texas GOP chairman - "Perhaps law-abiding states should bond together and form a Union of states that will abide by the constitution.”

Eo_tom6W8AApprG

Texas probably should leave, but not because of this procedural ruling. If Texas did vote to leave, I would stay with Texas
A state led by abbott will not secede.

Sometimes you have to be saved from your own stupidity. That's what the Supreme Court did here. They had a small child trying to drink radiator fluid, and they had to slap the cup out of his hand before he took a drink.

Dear Mr. Drama -- It was a garden variety procedural ruling that will mean nothing to anyone ever again

That's the equivalent of being down 57-2 and complaining the refs didn't call Defensive PI on your hail mary attempt on the final play of the game.

"The refs were so 1-sided, they didn't give us a chance" when your defense gave up 500yds rushing and and your offense only crossed midfield once.
True, but allowing the other team to field 15 players, pay the officials and run the scoreboard is.

Yeah, if we have a society that allows someone as honest as Paxton as attorney general and a president as honest as Trump to not win a crazy *** lawsuit... what good is it to even have courts? Geez... at least here in Texas we have a Supreme Court that looks after the rich and powerful. Those folks in Washington who insist on following what they believe it says in the Constitution ... We ought to pick up our marbles or stay home. Or maybe join with Mexico... where the majority of people don't own the government and their betters, as measured by wealth, get a better deal.

Eo_tom6W8AApprG

Rush Limbaugh and others have been saying for weeks that the SC didn’t want to get involved in any way shape or form in deciding the election.

They figure that if the states want to violate their own laws, that’s their prerogative.

I can't see Joe doing this. He'll be a wanted man in Pennsylvania. Kamala is a different story.
Apparently, according to the media and Democrats, PA voted for him/them, so if he/they tries to shut down fracking there, well, that's tough **** for them. Too bad the Trump people in PA have to suffer. They can move elsewhere, perhaps. Not always easy to do, I realize. Those are the breaks that the rest of us have to suffer through with Biden and Harris.

Also remember that Joe is a first rate corporate *****, roughly equal to Hillary. Shutting down the oil industry would crush all kinds of industry, including steel and Joe’s beloved Delaware chemical industry. He may chip around the edges (restriction on public lands, etc), but he wouldn’t allow a complete ban on fracing.

This is also why Medicare for all is unlikely under Joe’s watch. He is beholden to the insurance industry. I believe he was instrumental in shutting down the public option back when Obamacare was being negotiated.

Re secession: you guys realize most Texans would vote against it this time, right? Paraphrasing Rick Perry, with all its faults this Union is the best thing going and most of us know it.
Face it, Trump was a horrible messenger for conservatism, which he doesn’t really believe in anyway. He can now go back to playing golf with Bill Clinton and make big bucks promoting his own brand of tamper proof voting machines which red states will all buy.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. He is so bad that even a dumpster like Biden was preferable to millions more people

Most Texans would if the federal government took their guns, prevented them from working and infringed upon other personal rights. That process has started and based upon the Democrat platform, it will get worse. Better to amicably secede than go to war.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back