2020 Presidential Election: let the jockeying commence

Politico on the brother, after the election --

“In addition to the probe into Hunter Biden, federal authorities in the Western District of Pennsylvania are conducting a criminal investigation of a hospital business in which Joe Biden’s brother James was involved. Federal officials have asked questions about James Biden’s role in the business, according to a second person with direct knowledge of that investigation, who said it remains ongoing.”

I'm buying a media narrative like you buy a media narrative on how to fly a plane.

While I agree with you on the Texas thing I noticed that you aren't angry as hell at Penn. and Wisconsin for ignoring their own election laws and their Supreme Courts just allowing this **** to happen. Wisconsin isn't quite finished with their own hearing but we all know what will happen. This is banana republic type **** that's occurring.

Last edited:
“In addition to Delaware, the securities fraud unit in the Southern District of New York also scrutinized Hunter Biden’s finances, according to the person with direct knowledge of the investigation. The person said that, as of early last year, investigators in Delaware and Washington were also probing potential money laundering and Hunter Biden’s foreign ties. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.”

Apparently Kamala's name and contact info was on Hunter's laptop associated with a now bankrupt Chinese company

While I agree with you on the Texas thing I noticed that you aren't angry as hell at Penn. and Wisconsin for ignoring their own election laws and their Supreme Courts just allowing this **** to happen. This is banana republic type **** that's occurring.

Honestly I'm not familiar enough with Wisconsin to form a strong opinion. I do know about Pennsylvania, and I'm mad about it. Did it give the election to Biden? I don't know, and frankly I don't care. The rule of law was set aside, and that's a terrible and dangerous thing regardless of whether it affects the outcome. Like I said, I think their judges should be impeached. They've fundamentally violated their oath of office for partisan reasons. We'll see what happens with the Georgia lawsuit. If it ends up being being supported by the facts, I'll be angry about that too.

I don't put the Texas lawsuit on anywhere near the same level with state court battles over PA and maybe GA not following the law.

The losses are so voluminous in court it's tough to keep up. Trump and allies are now 1-56 in court. To put that in perspective, the only case they've won was to limit the acceptance of absentee ballots in PA to 6 days after the election rather than 9. That's it. They've lost or asked for dismissal of every other case.

Wisconsin State Appeals court rejects the Trump Campaign attempt to toss 200k ballots from Milwaukee and Dane counties.

All sorts of folks trying to get in on this effort by Texas to stop Democrats' destruction of honest voting in the US

Eo5xzIxXcAA0q3l

The Thomas More Society...Jenna Ellis is currently employed by them although the claim is that she's not affiliated with the Amistad Project, because that would threaten their non-profit status.

You can't make this **** up. Wannabe states "New California" and "New Nevada" filed an amicus brief in support of Texas for SCOTUS. This case has brought out the crazies maybe more so than the Kraken.

These political organizations might have a case but this is not it. They need to start in their states where they have standing. Jumping on this case is nothing more than a PR stunt.
New CA and NV.png

Rep Clay Higgins (R-LA) compared the internment of 120k Japanese Americans to the Trump election supporters in a (deleted?) Facebook post. This has now reached batshit crazy levels.

“The internment of 120K American citizens of Japanese ancestry during World War II happened," Higgins wrote. “It was real. It was wrong. It was abhorrent.

“And it was challenged in court as a violation of Constitutional rights. The Supreme Court of the United States did not stop it," he continued. "Lessons of history. They were 120 thousand. We are 75 million.”

Higgins then said that those that voted for Trump “will not take a knee to oppression,” adding that the election was “corrupted by coordinated massive fraud and by unconstitutional election process manipulation in major cities of key states.”

“If your rationale for kneeling is based upon a contemporary general acceptance of unconstitutional oppression and lack of Court intervention, then I ask you ... if you were a Japanese American in WWII ... would you just concede? Would you kneel?” Higgins wrote.

“If your answer is yes, then perhaps you should kneel. You’ll be out of our way," he added.

Is this really so much to ask for?

"What Texas seeks is for the Supreme Court to mandate that the defendant states comply with the Constitution, and that means that electors are selected by the states’ legislatures."

Come on man!

"What Texas seeks is for the Supreme Court to mandate that the defendant states comply with the Constitution, and that means that electors are selected by the states’ legislatures."

Come on man!

The state legislators of each of those states, and most of the 50 states, codified it in law that their electors would go to the candidate receiving the most votes. They are selecting the electors but have a legal process in place to avoid party politics chicanery.

For all the claims that Governors and SOS went above and beyond the law (none of which held up in court), how are these states any different from Abbott decrying through Executive Order that each county can have only 1 single VBM drop box? The legislation wasn't specific enough allowing Gov Abbott to translate the law to mean 1 drop box. How is that any different than what occurred in these other states?

This is why this case will fail. The State of TX is effectively suing states for actions itself is "guilty" of.

Come on man!

The Constitution places responsibility for elections to the individual states.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back