Week 2 Prediction Thread: Texas vs Michigan...Glad We Have Helmet Comms Now

militaryhorn

Prediction Contest Manager
A great early test for the team to see where we stand as they face off with the National Champions.

I will update last week's results on Monday.

Kate Mckinnon Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Chicken Pants GIF

Classic matchup of 2 of the most storied college football Blue Bloods. Both Top 10. Defending National Champs. Biggest stadium in the country. Game Day. Enjoy this one….gonna be an instant classic.

:bevo: 31

:um: 24

Tx 37
M 27
Our run defense will be tested. Time will run. We will create some big plays to outscore them.

Classic matchup of 2 of the most storied college football Blue Bloods. Both Top 10. Defending National Champs. Biggest stadium in the country. Game Day. Enjoy this one….gonna be an instant classic.

:bevo: 31

:um: 24
And two terrific marching bands that contribute to the morale of their respective fan bases. (Although if the LHB travels for this, it will likely be a small contingent.)

We are the team that we think we are…

Texas - 31
MI - 17

I’ll add that the key matchup is our OL against their DL, and not just Graham. If we win that battle, we will be fine.

Last edited:
UT 34
UM 24

I think this game will look a lot like last season’s Bama game in Tuscaloosa.

Last edited:
Early line from Circa is Texas -5 and I saw -6 elsewhere. O/U is 43.5 which suggests low scoring is expected. It's a big spread for Texas going on the road...

I'm calling it Texas 31-21, with Texas covering and the over bettors from early week cashing tickets.

EDIT: Weather forecast suggests rain late week but none on game day. Temps MIGHT crack 60 by game time, with lows in the 40's. B1G players are more accustomed to than than our crew. It's not an unbearable chill, but it adds to the home field advantage just like heat and humidity last week. Crank up the A/C in the bubble and maybe even flood the field today...

Last edited:
Mich had a lot of starter turnover from 2023, a new HC, second game of the season. Horns will get their A game in a loud environment.

Horns 24
Wolverines 21

Last edited:
I think there's going to be a lot of FG settling at the end of long drives, which works in our favor.

Texas 29
Mich 22

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back