Dismiss Notice

Hey Hornfans,

I posted an update to the Upgrades Notice so check that out if you’re interested. It’s happening late Thursday night, more details on the thread.

~ Dion

Who will be the next coach?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Jun 24, 2024.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

A year or two back, there were some posters on these boards who were VERY critical of Vitello--not his coaching skills, but the way he handled himself.

I don't know if any of it is true regarding Vitello, but remember, guys like Earl Weaver and Tommy LaSorda were certainly not "nice guys" with umpires, negative fans, or the media.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I don't think she's playing both sides. She didn't say Texas is definitely getting him, just that it would be hilarious if we did. And if not, the meltdowns today will have still been worth it. Come on Billy. Sensitive much?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Whoever is taking the job, the search has been going for weeks. If it happens to be one of the two who coached last night that would just be sheer coincidence. The search started before the super regionals were determined.

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That clown is aggy trying to swing his micro-dick because aggy is spending money on facilities.

5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

No I am not kidding. I realize you loved him but as you saw in the CWS, teams with pitching win. You believe we had great pitching from your earlier posts, I just disagree. I have posted before about Frank Anderson being the best pitching coach there is and Tennessee won tonight with him on staff. Its not really rocket science. When Pierce took over as pitching coach this year, I presumed we were not going to enjoy great success from that and we didnt. You and I just disagree on Pierce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

:idk:

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s obviously one of the two coaches who were at last nights game. Otherwise, why wait until as late as Thursday?

• Like Like x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Also, why be so secretive if it isn’t Schloss? No one cares about Tenn feelings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

If it is Schloss man what a gut punch to aggy

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I almost feel bad about the whole thing, if you’re in Austin, ags may burn that whole city down. Or at least the school.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

Please not Vitello. He's a player's coach and that serves him well, but he also behaves like he's their age as well. He's not the person I want to be the face of TX Baseball. If you want to know what I mean, go back and watch any of the three CWS Finals games and picture him wearing a Texas jersey. There would be many a thread on HF complaining about his antics. While I disagreed with the hiring of Pierce, he was a good representative of my alma mater.

12. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Maybe they take Frank Anderson?

13. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

22:30 Schloss storms off.

14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

No comment

GQ8EmQBXIAACcWW.jpg

15. ronich

ronich 100+ Posts

:popcorn:

16. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I haven't refreshed Hornfans this much since I can't even remember.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

"It wasn't as much money, but why did I leave TCU for these numb nuts?"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

or

"We both looks pretty good in purple, but we'll both look great in burnt orange."

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Higher profile and lower tuition. Since the number of baseball scholarships is so limited and has to be divided, it is easier for players' families to raise $8-10,000 a year than $75,000 a year.

22. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

23. WJHorn

WJHorn 100+ Posts

I think he'd be a good choice, too - considering what he's accomplished at UK, he'd have a very high ceiling at Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

That would be the first sensible thing they have done in a very long time.

25. Sangre Naranjada

He plays a really good flugelhorn, and I still like 80s jazz fusion, but how does that qualify him to coach baseball at UT?

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That thinking is poison cheese - the same was said of Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, Shaka Smart, etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. WJHorn

WJHorn 100+ Posts

So, Sark was poison cheese? Everyone except our AD and prez knew Charlie was a bad hire, and made for the wrong reasons. That was rotten cheese. Shaka was a great hire - just didn't work out here, for reasons that will never be understood. Agree with you on Herman, but there will always be the occasional miss, even with established coaches - just ask aggy.

• Like Like x 1
  28. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

YES YES YES

• Like Like x 1
  30. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts