Trump verdict in

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.

Very much so. A long time friend of mine is a Catholic Latino and we talk about everything. He totally ignored my question about abortion. Wasn't interested in discussing it. I just let it go. He gets impatient when I drill down on the fiasco taxing unrealized gains would be. He just says, "I don't know all the tax stuff, but Trump is a convict. That's all I need to know."

Last edited:
It would be easy to attack them on policy but all my Liberal friends (long-time friends, back to the 1970's) are consumed by Trump's character issues. They don't care about policy at all. All this price cap and taxes on unrealized gains and defunding the police etc. means nothing. Trump is a bad man. They stick to that and will always stick to that. I wish Haley had won the nomination. She could counter the damn intersectional (making history) crap, is clean (isn't she?) character-wise and is certainly as qualified as Kamala.

I would have preferred Haley because she doesn't have anywhere near the baggage that Trump has and is more conservative on some issues. However, this is almost surely BS. I'm not saying you're lying. I'm saying you might be misreading your friends. Here's why.

If you've known these people since the '70s, then they aren't young. They were voting in the '90s. I'll bet they were fine voting for Bill Clinton, who had notoriously bad character. Remember "it's the economy, stupid." That was the comeback when people pointed out what a slimy human being Clinton was. Nobody denied it. They argued that it didn't matter. George Bush and Bob friggin' Dole, who had his body almost competely destroyed for his country, weren't good enough for them, but slimy, perjuring, womanizing Bill Clinton was.

The point is that character isn't their real concern. It's simply the defensible reason they can come up with not to vote Republican. In 4 years when the nominee is Ron Desantis or someone who actually does have good character, it'll be something else.

Last edited:
Amazed the people who can forget how good thing were under Trump for nearly every single person in USA just 4 or so years ago but either think mean tweets are more important than actual results
Or can remember or believe behavior from 20/30 years ago

Amazed the people who can forget how good thing were under Trump for nearly every single person in USA just 4 or so years ago but either think mean tweets are more important than actual results

For 8 straight years all that is heard from the media and left is how bad it was so those who can't think for themselves can't see it. Hell, I constantly get people telling me how great things are now even though financially everyone is struggling...."but the DOW hit a record high"....at this point most don't give a damn about the DOW.

Vol
We both have clueless friends. I have tried to calmly point out some kitchen table issues. I just hope they wise up
Or there arent that many clueless who will vote.

For 8 straight years all that is heard from the media and left is how bad it was so those who can't think for themselves can't see it. Hell, I constantly get people telling me how great things are now even though financially everyone is struggling...."but the DOW hit a record high"....at this point most don't give a damn about the DOW.

The Dow should be good with all of the funny money we're printing.

They don't forget what things were like, but they do focus on what the media tells them is important and what to associate with a candidate. For Trump, that means being a convicted felon who led an insurrection at the Capitol.

There has also been a big political and economic shift. The Democrats are now the party of Wall Street, because it's the party of loose money. So if you rely heavily on investment income, they're not bad for you. You may not like the inflation, but so long as your stock portfolio thrives, you probably don't care that much. Liberal economic policy is dumb and bad overall, but it's not bad for everybody. There are winners.

Mr D
I know you are right BUT how many Voters can there be who are living on their investments?
OTOH sadly your point about the DemxMedia Complex constantly posting negativity about Trump could have an effect.
Today 2 lawyers used the phrase " adjudicated rapist"
When asked what that meant neither was honest.

Mr D
I know you are right BUT how many Voters can there be who are living on their investments?
OTOH sadly your point about the DemxMedia Complex constantly posting negativity about Trump could have an effect.
Today 2 lawyers used the phrase " adjudicated rapist"
When asked what that meant neither was honest.

It's not so much living on investments but having enough to care about the stock market on a regular basis. If you make $250K per year, bought your house 10+ years ago, there's a good chance that you have some investments or retirement and also make enough discretionary cash not to care about your grocery and electric bills going up.

I don't think there are enough people even at 250k who aren't concerned And affected by extreme higher living costs to matter in this election.

Vol
We both have clueless friends. I have tried to calmly point out some kitchen table issues. I just hope they wise up
Or there arent that many clueless who will vote.
If they are demz they will never recognize anything Trump did.

I don't think there are enough people even at 250k who aren't concerned And affected by extreme higher living costs to matter in this election.

It doesn't even have to be $250K. If you're locked into a mortgage payment from 2010 (for example), the housing cost problem doesn't affect you. Food and energy do, but even those clobber families with kids the hardest. If you're single or just childless, they hurt you a lot less, assuming you make good money. Are we talking about a hundred million people? No. But is it enough to matter in suburban Phoenix or Philadelphia? Yes.

I would have preferred Haley because she doesn't have anywhere near the baggage that Trump has and is more conservative on some issues. However, this is almost surely BS. I'm not saying you're lying. I'm saying you might be misreading your friends. Here's why.

If you've known these people since the '70s, then they aren't young. They were voting in the '90s. I'll bet they were fine voting for Bill Clinton, who had notoriously bad character. Remember "it's the economy, stupid." That was the comeback when people pointed out what a slimy human being Clinton was. Nobody denied it. They argued that it didn't matter. George Bush and Bob friggin' Dole, who had his body almost competely destroyed for his country, weren't good enough for them, but slimy, perjuring, womanizing Bill Clinton was.

The point is that character isn't their real concern. It's simply the defensible reason they can come up with not to vote Republican. In 4 years when the nominee is Ron Desantis or someone who actually does have good character, it'll be something else.

You're right. I didn't word it properly. The main thing is they are hiding behind the character stuff. They want to be Liberals and that's pretty much it.

You're right. I didn't word it properly. The main thing is they are hiding behind the character stuff. They want to be Liberals and that's pretty much it.
It doesn't even have to be $250K. If you're locked into a mortgage payment from 2010 (for example), the housing cost problem doesn't affect you. Food and energy do, but even those clobber families with kids the hardest. If you're single or just childless, they hurt you a lot less, assuming you make good money. Are we talking about a hundred million people? No. But is it enough to matter in suburban Phoenix or Philadelphia? Yes.

By the way, my friend is now trying to deny the open border campaign being run by the Democrats. I told him to stick to calling Trump a convicted felon...

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back