The S-E-C S-E-C WBB Thread

If I recall correctly, when the SEC women's tournament was in the Atlanta area, it was held at the Gwinnett Center Arena in Duluth. That's a great facility, been there some years ago to watch Maya Moore when she was playing in the Georgia HS State Tournament.
I didn't realize Duluth was near Atlanta. Still, I'd wonder why it hasn't hosted in like 10 years; perhaps the arena is too old and fans/players having some modern amenities is important.

As much as fans here like Mulkey, I could actually see spearheading a move towards rotating the location so the eastern most schools aren't always in favorable proximity. She'd have to get the head coaches from schools in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Mississippi on her side.

I didn't realize Duluth was near Atlanta. Still, I'd wonder why it hasn't hosted in like 10 years; perhaps the arena is too old and fans/players having some modern amenities is important.

As much as fans here like Mulkey, I could actually see spearheading a move towards rotating the location so the eastern most schools aren't always in favorable proximity. She'd have to get the head coaches from schools in the states of Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Mississippi on her side.
It's about 20 - 25 miles from Atlanta and a nice facility. Lots of adding on and upgrading has been done over the years. When I was there it was fairly new I think. I'd love to see the tournament come to DFW though!

I attended the SEC tourny last year. Excellent location for fans. Once you fly in and get a hotel in downtown Greenville everything is walkable. Their downtown is super nice and super clean. Loved it. They have a main street created to welcome guest. Its beautiful. A plethora of restaurants and they all serve excellent food. Ice cream, popcorn, chocolate and many eclectic boutiques. It was a great weekend. The arena was nice and had great real food. I love that arenas now offer more than hotdogs and hamburgers.

So anyways, I definitely understand if they extend Greenvilles contract. Excellent destination for a tourny.

FYI, Lived in Greenville, SC, for 5 years in the '90s. There are direct flights from DFW. It's a great town which has managed to grow and prosper without too much drama or divisiveness, has an interesting international and Old South vibe, home to Michelin's North American headquarters and Bosch and Hitachi plants, a BMW plant is nearby, and there are many European and Japanese suppliers. It's in the foothills of the mountains, about 60 miles from Asheville, NC, and Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Also 30 miles from Clemson University and 100 miles from USC in Columbia. Carolina honey mustard barbecue, yum ... Nice place to live, but I'm a Texan.
:bevo:

For those watching the SCar/lSu SEC tourney champ. game, Angel Reese is out of control as usual. The refs just missed her pulling Cardoza's hair on the last poss'n and on the very next poss'n, she swung her arms up wildly into Cardoza's face resulting in an upgraded foul call. Her constant jawing at opponents in this and other games is annoying as h#ll. She and Van Lith each have played 4 seasons, but obviously would each have a covid season to use. Anyone here have an opinion on whether or not they are likely to leave? I would think Reese won't stick around based upon her past history of academic issues. But I'm assuming some of these star players can make more through NIL than what they'd get in the WNBA.

For those watching the SCar/lSu SEC tourney champ. game, Angel Reese is out of control as usual. The refs just missed her pulling Cardoza's hair on the last poss'n and on the very next poss'n, she swung her arms up wildly into Cardoza's face resulting in an upgraded foul call. Her constant jawing at opponents in this and other games is annoying as h#ll. She and Van Lith each have played 4 seasons, but obviously would each have a covid season to use. Anyone here have an opinion on whether or not they are likely to leave? I would think Reese won't stick around based upon her past history of academic issues. But I'm assuming some of these star players can make more through NIL than what they'd get in the WNBA.
They both chose to be honored on LSU's senior day last week. They are expected to move on after the post-season.

Mayhem in the last 2 minutes of the SC-LSU game. Flaujae Johnson’s brother jumped down onto the court after she was knocked down by Cardoso and he squared up to her. He better be barred from the NCAA tourney and see the inside of a jail cell. Refs have been trying to untangle this for 10+ minutes, expect multiple ejections.

Update: Only 5 LSU and 6 SC players left to finish the game. Cardoso will miss their 1st round game due to a ‘fighting’ penalty.

Last edited:
Mayhem in the last 2 minutes of the SC-LSU game. Flaujae Johnson’s brother jumped down onto the court after she was knocked down by Cardoso and he squared up to her. He better be barred from the NCAA tourney and see the inside of a jail cell. Refs have been trying to untangle this for 10+ minutes, expect multiple ejections.

Update: Only 5 LSU and 6 SC players left to finish the game. Cardoso will miss their 1st round game due to a ‘fighting’ penalty.
Absolutely crazy. This is what happens when refs let this sh*t fester and commentators glorify the trash talking online. It doesn't help that mUlKey coaches one of these teams either because I'm sure that's part of the problem here. This nonsense caused everyone to miss the whole 1st qtr of the Pac12 champ. game.

I think the refs determined that Flaujae’s shove was not to the level of a “fighting foul” as was Cardoso’s. If so, we’d have a lot more ejections in a lot of games.

Whew, but fans coming out on the court? I would think Flaujae’s brother will be banned from the NCAA tournament. I think he should not be allowed to attend.

I think the refs determined that Flaujae’s shove was not to the level of a “fighting foul” as was Cardoso’s. If so, we’d have a lot more ejections in a lot of games.

Whew, but fans coming out on the court? I would think Flaujae’s brother will be banned from the NCAA tournament. I think he should not be allowed to attend.
Completely agree but I would imagine many brothers would jump the scorer’s table if they saw their sister being thrown to the ground like that. Cardoso was brutal. But considering how she was shoved and had her hair pulled etc. all game, I’m not surprised she wasn’t able to maintain her cool.

It's about 20 - 25 miles from Atlanta and a nice facility. Lots of adding on and upgrading has been done over the years. When I was there it was fairly new I think. I'd love to see the tournament come to DFW though!
Dont think the powers to be in the sec would let that move to DFW. They already have a red arse over Texas has too much money in NIL. Funny how they never worried about the sheep humpers from college station and now that big brother is arriving they are worried. LOL Perhaps the ags to big 10 rumor will play out and they can move on.

Recent Threads

Back