The S-E-C S-E-C WBB Thread

IDK
If I knew someone who worked for a national paper had spent over a year contacting former players for negative remarks about me. The same person who did a hit piece on the football coach at same school
AND the news leaked out he was doing a hit piece on me during the NCAA Tourney
I would make a statement too and I am no Mulkey fan.

IDK
If I knew someone who worked for a national paper had spent over a year contacting former players for negative remarks about me. The same person who did a hit piece on the football coach at same school
AND the news leaked out he was doing a hit piece on me during the NCAA Tourney
I would make a statement too and I am no Mulkey fan.

Yes, tough decision when you are expecting the worst. I generally think that you don't have to explain what you don't say. But our media world is so volatile now, it's difficult to know how to proceed.

Not a lawyer, but she needs better legal advice. There's no prior restraint, so IMHO, she should have kept her mouth shut. She can sue after publication if she thinks she has been damaged or libeled. (I know, I know ... since when does she listen to advice from others.)
Mulkey threatens legal action ahead of Post story
mUlKey definitely decided to circle the wagons with this stmt which tells me this article is about to run any day now. Also, Wapo will make sure the article is written in such a way as to not make it actionable. She’s a public figure, so those are the hardest defamation cases to win. She made this statement today in an attempt at damage control because I’m guessing she knows it’s true and it’s not going to be pretty.

A. All she did was make more people interested in the story

B. We all know what s*** she pulled/said/did at Baylor. Can only imagine what she did at the non-Baptist school.

C. The woman is garbage. We all watched it play out court-side, especially during the Karen years. Here’s some video in case you forgot how she trash-talked our players…

Last edited:
So funny how when the negative press was about her former star lesbian player being in a Russian jail caught with drug paraphernalia, it's a terse 'you won't hear me comment on that' but when the negative press is about her it all the sudden becomes 'there's two sides to every story'. Anyone who thinks this narcissistic hillbilly is in it for anyone but herself should just examine this little juxtaposition.

B. We all know what s*** she pulled/said/did at Baylor. Can only imagine what she did at the non-Baptist school.

C. The woman is garbage. We all watched it play out court-side, especially during the Karen years. Here’s some video in case you forgot how she trash-talked our players…

She's trash

I have always thought that Empress and her Mom Carrie should have sued Kim’s a** off for grabbing Empress’s neck like that…I’m pretty sure Texas encouraged them to “let it go”, but if that had been my kid, I sure would have gotten a piece of her (then) 5 Million dollar paycheck!! Louisiana Trailer Trash indeed….

I have always thought that Empress and her Mom Carrie should have sued Kim’s a** off for grabbing Empress’s neck like that…I’m pretty sure Texas encouraged them to “let it go”, but if that had been my kid, I sure would have gotten a piece of her (then) 5 Million dollar paycheck!! Louisiana Trailer Trash indeed….
KM is lucky Empress didn't belong to someone who would've jumped out of the stands and whooped her ***. There are PLENTY of moms who would've, and I can't say I blame them.

Yes nothing in that article was earth shattering or much of anything new. Color me a little disappointed.

Not sure why her son had to convince her to go see Pat Summitt near her final days though.

Did any of y'all actually expect the Compost to offer anything other than mediocrity?

Yes, but editors could have opted to kill the story after most people contacted declined to comment. No way they would do that after KM's public complaints. The story is about how KM's father shaped her personality - doesn't excuse a lifetime of what most of us consider bad behavior - but not necessarily of interest, as the Wapo probably thought when it was planned.

Yes nothing in that article was earth shattering or much of anything new. Color me a little disappointed.

Not sure why her son had to convince her to go see Pat Summitt near her final days though.
Possibly because Pat could no longer do anything for her. And, even the most positive, loving relationships suffer when Alzheimer's takes over.

Possibly because Pat could no longer do anything for her. And, even the most positive, loving relationships suffer when Alzheimer's takes over.
I understand that I lost my mom to Alzheimer’s. Just thought it odd her son got involved

The article - nothing I don’t know or suspect about Mulkey. She’s a homophobe, a narcissist, obsessed with winning (which is why she’s one of the best coaches in the game) and likely MAGA.
I don’t like her less because that wouldn’t be possible. She has no defamation case because you can’t be defamed with the truth.

Last edited:

Recent Threads

Back