Winter Storms, Summer Heat, and our 3rd World Electric System

We're making cookies and such and we all just went outside to check and it is cold

Follow me for more insightful facts and anecdotes about the world

Please learn to be more informative - what kind of cookies?
Snowball cookies, peanut butter kisses, candied pecans, and Oreo truffles, about to start on sugar cookies.

I’ll leave the porch light on for you.

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2947.JPG

The second pic seems to indicate a multiple wine glass coaster thingamajig. Who has those?
I hadn't heard of a flight board until one of my wife’s employees gave her this thing with these tiny little glasses. I think it is for sophisticated people and their “tasting” parties but this is nothing more than brutish portion restriction as far as I can tell. I’m told it looks purdy on the kitchen counter though.

flight.jpg

I hadn't heard of a flight board until one of my wife’s employees gave her this thing with these tiny little glasses. I think it is for sophisticated people and their “tasting” parties but this is nothing more than brutish portion restriction as far as I can tell. I’m told it looks purdy on the kitchen counter though.

View attachment 7485
The tasting flights can be useful at a restaurant, but I'm not one to host parties and have a bunch of bottles laying around.

They can be purty though...

I'm with Dion; looks like a snobbish attempt to keep party costs down by limiting how much attendees can drink. After going to one of those parties, I'd be inclined to take my own glass to the second one.

I'm with Dion; looks like a snobbish attempt to keep party costs down by limiting how much attendees can drink. After going to one of those parties, I'd be inclined to take my own glass to the second one.
Uh oh….

Here comes Chop with his 7-11 Big Gulp cup in hand to our party.

Chop,

Your "big gulp" is welcome. We have a vat of Tom Herman Kool Aide left over, and a couple of bottles of Everclear you can cut it with.

Yep, we can leave early, arrive early, find smooth air, avoid thunderstorms, etc., but if the landing is a clunker, the whole flight sucked to most people.
As a customer flying generally two times a week, your job is to find smooth air so your flight attendants can serve drinks. Nobody cares about take off. The landing is a different story.

I went without power for 17 hours. Nothing to do with the grid though because it was a local problem that only affected 300+ people.

I went without power for 17 hours. Nothing to do with the grid though because it was a local problem that only affected 300+ people.
However did you survive? Are agencies stepping up to sufficiently make you whole for this wrong that the misguided media will try to pin on ERCOT?

Oh wait...you have common sense. You aren't newsworthy. We need someone with a victim complex dammit...

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back