Week 5 Prediction Thread: Texas vs. Mississippi State...I feel the need for more COW BELL

It’s time.

UT 69, MSU 1.
Good news NJ, I have fixed my spreadsheet and figured out how to include zeroes in my formulas without screwing everything else up! Feel free to put them in your prediction from now on.

Last edited:
I am starting to believe in our D and expect more of the same this weekend from them.

Texas - 55
Miss St. - 6

I have a bit of trepidation about the game today. I believe we’re really as good as we think we are, but I do worry about overconfidence in this game. The universal opinion is that Mississippi State is an extremely weak team, essentially devoid of talent. Additionally, just about now, we have probably started mentally prepping for the heavy hitters in our schedule. So to me, that suggest a potential trap game. I’m sure that Sark understands this…

I hope we don’t sleep walk through the first quarter or so and make this more interesting than it should be.

I have a bit of trepidation about the game today. I believe we’re really as good as we think we are, but I do worry about overconfidence in this game. The universal opinion is that Mississippi State is an extremely weak team, essentially devoid of talent. Additionally, just about now, we have probably started mentally prepping for the heavy hitters in our schedule. So to me, that suggest a potential trap game. I’m sure that Sark understands this…

I hope we don’t sleep walk through the first quarter or so and make this more interesting than it should be.
After watching Kentucky b!tch slap Ole Miss, I told my wife, "I hope we don't walk into a similar situation today." I didn't relax until there was only a few minutes left in the game I think this game may have been very good for us. This game should have our guys uber focused and prepared to shoot the lights out in our next two games. My only concern will be QE having some rust to knock off. For that reason alone I was hoping he would be ready to go yesterday. Obliques and hamstrings are easy to re-injure, so I'm glad they are being very conservative with him.

In years past, no way do we win that game yesterday.

Here is the top 10 for the week and congrats to @LonghornCatholic for winning this week. Stats for the week is also posted. To see the full results go to 2024 Weekly Prediction Contest Overall Results

Weekly Prediction Top 10 Finish.jpg

Weekly Stats.jpg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back