100 Day Countdown 2024

#63 Justin Blalock

justin-blalock-of-the-texas-longhorns-in-action-during-the-horns-38-37-victory-over-the.jpg

5054525.jpg

Last edited:
Don Wilson, Houston Lamar
upload_2024-6-30_14-23-51.jpeg

upload_2024-6-30_14-24-25.jpeg

From another school that has produced a stream of great players for the Steers.
All-American, MVP of the 1957 Sugar Bowl team (DKR’s first Longhorn team; the thumping they took from Ole Miss changed the way he approached bowl games).

Allsome historical find and post HG. So many of DKR's early players laid the foundation for future success!!

I frequently learn something new about the earlier Horns from your knowledge and deep dives!! :bow:

I KNOW who you think did not deserved to wear #60, but I shall not mention his name!
You talkin' 'bout me again, WM? 'Cause me & T.N. BOTH rocked #six oh. (Although T.N. was a little bigger, stronger, meaner, badder than I was. Also, he won a few more awards than I did. But hey, we both played Texas High School FB & we both wore #60)

Last edited:
Johnny Treadwell, Austin SFA
All-SWC, consensus AA offensive guard in 1962 and also the team MVP. Houston Post SWC Defensive MVP. Hall of Honor 1985.
Academic All-American ‘62 & ‘63, was a practicing veterinarian for forty years after his football career ended. Teamed with Pat Culpepper in an iconic photo that in my mind exemplified Longhorn football for the period.
upload_2024-7-2_8-15-45.jpeg

Oh, and Tommy Nobis got to wear his number.

Last edited:
Lloyd Wainscott, La Marque
1720389046426.jpeg

All-American, Hall of Honor.
Making one of his six tackles in his final collegiate game, a 36-13 victory over Tennessee New Year’s Day 1969

Recent Threads

Back