Vice Presidential Debate

In my contrarian opinion I think Vance blew too many opportunities. He was afraid to pounce, for whatever reason, when given openings. The 140 police comment, the fear of legal retribution when the lawfare trump is undergoing (can you say assassination attempts) currently, and all the FBI incriminating evidence, Walz whining about the blame game, so many times he should have had responses ready. He should have been able to list off the numerous recent discoveries that bring impropriety to light on the election issue, not arrogantly claiming victory but point out cause for concern. The sympathy message should have been correlated with the immigrant issue and their crimes, specifically the rapes and murders. I’ll bet Likan’s parents were thinking about it.
How in the heck the $25,000 gift will not increase housing costs was asked but never answered and Vance did not pursue. The tax on tips copying never mentioned. That plays into the “not doing anything for three years” perfectly. Not once did I hear “are you better off now” which would reinforce the three years of going downhill message and resound with many older voters.
Yes he looked calm and articulate but after letting Walz get by and recover from his initial nervousness he never took control when given numerous opportunities. Too bad.

In my contrarian opinion I think Vance blew too many opportunities. He was afraid to pounce, for whatever reason, when given openings. The 140 police comment, the fear of legal retribution when the lawfare trump is undergoing (can you say assassination attempts) currently, and all the FBI incriminating evidence, Walz whining about the blame game, so many times he should have had responses ready. He should have been able to list off the numerous recent discoveries that bring impropriety to light on the election issue, not arrogantly claiming victory but point out cause for concern. The sympathy message should have been correlated with the immigrant issue and their crimes, specifically the rapes and murders. I’ll bet Likan’s parents were thinking about it.
How in the heck the $25,000 gift will not increase housing costs was asked but never answered and Vance did not pursue. The tax on tips copying never mentioned. That plays into the “not doing anything for three years” perfectly. Not once did I hear “are you better off now” which would reinforce the three years of going downhill message and resound with many older voters.
Yes he looked calm and articulate but after letting Walz get by and recover from his initial nervousness he never took control when given numerous opportunities. Too bad.
I was disappointed he didn't call out a couple of lies too, but he did "pounce" when Walz accused Trump of not listening to the so called experts. He really pounced on the fact Trump applied common sense and gave us 1.5% inflation and the highest real wages ever and many experts admitted to being wrong.

But I also think it was part of their strategy to come across as the reserved nice guy to appeal to women voters to combat the meanie image Trump has with a lot of women. After all, that's were votes are able to be changed. Walz certainly didn't move the needle for men even if he tried talking about having a shotgun in his car to go hunting after FB practice.

I was disappointed he didn't call out a couple of lies too, but he did "pounce" when Walz accused Trump of not listening to the so called experts. He really pounced on the fact Trump applied common sense and gave us 1.5% inflation and the highest real wages ever and many experts admitted to being wrong.

But I also think it was part of their strategy to come across as the reserved nice guy to appeal to women voters to combat the meanie image Trump has with a lot of women. After all, that's were votes are able to be changed. Walz certainly didn't move the needle for men even if he tried talking about having a shotgun in his car to go hunting after FB practice.
I think he was trying to avoid looking too combative by choosing his battles. I thought he did a great job of explaining why Harris was the wrong choice for the country while remaining very likeable. Personally, I thought Vance put on a master class in debating with the intent of influencing middle of the road voters.

Planning to watch tonight, and it's also Oktoberfest at the Wellington (my local pub), so I'll be feeling pretty beautiful before I even start watching. This is a litre of Spaten Oktoberfest.

Compress_20241002_195658_8007.jpg

I think he was trying to avoid looking too combative by choosing his battles. I thought he did a great job of explaining why Harris was the wrong choice for the country while remaining very likeable. Personally, I thought Vance put on a master class in debating with the intent of influencing middle of the road voters.
He did very well.

As far as VP debaters go: Maybe George H.W. Bush could've (or did?) equal this debate performance as a Vice Presidential candidate...?

I can't think of any others in modern history that would have performed as well as JD did last night. (maybe LBJ or Nixon...?)

Ah yes................., Bentsen. Bentsen came across strong and had a memorable zinger that rang for the rest of the campaign. You may laugh, but you have to be able to think on your feet and put your words together well, in the heat of the moment, to pull that off on stage.

So I'm about to watch and walked home. For the record, it's 11:58 pm. I've have 3.5 liters of beer (approximately 10 12 - ounce beers) over the course of the entire evening (about 7 hours). Not slobbering drunk, but I feel very good. I think I'm buzzed enough to watch the debate, but we'll see.

Deez: Walz will get worse... <spoiler alert> will later refer himself as a "Kuncklehead".

Yeah, if The Joker Kamala was somehow elected and something happened to her.... you gotta worry Curly from the 3 Stooges has the nuclear codes!

Nuck, nuck!

Last edited:
Understood but even your liver cannot keep up within that time frame

To quote Toby Keith, I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was. I can slam booze on a given night but can't do it regularly. I also recognize that my days of being able to do it even for a night are numbered.

So Herr Deez, Beer Prophet.

Your feedback on the debate bitte?

The wife got tired and made both of us go to bed halfway through it. Lol. Planning to watch the rest tonight.

But at least so far, I think Vance did pretty well, even if he wore more eyeliner than Boy George. He's very smart and quick on his feet. He stayed on point and didn't let Walz or the moderators get to him. And when he spoke, he made it count. Again, at least so far, I'd give him an A or A- grade. If he had gone up against Harris, he would have absolutely routed her and perhaps effectively ended the campaign.

Even with moderator help (though less than what Harris got), Walz was a bit scattered and didn't respond particularly well to Vance's best points. In fact, for someone on a national ticket, he's not well-spoken. Josh Shapiro would have been much better. In Walz's favor, he didn't act like a jerk. I wouldn't describe him as "folksy," but he showed friendliness at times to go with he awkwardness. I'd give him a C+. Not especially good but could have been worse.

With all of Walz lies in mind I tried to find if Tim did meet with Sandy Hook victim parents.
Sandy Hook parents did testify to lobby for more gun control in 2013( shooting was in Dec 12). Wikipedia didn't list Walz on any committee related to gun control issues.
So why would the Sandy Hook parents from Conn. visit a Congressman from Minn Office.?There are 435 Congress people, hard to believe they chose him.

Now media is trying to cover for Walz 's ineptness by saying he wasn't used to media and being interviewed. Dude had been in politics 18 years through many campaigns.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back