100 Day Countdown 2024

For you youngsters, Beau's dad (Warren) was a starting OL at A&M. He was a great HS coach (CyFair/Bay City/Dickinson). Warren's big game came in the State semifinals when he told his defense to let the opponent score because they were running out the clock, and CyFair's only chance was to get the ball back and score, which they did.

Warren used to kid me about never forgiving me for "stealing" his son from A&M, but then he and the CyFair principal loved playing golf on my club membership, particularly when I wasn't there.

Had the great pleasure of meeting this great Horn at the SEC celebration. 18 days fans!
Cropped because others in picture and didn’t know if they’d want to be included.

Attachments

• IMG_8816.jpeg
    IMG_8816.jpeg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 31
Robert Brewer, Richardson.
1723759562607.png

1982 team MVP, Cotton Bowl MVP, 2nd team all conference. Last walk-on to start at Texas, IIRC part of the only father-son tandem to start at quarterback for the Horns.
If he had been granted an extra year of eligibility in '83 (my memory of the circumstances surrounding that is really fuzzy, but that possibility was being discussed) we might have won the '84 Cotton Bowl 52-10 instead of losing it 10-9.

View attachment 10475
1982 team MVP, Cotton Bowl MVP, 2nd team all conference. Last walk-on to start at Texas, IIRC part of the only father-son tandem to start at quarterback for the Horns.
If he had been granted an extra year of eligibility in '83 (my memory of the circumstances surrounding that is really fuzzy, but that possibility was being discussed) we might have won the '84 Cotton Bowl 52-10 instead of losing it 10-9.
Brewer played on the last JV team,the shorthorns, we ever fielded as a true freshman I believe in ‘79. His appeal for an extra year was denied. There’s little doubt in mind we win NC in ‘83 with him as the starter.

SN,

I'm not sure anyone else could have boomed that punt against OU. What was that 75-80 yards and totally reversed the field.

SN,

I'm not sure anyone else could have boomed that punt against OU. What was that 75-80 yards and totally reversed the field.

Sabre,

1977 ou game. He did flip the field with that monster punt and helped the team hold on to a gritty 13-6 win.

I think officially the punt was 71 yards (anybody - check me on that) - measured from the LOS. If so, he was 15 yards back from the LOS, which means he actually punted it 86 yards!!!

Edit: OK, I looked up the game in the book: "oklahoma vs. Texas" by Robert Heard. He stated the punt was officially 69 yards. One would not see that in the end of game statistics, but it was a huge factor in the outcome of the game.

Last edited:
View attachment 10475

IMHO, Robert Brewer was one of those players that had "IT". :hookem:

I also think Major had "IT".

Last edited:
Not a countdown but ain’t it pretty. I love college football.

This is the last Saturday without college football until January 11th.

GVMMTtNWMAAm6o-.jpg

Michael Dickson, Sydney Australia
1724034168778.jpeg

He definitely had some dicey moments the first year or so, but became a punter who would seriously be mentioned in the same breath as Russell Erxleben.

Wow, this was late.

Marvin Kristynik, Bay City
1724112880816.jpeg

Action in a 19-0 victory over the Sooners in 1965. IIRC this may have been the last time Oklahoma was shut out until the 49-0 shellacking in 22.
Younger brother of offensive lineman David Krystinik and older brother of back Paul Krystinik. With him at quarterback in 1964, the Horns came within one play of repeating as National Champions, losing to eventual champ Arky 14-13.
Co-captain with Tommy Nobis in 1965.

Last edited:
Marvin Kristynik, Bay City
View attachment 10510
Action in a 19-0 victory over the Sooners in 1965. IIRC this may have been the last time Oklahoma was shut out until the 49-0 shellacking in 22.
Younger brother of offensive lineman David Krystinik and older brother of back Paul Krystinik. With him at quarterback in 1964, the Horns came within one play of repeating as National Champions, losing to eventual champ Arky 14-13.
Co-captain with Tommy Nobis in 1965.

Yup, 1964. Failed Kristinyk 2 pt pass conversion to Hix Green lost game 13-14 and likely NC to the lowly hawgs.

However, the Horns did prevail in 21-17 victory over #1 Alabama Jan. 1, 1965.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back