100 Day Countdown 2024

Are you telling me aggy was aggying things up even back in the '70s?
1722264491771.png

Are you telling me aggy was aggying things up even back in the '70s?
Yes, example fall 1975:

aggy is 9-0
beats UT 20-10 on T-Day to go 10-0 on the season
aggy now ranked #2 in the country

Heavily favored to beat arky in their final game, to finish undefeated 11-0 and SWC champ.

aggy forgets to show up vs. arky and gets beat 31-6 people!!! :lmao:

Then loses to USC 20-10

Finishes the season 10-2....

Last edited:
We are getting dangerously close to 30 days out from Horns opener vs Colorado State Lambs @ DKR in the Austin AUGUST HEAT!

Will save prediction for later.....

Lance Taylor, El Paso Coronado.
1722356238560.jpeg

Taking down George Woodard in a 57-28 victory that got Earl on the cover of SI.
All-SWC on a great defensive unit in 1977.

Kiki DeAyala, Houston Memorial
1722473230258.jpeg

Career highlights listed in Bleacher Report:

- Single season record for tackles for a loss in 1982 with 33.
- Second all-time in career tackles for a loss with 60 only behind Derrick Johnson.
- First in single-season quarterback pressures in 1982 with 56.
- Also, second in single-season quarterback pressures in 1981 with 47.
- Single-season record holder with 22.5 sacks in 1982.
- His 40.5 career sacks are an all-time Texas record.

At 6’1”, 238 lbs. not the most physically imposing defensive lineman on the roster, but absolutely dominant on the field. My hope is his records for sacks and tackles for loss will be broken someday (that can only bode well for the Horns) but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Lance Taylor, El Paso Coronado.
View attachment 10310
Taking down George Woodard in a 57-28 victory that got Earl on the cover of SI.
All-SWC on a great defensive unit in 1977.
Yeah, but Lance gets hurt in the game and we have no middle backer to stop the giant Irishmen in the Cotton Bowl. Aside from seeing Earl and Leon Manley before the game, no positive memories except riding with Hideo on ice from Baytown to just south of Dallas. It was a true white knuckler. Of course I did scalp my extra two tickets.

Yeah, but Lance gets hurt in the game and we have no middle backer to stop the giant Irishmen in the Cotton Bowl. Aside from seeing Earl and Leon Manley before the game, no positive memories except riding with Hideo on ice from Baytown to just south of Dallas. It was a true white knuckler. Of course I did scalp my extra two tickets.

Yeah, Lance would have been a HUGE game difference vs the F' irish in the CB.

Just like Colt vs. Bama in 2009-10 Rose Bowl.

Yes, I'm FIRMLY in the camp that the Horns would have beaten Bama if Colt was not knocked out of the game.

Go ahead and whine Bama fans!

Last edited:
I'll just leave this right here.

This never fails to put a smile on my face.

My apologies to Randy Kinder.

Oh, that's Bryant Westbrook of Oceanside CA for those of you scoring at home.
Not that he needs an introduction. Particularly the kind of intro he provided the unfortunate Mr. Kinder.

That's a nice compilation, but neither of the two best I've seen are included, although Bomar is a close third.

1) Leiding on opening kickoff against Arkansas

1A) Steve McMichael on Curtis Dickey (This one holds the record for the time in the air & distance traveled)

That's a nice compilation, but neither of the two best I've seen are included, although Bomar is a close third.

1) Leiding on opening kickoff against Arkansas

1A) Steve McMichael on Curtis Dickey (This one holds the record for the time in the air & distance traveled)
I second the Leiding hit. For some reason I don't recall Bam Bam's hit on Curtis Dickey although I was at the game.

He was our kicker that day. Aggie coaches knew our kicker was lazy and never ran down field -he kicked the ball and headed straight for the sideline. Curtis took the ball about two yards deep and headed up the sideline in front of the Aggie bench. Steve had 40 yard head of steam when he hit Curtis about the 23 so hard he flew into the retaining wall. According to my Aggie friend (starter on that Aggie team), Curtis went to the bench and refused to go out on the field. After my friend and Woodard "explained" to Curtis what was about to happen in front of 80,000 witnesses, he finally went reluctantly to the huddle.

About a decade later, I talked to Curtis at his job in Bryan about that hit. He said something to the affect that he didn't remember that hit, but neither did he remember the rest of the game.

Phil Brown, Commerce
1722642904280.png

Rushed for 2122 yards and 16 touchdowns in his Longhorn career, ranking 19th all time for Texas running backs. Averaged 5.6 YPC.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back