Weekly Prediction Overall Results

I know this is all for fun, and maybe I’m confused, but picking the wrong team to win doesn’t matter?
It would be interesting to see the score so far if no points were rewarded for picking a loser. If you pick a bad wife are there any points?

Awarding points for a losing pick, without any disrespect intended to Military, smacks of Mulliganism and everybody gets a ribbon.
Points appear to be awarded for sum of points difference for each team, total points scored in game, margin of victory, and picking the winner.

Points appear to be awarded for sum of points difference for each team, total points scored in game, margin of victory, and picking the winner.
I can’t tell who has picked the winner the most often or even better, who has picked the winner at the highest percentage.

Awarding points for a losing pick, without any disrespect intended to Military, smacks of Mulliganism and everybody gets a ribbon.
I took this over a couple years ago and I am not sure who ran it before. When I initially took it over my main focus was on what the prediction was compared to the actual score and the difference in those two.

We discussed this in length two years ago about how the scoring is calculated. The biggest thing is not who wins but how close the score is to the prediction but there is a penalty for not picking the correct winner which is reflected in the MOV portion of the scoring.
Example.jpg

We all know it isn't perfect but it is set up to be more of a fun activity for those who want to participate. Don't get me wrong, I am a competitive person and I actually try to predict a score that I think will happen, as most do on here.

Hope this helped.

I can’t tell who has picked the winner the most often or even better, who has picked the winner at the highest percentage.
If you care about picking winners and losers there is Vegas for that. Trying to picking the actual scores of both teams is more complicated.

I took this over a couple years ago and I am not sure who ran it before. When I initially took it over my main focus was on what the prediction was compared to the actual score and the difference in those two. I like what you are doing and

We discussed this in length two years ago about how the scoring is calculated. The biggest thing is not who wins but how close the score is to the prediction but there is a penalty for not picking the correct winner which is reflected in the MOV portion of the scoring.
View attachment 7285

We all know it isn't perfect but it is set up to be more of a fun activity for those who want to participate. Don't get me wrong, I am a competitive person and I actually try to predict a score that I think will happen, as most do on here.

Hope this helped.
Perhaps it would be useful information to add a column that shows the number of correct win/loss predictions. Thanks for all you do!

To address this statement, it isn't so much a participation ribbon as it is giving credit for making a prediction. The prediction is there and like my earlier post on the subject it is geared more to what the prediction was compared to the actual score of the individual teams. The points received are a reflection of how close that individual came to predicting each team respectively.

Is the contest over after Baylor, or was it intended to include the CCG and bowl game? I would say it should be over after next week (regular season only).

Makes me wish I could have participated more. I was teaching bridge on a month and a half long cruise and my Internet was worse than spotty. I didn't do as well as with my first win, but I'm happy. Go Kansas!

Recent Threads

Back